Unskippable: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Regardless of our comments herein, any game that can be contracted to "COD BLOPS" is all right with us.

Watch Video

"play it cool"

Yeah... we definitely have differing ideas as to what that means.

Love the System of a Down reference at the beginning

My posts, they are Duplicating!

Is anyone else having issues getting this to load?

Starke:

*raises hand*

Jimquisition loaded fine just moments ago.

wackelpudding:

Starke:

*raises hand*

Jimquisition loaded fine just moments ago.

Funny thing, I let them both load, and about the time Jimquisition finished it's intro ad, Unskippable started up.

Just reloaded once, worked fine. Does getting nostalgic over a System of a Down ref make me old because damn. Maybe its too much of an injoke but a gratuitous COD BLOPS would've been a right tickle.

Starke:

Same here, the high quality video says stream not found, and the standard quality just sits there with the spiraling loading play button in the center. No matter how many times I reload both qualities won't run.

i was thinking if a unskipable of black ops was even doable then you did it and added a system of a down refrence nicely done guys

COD BLOPS. Hehe. Awesome. :)

So ...Assassin's Creed type loading screens, you get knocked out, poisoned, body-doubled ...seriously did COD BLOPS just use every gaming trope ever?

Sheesh.

For a second there I thought there was going to be a "That was the eight time I died". :P

IDEAS FOR COMMENTS:

1. What's with all the references to social networking?

2. Out of context quote of the week: "Prepare the carrot suppository....and release the bunnies."

Starke:

Can't watch it, either. Already reloaded three times and no luck so far.

Wow, That has to be one of the worst "Play it cool" moments ever.

"Show us your papers"

(Stabs the guy with a knife)

Yeah, I wonder how they saw through that one...

what's up with Yer streamz today ? I saw that AMD commercial like 20 times and still the video won't play. ;/

oh and btw: You could do the unskippable intro to DX:HR, it gets dull after starting the game for the fifth time xD

I especially loved this as I just recently played this game and boy was the story incredibly stupid. I was hoping for a comment about how that beer bottle Woods smashes in the face of that cop he stabs magically appears out of nowhere, but ah well. Still very funny seeing this stupid plot get ripped on.

Also, I can't blame Graham for wanting to get his balls shocked rather than play any more of that game. At least the single player part.

ball shocking...yeah just about my entire experience with CoD BO :p

hope MW3 has some good cutscenes for Unskippable :D

I'm a little disappointed, I thought CoD of late had been pretty good at seeing things as they are instead of the retarded Cubans are evil for replacing our oppressive American puppet capitalist dictator with an oppressive Soviet puppet communist dictator. (Although Castro would have a better chance at challenging those statements)

Then denying the country 50% of their usual trade, poisoning their crops, sponsoring illegal invasions etc and showing us how obviously communism fails when despite all this it ends up with a healthcare system several times more efficient than that of a neighbouring country...

I was hoping they're go down a "we're all a little bit evil" appraoch at least

Starke:

Same here. If I'm forced to restart my laptop just for this to work, I'll do it.

...And now I have to listen to SOAD after commenting here. >_> And people weren't joking about that confusing time skipping. @ _@

Is anyone else having trouble getting it to run?

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
2. Out of context quote of the week: "Prepare the rabbit suppository....and release the bunnies."

Even in context, it's pure awesome.

And yes, the video didn't want to load for me. Five tries later, it was SO worth it.

jakko12345:
Love the System of a Down reference at the beginning

Ninja'd....damn.

Seriously though, if they didn't do it, I would've.

Unfortunately, it won't load for me.

The bit I laughed most at was the little caption underneath mentioning COD BLOPS. Sounds weird I know.

They wanted him to be cool like 'calm' but he to be cool like 'awesome'.

Also it took a long time to load for me as well, but eventually did. I assumed the video was gonna be huge.

I've refreshed twice and it still won't load, although LRR went through right away. I experienced the same problem with the Toy Soldiers review - I've tried loading it multiple times and it's never worked, but I had no problems with the reviews before it or Achron after it.

Maybe I'll try it in IE.

"Prepare the carrot suppository... AND RELEASE THE BUNNIES!!!"
That may be the line of the year for Unskippable.

And how did you guys think up of shortening the game's name to COD BLOPS?
I don't think even Yahtzee Croshaw could think up that one...

Should've done the one with the kowloon mission you put broken glass in a guys mouth one moment the next you're fighting along side one another.

gphjr14:
Should've done the one with the kowloon mission you put broken glass in a guys mouth one moment the next you're fighting along side one another.

*its not Dr.Clarke has many options he choose to fight then let Dragovich's men kill him

Twelve hours later, and the video still will not load for me. I'll just blame Cox, since they hate the Escapist.

mjc0961:
I especially loved this as I just recently played this game and boy was the story incredibly stupid. I was hoping for a comment about how that beer bottle Woods smashes in the face of that cop he stabs magically appears out of nowhere, but ah well. Still very funny seeing this stupid plot get ripped on.

Also, I can't blame Graham for wanting to get his balls shocked rather than play any more of that game. At least the single player part.

Too true. I have most of the trophies so I figured I'd pop through it quickly to nab the rest and the mind numbing idiocy of the story is making it difficult. It's just...fucking retarded. None of it makes any sense, it's dull and annoying when it's trying to be clever and acts like a two year old when it wants action. Whoever wrote it is a moron...

The bunnies made me lol pretty hard though...nasty.

geez what's with the guy who got a warning? wtf Escapist; he didn't say anything bad...

And after watching that I have decided I have 0 interest in playing that game.

The plot looks ridiculous lol.

Mydnyght:

And how did you guys think up of shortening the game's name to COD BLOPS?

Sorry to break this to you but everyone has called it that since release...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here