The Big Picture: Continanity: Rebooted

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Continanity: Rebooted

Comics don't really need a reboot, they need commercials.

Watch Video

I have to ask, what's up with the accent?

Edit: I now know what's up. Everyone can now move on.

Yeah, is this how you really speak and your 'TV' voice has waned?

How is his voice changing from the usual voice to another... different American accent. I can't name it.

MrMisfit:

It's his natural accent. He usually tends to tone it down for these things, but aye, I was thinking the same thing >.>

MrMisfit:

Beat me to it. I was hoping the thick Brooklyn would be explained in the post credits.

MrMisfit:

Yeah I was thinking that, it seems much more pronounced then usual.

Really good episode, even more since one of my friends who watches comic based cartoons and movies and yet refuses to read the comics due to "continuity confusion." Then I explained you can just go out and get "Blackest Night" etc. as, pretty much, self contained stories.

I had to go back and watch some of an old episode to see if it was always there, it's not.

So one accent is fake, which one?

But the crazy thing is, once i noticed, i couldn't unotice and the rest of the episode went right over my head.... need to rewatch

MrMisfit:

Queens(ish) accent. It's probably something, Bob expects us to figure out or otherwise just know. Yet, here we are...

nyeh what a cool episode yug!. seriously love the accent and i usually get my friends to help me find a good launching point if a comic interests me like green lantern rebirth.

I was waiting for him to shout "SHAM WOW!" the entire time.

MrMisfit:

Bob's from Boston, so he has a Boston accent. You usually don't hear it because he rehearses what he has to say to make sure it doesn't show, but sometimes, when he's really angry or frustrated with something, it starts slipping.

See his Oscar Nominations/The Dark Knight rant for 2009 to see what I mean.

Is it just me or does Bob have a thicker accent in this one?

bor3ds0ul:
How is his voice changing from the usual voice to another... different American accent. I can't name it.

He sounds like a post-game commentator for the Yankees.

Wondered when he was going to start talking about the 52. Good episode.

BTW, for those of you are are interesting in DC comics a bunch of stuff is being release TOMORROW including Batgirl, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Stormwatch and Grant Morrison's new Golden Age, champion of the oppressed take on Superman in Action Comics (among other things). Justice League came out last week and the best of the new #1s are going to be released over the next 3 weeks. And like said the whole thing is being release digitally, via Comixology.com mainly I think.

Moviebob said people always ask if they want to get into comics where do they start? Well folks, you start NOW!

I demand an explanation for the sudden voice change, did Bob just hit some sort of dialectical puberty?

Bob is rebooting The Big Picture.
He has now always used this accent.

I was planning to stop reading DC comics after I finish Brightest Day because of this reboot. Sorry DC comics executives.

Great episode/Boston accent Bob!

damn bob, really letting that bostonian accent out this week huh?

EDIT; for nay and all wondering in his very first video back in the escapist present archive, he talks says his boston accent really comes out when he's mad or emotional about something. It's a boston accent, thats where he lives, thats what it is.

CAPTCHA;

The voice changed threw me off abit.

But anyways, I never read comic books, but maybe ill give the reboot here a shot.

Oh, and the combination of Powergirls rack and the Simpson's comicbook guy smile caused me to fall over LMAO.

Gennadios:

MrMisfit:

Beat me to it. I was hoping the thick Brooklyn would be explained in the post credits.

Actually, I believe it's Bostonian, but methinks that this one may had been rushed in order to get it done before the US holiday weekend.

MB202:

Bob's from Boston, so he has a Boston accent. You usually don't hear it because he rehearses what he has to say to make sure it doesn't show, but sometimes, when he's really angry or frustrated with something, it starts slipping.

See his Oscar Nominations/The Dark Knight rant for 2009 to see what I mean.

My first guess was that it was a Jersey (Joisey?) accent, but then I remembered it's Boston where r's become aaahs.

Bab Chipmin, ya gat a point theyir. I gets ya mayn.

OT: I really do like this whole reboot idea, makes reading comics less intimidating (for want of a better word). I've always liked to be able to start reading the comics but always did feel a bit held back by backstory (even if there isn't any). But at the same time they should just cut old continuity, just have two going on at once. Although that would be very confusing.

So bob

Think you can do that Ms.Marvel episode you said you could do?

or why not trying talking about the good parts of the 90ths (in comic) ?

First: Accent Bob is awesome! :D

Second: Good show as always, I'm actually thinking of starting with the new DC reboot cos I've been meaning to get into comics for awhile now :)

good to hear your normal accent

Even though today's show had little interest for me - I'm not a superhero comics fan - I'm glad I saw it 'cos I love your accent, Bob! =D

Was that a boston accent? If so, it sounded werid to me.

Great ep, yet all people are gonna talk about is the accent. My theory: You are getting possessed by the AntiThinker, and this is the first tell.
OT
I agree with you on principle, yet I still think this reboot might be a good thing. 5 years of continuity explained over one year is still a lot more simple than 70 years explained over 70 years. And if you start everything at day 1, you'd have to either have all heroes be about the same age, or we'd have to wait for years to get the heroes who are supposed to be of the younger generations (like kid-flash). But, yeah, in essence, you are right, but I hop they take advantage of this and make some nice, simplified versions of classic stories and insert a few twists.

Main reason I stopped reading DC comics (or any tbh) was because I had to go off hunting for them. It's not easy to find any store that sells comics consistently and finding an actual comic store is the equivalent of looking for the holy grail.

But with them releasing the comics digitally at the same time, it just makes it so much easier to buy and keep up to date. And you don't need an ipad or tablet, just a pc or laptop.

I've gotten Justice League 1, the first of the new reboot, and it's definitely not bad.
Nothing shockingly different yet. And, even though I think Superman wearing armour is...weird, the lack of red undies isn't bad. The red "belt" tends to break up the suit like the red undies used to do so it's fine.

Btw, I got it at comixology.com if anyone was wondering.

Is Meowth voicing this episode?

Joking aside, you're absolutely right. And I love the accent. :)

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w/31138-ultimatum-5

MovieBob and Linkara should talk more.

I don't so much have a problem with the accent as I have a problem with using it intermittently. Especially in an episode about continuity. Was that just for irony's sake?

It's official, next week's episode will be about accents.

You are trolling with that accent, sir.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or