Name Game: Putting the Bash in Bastion

Putting the Bash in Bastion

Someone should teach these children some manners.

Read Full Article

"By the way if you haven't played Bastion yet: Play Bastion", truer words have never been spoken in this comic. Seriously everyone, its an amazing game.

That is the single most adorable incarnation of Link I have ever seen. Must have poster or T-shirt of Grumpy Link!

I'd buy it...but...

This fall is too damn crowded and I need $150 for Skyrim's CE.

I'll get Bastion when it is XBL's Deal of the Week.

I went into Bastion expecting a quick, above average brawler type game. I came out a different person. On my 3rd play through... I play it just to hear the narrators voice now.

Who needs hammers when you have raw throwing skills?
plus, that's another game I plan to buy...eventually :P

Everything I hear about Bastion sounds incredible. I've got to get on that, and soon.

I played Bastion last night. I ended up really sore - I think it's the game that tenses me most. It could be the proving grounds. I really want the first prize on them.

"Kid sees somethin stranger still"

There really needs to be more fanart of this game. Also, don't mean to be prideful or nuthin, but since it's here I might as well show a little fan crossover I made as well.
Past few weeks have been nuthin but Bastion and ponies for me. I need something else to get obsessed over.

Kid vs Link, wheeeeeeeeeeee

Awesome work, yet again, Lee Lee. No need for excuses when you're playing Bastion! Awesome game indeed.

You know, there is nothing wrong with some different art. Your usual stuff works for the kind of things this comic normally does, but it's also fairly limited. I certainly wouldn't mind you incorporating the kind of art on your blog into Name Game.

Also, yay Bastion.

I think I'll wait for a low-price sale for Bastion, thank you very much. I didn't go for LIMBO until it was 50% off, and there may be other nice ways for me to use my MSP.

Xman490:
I think I'll wait for a low-price sale for Bastion, thank you very much. I didn't go for LIMBO until it was 50% off, and there may be other nice ways for me to use my MSP.

Fair enough, though unlike Limbo Bastion is roughly 8~ hours long and with a new-mode plus (not sure if it's actually changes anything other than letting you use all the weapons with upgrades, but I guess that's why you have the shrine that lets you set your own difficulties. Supposedly if you enable all 10 "gods" it will be nigh unbeatable :D)

Fuck yo pots

Mmmmm... Bastion.

Mmmmm... Windwaker.

I'm gonna go do some multi-gaming now.

Link should have went and got his hammer

Oh, im sorry, this is windwaker, let me go get the appropriate hammer then.

Grumpy Link FTW! Great job with the expressions on this one.

Bahaha! This is so cute!! :D

'Kid sees some little green elf man, smashin' pots like there's no tomorrow. Kid asks him to come back to the Bastion, maybe help him out on his journeys. The little fella just growls and makes a squealin' noise, before taking out some flute-thang. He plays it, and disappears like a flash.'

way too many awesome games 2011...but Bastion is definitely on my list! eventually...

I'll get it when its half its price now on steam.

Also, put grumpy link on a t-shirt, thats just too cute.

'The kid sees something he never saw before, a little elf boy holding a pot, and a small light bulb following in his tracks. The kid stood blankly at him as he threw pots all around, collecting gems inside. Kid ain't one for talking, and decides to leave this strange boy alone. Hell, he was as green as envy, doubt he would be any use.

I swear that almost looks like a forever alone face on Link. Poor guy.

RejjeN:
Fair enough, though unlike Limbo Bastion is roughly 8~ hours long and with a new-mode plus (not sure if it's actually changes anything other than letting you use all the weapons with upgrades, but I guess that's why you have the shrine that lets you set your own difficulties. Supposedly if you enable all 10 "gods" it will be nigh unbeatable :D)

New game plus lets you keep everything you had from the end of the first game (minus the buildings - have to re-add them again, but the stuff they had in them is there when they get back), and it also adds a few new weapon skills, the last remaining difficulty idols, a couple of memorials, a secret item, and probably a couple of other little things I'm not remembering. Oh, the narration changes slightly in one or two places.

Honestly the only frown points I had for this game were as follows:

-Isometric movement kinda funky on keyboard (you get used to it, and they patched in a fix).

-Hit detection sometimes a bit wonky with melee weapons, mainly the hammer.

-Not much to do with it after playing through twice.

That last one is the only one that makes me sad. Seriously, if there were more to play in that game I'd still be playing it. As it is, I think I went through the full content in about 18 hours and was left wanting moar.

Great game. Especially loved the customizable difficulty settings. Best way to add challenge to a game on a personalized level I can recall having seen anywhere. I wish more games had something like that so turning it up from Hard to Chaos didn't just mean "All enemies have seemingly infinite health and kill you in two hits now." Let me make them faster and more aggressive without having them also become unkillable or hit like trucks!

Grabbed the soundtrack edition at full price. No regrets. (Did I mention the music's pretty great?)

I wish I could. I'll buy a gift card and do it that way. I don't trust XBLA with my mom's credit card.

Lady knows what she's talking about. Lady knows that the Bastion is where its at. Fact I have a theory she's playing it right as we speak...

On topic excellent comic, that game is indeed amazing and that narrators voice is pure sex on the ears.

Kid's got good manners. He just never uses them.

Saw your tweet by Supergiant Games. Congrats on the notoriety. Your comic is great and it deserves all the attention it can get.

Now I got the "I'm coming home" song stuck in my head. Again. Confound this game, it drove me to purchase the soundtrack.

So I just read this comic for the first time since its debut on the Escapist, and I have to say, your art has gotten really good.

Also Bastion is now a close second to Braid for my personal best game ever.

Now the kid sees somethin' stranger still.

Lost In The Void:
On topic excellent comic, that game is indeed amazing and that narrators voice is pure sex on the ears.

True. His narration is the frosty icing on the many layered cake that is Bastion.

Speaking of Cake I'm just going to put this right here:

thenumberthirteen:

Lost In The Void:

True. His narration is the frosty icing on the many layered cake that is Bastion.

Speaking of Cake I'm just going to put this right here:

yay!! I was mystified as how the Portalsphere had missed posting about that on the escapist. I laughed. Love the narrator. Best. Voice. Ever.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here