Goodbye is Still Goodbye

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Goodbye is Still Goodbye

After five years, six Webby Awards, two Streamy nominations, a G.A.N.G. Award nomination, two dozen video series, over 1,000 written articles, hundreds of millions of page views, quadruple digit percentage traffic growth and a Time Magazine "50 Best Websites" mention, I have decided that it is time for me to move on to new adventures.

Read Full Article

Sad news.
Although change is inevitable, I personally, have never had any issues with anything that has happened and will be sorry to see you go.
Also, it might be because we have the same first name.

Just to add, signing off with a fingergun? That is classy.

And as Terry Pratchett said,
"Goodbye.... it's such an unpleasant word isn't it?"
"Quite so." Death grinned.
"I prefer Au Revoir" he said

Sorry to see you go, o boss of me....

All the best, Russ. You'll be missed!

Have fun on your other adventures then.

Thank you for all you have done. You have made a great impact on this site, and you will be missed by many. Happy trails.

Good luck in future endeavors Russ.

/salute

You shall be missed.
Best of luck in whatever endeavor the future throws at you.

So long, good luck and best wishes, all that. Whatever you do, I wager you'll do it well.

Sad to see you leave, while I realise that your leaving this place officially. It would be nice to see you post on here and still visit as one of us nobodies :). Well I wish you luck in what ever the future brings you.

b'ah double post

Blessings on your path Russ, as an avid reader I thank you for the work you and your team have put into this magazine, before the escapist I could only ever get the bare minimum of info, usually after games came out. This site however changes that, and I'll never forget the impact that had on me. Thank your Russ, and may your future be as bright as the magazine is while I read it's articles at 3 in the morning.

Best of luck to you.

I salute you sir.

I'm going to miss hearing you say 'This is Russ Pitts, Editor-In-Chief of The Escapist' in your video reviews.

This makes me a sad panda.

It's sad to hear the head of the magazine is stepping down, but no one ever stays with the same job forever. I hope your next job or jobs after that are something you will enjoy like the most of the 5 years you spent here on the escapist. Good luck, and good bye, Russ, and thank you for bearing the responsibility of this wonderful magazine. Who ever is your replacement has some mighty big shoes to fill.

Looks like 'tis goodbye then, fella. All the best for your new adventures - and remember to try and keep your finger on the last page just in case!

So long, bossman. Good luck on your new adventures through time and space!

Any ideas where you'll end up? Still involved in gaming, or branching off to something else?

:( it's a shame you had to go, amidst all the crises and controversy. Your contributions to this site helped keep it alive and on the top for so many years. Thanks man, and best wishes to the future.

I may not have been here since the beginning of your reign, but I've been here long enough to have seen some of the bigger changes.
Cheers Russ, and good luck on everything life throws at you; may you conquer those challenges as greatly as you have here.

Goodbye Russ. Enjoyed your video-reviews.

I think this summarizes my feelings quite well:

So long sir, we thank you for all the work and wish you nothing but the best. You shall be missed.

See you next time, Space Cowboy.

Aw that's so sad :(
I have full confidence that Steve Butts will be an excellent replacement and I hope that you'll be very happy in your future endeavours, Mr. Pitts. But still, it's always sad when someone leaves. You'll stop by though, right?

I wish you the best in whatever the future may hold for you. You have been a great contributor to this site, and you'll do great where ever you go next, I'm sure. A great article and as listed in the OP, it was quite a run.

/tips hat. May fortune favor you, and may the games you play always be awesome.

Russ no! Noooooooooooooooooo!

Well, bugger. Enjoy whatever it is you're gonna do with your life now, and if it involves nature, try to avoid meeting any more bears.

Goodbye and good luck.

*tip of the hat*

Well, Mr Kane-lookalike, it's been a good few years. I've been a member for three years now, so you were already here when I turned up, but it's been great, and over that time the changes I've seen this site go through (most, though admittedly not all, for the better) have really made it worthwhile. It's been brilliant having you as editor-in-chief, and I wish you all the best of luck in whatever you decide to do now. Hopefully you'll stop by, maybe hang around the forums on occasion, but even if you don't, you'll be remembered fondly by the community as well as the staff. So, for that, may I return your fingergun, and say "Hasta La Vista" to you, good sir :).

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

Later man. It's been fun. :D

/Salute.

Best of wishes and good luck, dear sir!

See you space cowboy.

Bang.

I might not have been here from the beginning but I too have been here for three fun packed years with you as the Editor-In-Chief of the Escapist and it'll be sad to see you go. As leader of the Cult of Skaro I salute you good sir, godspeed with everything you do.

Well played, sir. It's been fun.

Good luck towards the future!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook