Miracle of Sound: The Dead Don't Shuffle (Left 4 Dead)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Dead Don't Shuffle (Left 4 Dead)

There are no shuffling slow zombies here.

Watch Video

I think you must be blessed with some kind of gene that allows you to make anything music related awesome!

Definitely of my favorite ones. So damn catchy.

Plus, I really, really like both of the games, so thanks for paying them a little tribute. I know you don't like them too much, so it's much appreciated.

Poor Bill...

*wipes away manly tears*

Anyway, great song, as always) I've been jumping up and and down with excitment for the last few days as I was waiting for wednesday to buy "Normandy". And what do I get? Not only a new song but an album too! Ordered it. Take my money, Gavin, you earned it big time. I was also kind of surprised that the CD cost only 10 dollars. I would have given 30 easily)

this is a great song i don't know what band this song it reminds me of but it has a great hook and i will be singing it all day

MiracleOfSound:
The Dead Don't Shuffle (Left 4 Dead)

There are no shuffling slow zombies here.

Watch Video

I was kinda hoping at some point you'd do one for a horror game like this or the Silent Hill or Resident evil with something that's a bit slower in terms of pace.

OT: Frakking awesome once again Sound, now the sucky waiting part begins. I love the album work on your last song though, really stands out! :D

At work I've shown a fellow gamer co-worker your music and his words were "This cat know's how to play!" and was amazed by the range you have.

Awesome song, Gav! Now, off to buy some of your CDs. It's going to be awesome to play these in the car!

It's like there's a class for creating catch music and you're the teacher. I think you're one of the few artists who I don't think has any bad songs.

Or in other words, I'm off to buy your album.

Great song as always, but what if the zombies DID in fact shuffle (dancing shuffle not walking shuffle)? Add some upbeat music and maybe reword the lyrics and we have a brand new club beat for all the necromancy night clubs!

Great music (instrumentally) as usual but also as usual terrible lyrics and what's fast becoming boring vocals.

Best Video Response to LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" Video, featuring a guy who looks suspiciously like Louis.

Nice one, tho not exactly what I would have wanted. Not sure what i want, but i can see that you create good stuff nonetheless :D
Anyways, i love the L4D series, awesome games, damn fun. Unless you meet some trolls when playing... then it all goes to hell in a hand-basket.

"Cause the dead. Don't. Sham. Ble. They RUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!"

Fucking love that chorus! Seriously dude, I don't how you make such top quality songs so often.

This song *almost* made me want to play left4Dead... and then I remembered why I stopped.
I'm now very sad.

Have I said I love you and that you're awesome lately?

Because you are.

Also, lol Cali.

Another great song and I really love the beat.

And you have successfully gained money from me since I'm buying your album.

Hooray for music about games!

And I'm totally going to pick up a CD from you at some point. Need some amazing music in my car and I feel I must support an awesome artist in the process.

Holy shit, that rocked hard! Great stuff!

Once I get money, the CD will be MINE!!

Great song, I loved it. Haven't played the game though, but the song is great.

So, Justin is going to take over the editing from Russ?

I'm just not sure about the video...
It feels like a random succession of game footage edited together with the song playing in the background. Heck, it might as well have been the review video with the talking replaced with the song.
I know it's pretty tricky editing video to music, I have done it myself in the past (making AMVs, Anime Music Videos).
I think it was pretty hard with this game since the videos from the game itself have a lot of cuts in them, so pacing the cuts to the music is already going to be difficult, but it can be done.
However this video does commit one of the cardinal sins of music video editing. Having people talking in it that isn't in sync with the lyrics of the song.
But I think this could be Justin's first time trying to make a video like this so that could be forgiven.

I just feel The Escapist needs a dedicated video editor to work on these songs, since in the past I have felt that several videos just didn't do justice to the great songs.

Every time I think you've outdone yourself your new video comes out and proves me wrong. STOP MAKING ME FEEL STUPID DAMN IT! But in all seriousness the song is just awesome, keep up the good work.

Mr Sound. If I ever see you here in Norway, I'm gonna buy you a drink. (Now I just have to hope your favorite isn't one of the expensive ones).

-V

Would you kindly explain how it's possible to release a new buttock-kicking song every frakkin' week?! Seriously dude, every week??? You got a time machine, or what?

For the record, I *just* got "Little Sister" out of my head, working on "Trip to Vegas" and "Normandy" and now another bloody song comes out. I have no thoughts of my own anymore, it's all computer game related songs now!

Would you kindly explain how it's possible to release a new buttock-kicking song every frakkin' week?! Seriously dude, every week??? You got a time machine, or what?

For the record, I *just* got "Little Sister" out of my head, working on "Trip to Vegas" and "Normandy" and now another bloody song comes out. I have no thoughts of my own anymore, it's all computer game related songs now!

DAMN YOU
My good computer is broken at the moment, and I don't have a 360.
I loved that line when all the other instruments turned down and it was just the vocals, and the slower part of the song felt like a nice break, just like the safe houses.
Of course, the song almost always fits the game.

Vornek:
Mr Sound. If I ever see you here in Norway, I'm gonna buy you a drink. (Now I just have to hope your favorite isn't one of the expensive ones).

-V

Agreed. But he might have deserved one here.
How many people wanted to say "We only crossed the street" at the end of that?

Redlin5:
AGREED
And I'm totally going to pick up a CD from you at some point. Need some amazing music in my car and I feel I must support an awesome artist in the process.

I already have the itunes singles, but I'll still end up grabbing the CD. That's a steal at ten bucks, and it'll be nice to play the songs anywhere.

colostomizer:

Please say that was intentional. Please.
It's MoS's plan. He really is just Soundwave in disguise He will take over your mind with music so you can't fight off the invasion. But at least you'll be humming a cathcy tune as you work for the musically talented robot overlords

Vornek:

-V

I'll have a lager :)

F-I-D-O:

It's MoS's plan. He really is just Soundwave in disguise He will take over your mind with music so you can't fight off the invasion. But at least you'll be humming a cathcy tune as you work for the musically talented robot overlords

Megatron. Soundwave reporting.

Humans have uncovered masterplan. Request permission to terminate...

[fzzzzzzzzz]

Acknowledged.

Ravage... eject.

F-I-D-O:

I already have the itunes singles, but I'll still end up grabbing the CD. That's a steal at ten bucks, and it'll be nice to play the songs anywhere.

Incredible Bullshitting Man:

Once I get money, the CD will be MINE!!

Sparrow:

Or in other words, I'm off to buy your album.

purifico:
Not only a new song but an album too! Ordered it. Take my money, Gavin, you earned it big time. I was also kind of surprised that the CD cost only 10 dollars. I would have given 30 easily)

Glad to hear you're getting the album guys. Thanks for the support :)

JourneyThroughHell:

Plus, I really, really like both of the games, so thanks for paying them a little tribute. I know you don't like them too much, so it's much appreciated.

Y'know... sometimes, if I'm in the right mood, I'll enjoy em. They just... stress me out, hehe.

But you and a lot of others love it and I still think the game is good and deserves a song :)

colostomizer:

The answer is truthfully: good old fashioned hard work. I put in the hours to make the songs sound as good as I can for you guys.

Another really great song man seriously. I have a really hard time liking more than a few songs from any one artist and you are one of the very few that is the exception to that rule. I need to buy an Itunes card soon to just start buying your music. Its starting to get difficult to keep in mind the songs I like from you, I don't want to forget any.Should probably start writing them down. The video was also perfect along with it the way it was done.

it isnt loading....why isnt it LOADING???

well its probably good anyway (my favorite is the batman one)

The ad broke it.

Miracle of Sound is very hit and miss for me. They bounce between really tightly constructed interesting music to boring, predictable same old same old. I'm sorry to say it but this one belonged in the latter category for me.

The lyrics in Miracle of Sound are usually the weakest part of the songs for me and that held true here. They have a tendency to be a little too literal. Sometimes they sound a bit awkward and forced.

The melody in this case was really really predictable. As soon as I read the first line of the lyrics before the video started I then sang the next 4 before playing the song and I was about 90% right. I understand that you haven't got that much time to compose these songs but some more experimentation with the melody line would be interesting.

As for the backing, it was mostly alright. A bit cliched but alright. Again, experimentation with different rhythms and playing techniques would be great. This is something I really really liked about Rebecca Mayes. She experimented every week. Every new song was something different. Yeah, they didn't always work but it never stagnated.

Anyway, I don't mean to come off as being nasty if I am, I was just putting forth some constructive criticism.

This is my new theme song for getting pumped ready to play L4D2.

HHammond:

The lyrics in Miracle of Sound are usually the weakest part of the songs for me and that held true here. They have a tendency to be a little too literal. Sometimes they sound a bit awkward and forced.

You'd be amazed how many people complain that they are not literal enough and too 'metaphorical'. You really can't please everyone.

HHammond:

The melody in this case was really really predictable. As soon as I read the first line of the lyrics before the video started I then sang the next 4 before playing the song and I was about 90% right.

I'm all for constructive criticism but if you're trying to say you guessed the melody before you listened to the song then, well, I smell a big pile of BS and hyperbole.

HHammond:

As for the backing, it was mostly alright. A bit cliched but alright. Again, experimentation with different rhythms and playing techniques would be great. This is something I really really liked about Rebecca Mayes. She experimented every week. Every new song was something different. Yeah, they didn't always work but it never stagnated.

Listen to Sweet LA, then Necromorph Soup, then Santiago's Lament, then this song, then Little Sister then Trip To Vegas and then try to tell me even one of them sounds remotely similar in genre or style to any one of the others.

You don't like the music - that's totally cool with me. No probs.

But saying it doesn't try to be experiment and differentiate is, in my humble opinion... BS.

P.S. Don't mistake this for aggression or pissyness - I totally respect your opinions. I just disagree quite strongly with some of them. I don't usually respond to these kind of posts, but tonight I feel like it.

One of the most important things to learn in this life is which criticism to listen to, but even more important is learning which to ignore completely.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here