Jimquisition: The Dark Horses of 2011's Fall Lineup

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Dark Horses of 2011's Fall Lineup

With great power comes great responsibility, and Jim uses his Godly strength to cast light on some upcoming games that might be left on the dark. From Aliens to Hard Reset, Sterling takes a look at a few games that could really use your attention in the coming months.

Watch Video

That Aliens Game looks sick. Where is it getting a release?

As a Texan and an atheist i have but one thing to say.
Why the fucking FUCK would you willingly go to the bible belt. Are you a slayer sworn to die a heroic death? Are you insane? or do you just like feeling(and knowing you are) superior to every person within a 50 mile radius of your position at any given moment?

You suggest we buy a few more first person shooters? Because they might pass us by unnoticed?

Tired of guns in my games, give me something more, go and fetch Jim.

To bad I wont be gaming anytime till Christmas break.
Damn you higher education and your time stealing ways!
DAMN YOU!

You're an Atheist? that says "Thank God for me" in every episode ? go figure.

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:
As a Texan and an atheist i have but one thing to say.
Why the fucking FUCK would you willingly go to the bible belt. Are you a slayer sworn to die a heroic death? Are you insane? or do you just like feeling(and knowing you are) superior to every person within a 50 mile radius of your position at any given moment?

Maybe he's got a death wish. By the way, don't make any more posts today, you're 1337 at the moment

I tried the demo for Hard Reset a few days back. It was pretty unimpressive. The fights were all the same. I felt like I had seen everything the game had to offer within the first few minutes. Environments were rather pretty though.

Some of the others he mentioned looked cool though.

Zhukov:
I tried the demo for Hard Reset a few days back. It was pretty unimpressive.

Indeed.

I haven't played the demo, but the game just looks so generic. I have heard people compare it to Doom and Painkiller, but the comparison doesn't make sense to me.

The idea of fighting only robots also sounds very boring.

Hard Reset looks really good, too bad the demo chugs on my machine.

The "bump-bomp" at 6:00 had me checking to see if something had become detatched from my computer.

The "Aliens" title looks like a promising throwback to side-scrolling shooters of old; perhaps I'll give it a look.

I say old chap:
You suggest we buy a few more first person shooters? Because they might pass us by unnoticed?

Tired of guns in my games, give me something more, go and fetch Jim.

People still like games where you shoot a thing at a thing with a thing. I don't care for it myself but those are the games that are coming out. Just gonna have to do research for those game that aren't popular.

I'm so excited for the aliens game, it should be enough to keep my cravings down until it hits consoles with Colonial Marines.
Then I shall play on both consoles at once and become the ultimate being, well apart from Jim of course.

Neat, I've been missing some purely sci-fi zap zappies of late. This episode is just what I've been hoping for lately: some well-researched ideas on what games to try out that can sate me until Saints Row the Third comes out.

Hardcore_gamer:

Zhukov:
I tried the demo for Hard Reset a few days back. It was pretty unimpressive.

Indeed.

I haven't played the demo, but the game just looks so generic. I have heard people compare it to Doom and Painkiller, but the comparison doesn't make sense to me.

The idea of fighting only robots also sounds very boring.

I think people are exited for it because it looks like it focuses more on fast paced fun than realism like a lot of modern FPSs.
Why do you think fighting robots would be boring? Because they're not alive or because they'd lack variaty, because from the demo I've seen they come in all shapes and sizes.

Scivelation looks sort of interesting, I'll keep an eye on that. Oh, and the new Serious Sam, too.
The rest... not so much.

Also, regarding your chosen place of residence, you're either supremely courageous or insane.

That Cursed Crusade game looks quite cool, can't believe I haven't seen anything about it. Might check that out.

Cursed Crusade looked good but Scivelation looked awesome. I'll have to keep an eye on it and hope it delivers.

So... the only game I am interested in is SS:BFE but I was always interested on that game.

The first game isnt going to get much love because of Dark Souls, simple as that.
The DS games are probably known among DS users.
The other game doesnt have a lot to show, and Hard Reset is quind of mediocre.

None of this games are gems, and the ones that are called big boys have the reasons to be called big boys.

Either way most of these games have been talked about

Serious Sam 3 is going to be one hell of a game. It should have a broader audience then it has. it's just a big barrel of fun.

Every game looks intresting, SS3 is gonna be a must buy, maybe hard reset too but there is a fuck ton of good games comming out atm, and I have a big enough backlog as it is.

Anyway its good to see some of these smaller games getting some limelight

Glad to hear you give Hard Reset some recognition, Jim. It looks like an absolute blast... definitely looking forward to playing it tomorrow!

You've always got to support the indies too... it's a damn shame that there are so many people on this thread who are bashing Hard Reset. Ironic that a website that wants "games to be art" aren't willing to support the scene that wants to make it happen, eh? Go buy it... as Jim said, you have to look out for the little people.

Ignoring the self-promoting filler, I enjoyed this episode. I've been looking at Scivelation and Hard Reset for a while now and it's good to see those mentioned. I didn't know another Serious Sam was in the works. Thanks.

Hmm...I'll keep an eye on Scivelation. As a Christian who tends to not like other Christians, it looks like the kind of story I can get into. As long as the gameplay holds up, that is. And I had no clue Atlus was involved with Cursed Crusade. That alone makes it worthy of attention.

Respect your opinion but not your person. I was thinking of saying something about you looking like Kirby but you beat me to it.

I tought that if you mentioned KOF XIII i would be upset for calling it undestimated but now I'm upset that you didn't mentioned it.

Jimquisition is one of the least popular shows on the Escapist. Huh.

I got my own little list of invertebrates that will be crawling out this last quarter.

And remember, pirates, rob people, not game companies.

Shameless:
You're an Atheist? that says "Thank God for me" in every episode ? go figure.

He's quite obviously taking the piss whenever he says that.

OT: That scivelation looks pretty interesting, hadn't heard of it before now.

And I played the Hard Reset demo. It had a few good concepts, but was overall underwhelming.

Thanks for the heads up on The Cursed Crusade. I'm all about split-screen co-op action.

already pre-ordered serious sam 3 and hard reset few days ago. scivelation looks interesting but doesnt look like its available for the pc. yet.

Scivelation sounds pretty damn interesting and due to being an Alien fan, Aliens Infestation looks pretty sweet too. Also Kirby.

The rest? Meh.

ZeppMan217:
Jimquisition is one of the least popular shows on the Escapist. Huh.

That's probably because the first few episodes were quite bad. I've only recently started watching again, and was very nicely surprised when they were actually pretty good.

Most of them games suck, just FPS, and there is more than enough of those out. That Aliens game was interesting, but as long as its cheap and download, then im not gonna bother. But it looks more like a phone game i think. Scivelation looks interesting. I rather spend my money on more interesting titles like Batman AC, Saints Row, Forza 4, AC and Skyrim. A nice variety of gaming.

Awesome vid as usual Jim. Aliens looks like a reason to buy a 3ds but I'm waiting for V2 which is inevitable given Ninty's track record.

Also I'm not sure my PC can handle hard reset. I have to turn all the settings down on Borderlands to keep it from melting.

If not for randomly clicking on some kids site for info on Henry Hatsworth. I would have never known Kirby had another DS game. Way to promote Nintendo.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here