Trailers: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Demo Part 3

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Demo Part 3

The world of Skyrim looks and feels real in part three of this three part demo.

Watch Video

Oooh pretty colours. Yeah, I'm definitely banning myself from playing this till after my exams. There is no way I am going to be playing anything/doing much else till this has been well and truly played, which from experience with Bethesda games means a very, very long time.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to wait till the GOTY, but then I see stuff like this.

I really hope they fix the animation of the giant when grabbed by the dragon... it's clearly just switching constraints and freezing the anim... at least let the ragdoll kick in as soon as the claws of the dragon make contact... otherwise it looks broken.

also, I hope they fix enemy AI looking totally unfased when a guy next to them gets an arrow in the face... they should go into AI alert mode and run for cover, or at least turn around and crouch and look around for the source of the enemy arrow...

wish they had better anim blending tech at bethesda... assasins creed and bf3 really excel on that front.

still, I will buy the game on the first day anyway.

I'm honestly a little disappointed.
This is the exact same vid that was leaked back at E3. Peter Hines confirmed this was a Late Alpha build, so we have no idea how much of what's in the video has been fixed/cut/etc.

I was hoping when they finally released a walkthrough demo that it would be off the latest build.

So much for that.

Is it just me, or did he have waaaaay to much health.

Druss the Legend:
Is it just me, or did he have waaaaay to much health.

For testing purposes, i'm sure.

I actually saw these on Gamespot a coupla days ago. I really loved the running commentary by Todd Howard. The man is a God, and he knows what he's talking about (And he sort of looks like Seth Green). It shows that there is going to be an air of quality about this game that wasn't quite there in Oblivion.

WHY IS IT NOT NOVEMBER YEEEET?!

TieInterceptor:
I really hope they fix the animation of the giant when grabbed by the dragon... it's clearly just switching constraints and freezing the anim... at least let the ragdoll kick in as soon as the claws of the dragon make contact... otherwise it looks broken.

also, I hope they fix enemy AI looking totally unfased when a guy next to them gets an arrow in the face... they should go into AI alert mode and run for cover, or at least turn around and crouch and look around for the source of the enemy arrow...

wish they had better anim blending tech at bethesda... assasins creed and bf3 really excel on that front.

still, I will buy the game on the first day anyway.

Some concerns to add to this.

I'm seeing a distinct lack of parrying unless you have a shield. The guy fighting in this vid is just trading blows with monsters. It doesn't seem like striking your foes causes them to stagger either. He shoots a fireball at a skeleton, causing an explosion and setting it on fire and it doesn't miss a beat. That's not a good comabat system.

Also how is this a new engine? It looks identical to Fallout 3, both in the physics and the way the world is rendered. Even has the same clipping issues (watch the part with the horse). I'm not even sure there's much of a graphical improvement beyond the snow storm (that did look good I must admit). I wonder if they really did create a new engine or just change the old one's name for legal reasons.

I'm guessing the dragons will work similer to the Oblivion Gates in that they spawn in set locations, but I hope killing the dragons will remove them for good. It was a pain in the arse closing an Ob=Gate only for it to pop back up after a few days had passed. Sometimes you're just passing through and been pestered by dragons all the time is going to get old.

Looks pretty damn awesome considering it's a late Alpha build. Nice to see that Jeremy Soule is still pumping out some beautiful scores too.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here