Critical Miss: Sexism and/or Racism

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Sexism and/or Racism

Keep calm and carry on.

Read Full Article

I wholly support forum ques.

But where'd it come from this time?

Magnificent!

"Thank you internet citizen for waiting patiently to express your viewpoint. Now please proceed calmly to the viewing platform of Thunderdome 66 to witness ensuing conflict resolution.

Have a nice day."

Mark D. Stroyer:

Possibly the "joke" someone put in a piece of Dead Island coding, calling a female character a feminist whore in code for a skill that would do extra damage against male zombies.

Whew, I was about to throw myself out a window. Thanks Erin!

For some reason when I first saw the title of the piece I thought it was the LESBIANS title all over again, shocking title trying to spark interest. Then I remembered the Dead Island thing and realized it was probably based on that. Then I finally realized how flash-in-the-pan I thought the entire Dead Island issue was when it's no longer on my mind untill I force myself to remember it.

Hilarious as always. Im glad I am not the only one who thought that the people complaining about sexist/racist things in video games often act worse.

I should have seen this one coming, considering your twitter feed recently. I very much appreciate the sentiment of this one.

I love those people. "That game isn't sexist! -Insert large generalization about women-."

It's actually quite annoying. When there's a valid point there about how something ISN'T actually sexist/racist/petist/treeist and your local petulant douchebag agrees with you and says they should go back to the kitchen/their own country/the vet/the match-maker.

Can we just have an -ist for lame idea big mouths?

(That doesn't include me, of course)

I love how this comes out as the same time Mock The Week gets accused of Sexism.

It applies to more then games.

Agent Larkin:
I love how this comes out as the same time Mock The Week gets accused of Sexism.

I'm a big mock the week fan. Though being here in the colonies I'm way behind, what happened?

Grey Carter:

Agent Larkin:

I'm a big mock the week fan. Though being here in the colonies I'm way behind, what happened?

Nothing new, most female stand ups say its sexist. That's all, its been going on a while. I must say, I do find if funny but it does stray into blokes in pubs territory a little too often.

albino boo:

Grey Carter:

Agent Larkin:

Nothing new, most female stand ups say its sexist. That's all, its been going on a while. I must say, I do find if funny but it does stray into blokes in pubs territory a little too often.

I'm tempted to agree. Some of the gay jokes n the earlier seasons were a little thoughtless. On the other hand, some of them were funny and Frankie Boyle has said far worse. That Diana joke, holy shit.

Grey Carter:
That Diana joke, holy shit.

Or the Hammond joke.

Thing was, QI actually addressed this...

And haven't Lucy Porter, Fiona Allen, Jo Brand, Jo Caulfield, Lauren Laverne, Shappi Khorsandi been on?

Sarah Millican and Andi Osho are often on, and they're fantastic.

On the subject of Jo Brand

Jo Brand:
'What's the way to a man's heart? Straight through the chest with a kitchen knife!'

Yeah...I can see even Frankie getting booed off for gender-reversing that.

Grey Carter:

Agent Larkin:

I was going to answer but the people above already have. It's just this week the row surfaced again. First I noticed was the outpouring of support on twitter.

Also if you want to keep up to date I advise you to 100% not follow this link to a very useful youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mrmoody

Loved the boobs on the man in the last panel.

Grey Carter:

albino boo:

Grey Carter:

I'm tempted to agree. Some of the gay jokes n the earlier seasons were a little thoughtless. On the other hand, some of them were funny and Frankie Boyle has said far worse. That Diana joke, holy shit.

And that's why Frankie Boyle is my favourite comedian :P
I've watched a lot of MTW, and they have had a lot of female comedians there, the reason they haven't returned much is cuz maybe only one has been funny...

The_root_of_all_evil:

That was hilarious, thank you for that.

I normally just quote "Stirring the Shit pot" and move on.
Mostly because the instant something gets slapped with racism/sexism/ect-ism the discussion value of the topic immediately plummets to zero and who are involved are simply wasting their breath (or bits).

Critical Miss, you've never disappointed me yet.

Vault Citizen:

Mark D. Stroyer:

Possibly the "joke" someone put in a piece of Dead Island coding, calling a female character a feminist whore in code for a skill that would do extra damage against male zombies.

Could be because dead island seems to blame back people for zombies. The story line leaves it open to a few possibilities but there are collectable facts that are pretty unanimous in who they blame.

The_root_of_all_evil:
It's actually quite annoying. When there's a valid point there about how something ISN'T actually sexist/racist/petist/treeist and your local petulant douchebag agrees with you and says they should go back to the kitchen/their own country/the vet/the match-maker.

Can we just have an -ist for lame idea big mouths?

(That doesn't include me, of course)

Thats the term for it. People Who Act Like You But Do Not Include You Because You Don't Want To Think Of Yourself That Way. Or PWALYBDNIYBYDWTTOYTTies

"And i find your stereotyping of the gamer as someone who genuinely was against <your viewpoint> indicative of the female attitude towards gamers, particularly male."

"That's a no sex attitude if i EVER saw one."

"And by that I mean you're right as always, honey, <this issue> is very, very important and you're right to be upset. You're beautiful. How did i score a fox like you? God must have blessed me like moses 'cuz..."

Between women having egos just like normal human beings, as well as being the sexual selectors of the species (at least until something happens to make the pursuing equal amongst genders), tell me, why should a woman want to have sex with a man who offends her, even if he doesn't mean to or is being completely rational?

The_root_of_all_evil:

Grey Carter:
That Diana joke, holy shit.

Or the Hammond joke.

Thing was, QI actually addressed this...

And haven't Lucy Porter, Fiona Allen, Jo Brand, Jo Caulfield, Lauren Laverne, Shappi Khorsandi been on?

Sarah Millican and Andi Osho are often on, and they're fantastic.

On the subject of Jo Brand

Jo Brand:
'What's the way to a man's heart? Straight through the chest with a kitchen knife!'

Yeah...I can see even Frankie getting booed off for gender-reversing that.

Wow, that was great xD

Great comic as always

If you would like to explain why you find said issue to be "indicative of the gaming industry's dismissive attitude towards women" as to help me decide whether or not you are a stupid whore.

A call for reason and self examination on the internet wrapped up in an easily digestible comic strip format. Bravo.

mcnally86:

Vault Citizen:

Mark D. Stroyer:

Could be because dead island seems to blame back people for zombies. The story line leaves it open to a few possibilities but there are collectable facts that are pretty unanimous in who they blame.

What, really? This is the first I've heard of it. Please tell me how this happens.

Iron Lightning:

mcnally86:

Vault Citizen:

What, really? This is the first I've heard of it. Please tell me how this happens.

Damn you to hell!

Racism. Sexism... I don't see the problem. If everyone just got over themselves and developed a sense of humor this world could actually be kinda cool.

Oh my god! He just said fag! Quick, fetch me my sword of righteousness!

What?! He called that woman a female? Why would he do something so evil! Another must burn!

That's what everyone sounds like. Not kidding. Fucking losers.

And the comic was hilarious. Just in case you were wondering.

jawakiller:
Damn you to hell!

Racism. Sexism... I don't see the problem. If everyone just got over themselves and developed a sense of humor this world could actually be kinda cool.

Oh my god! He just said fag! Quick, fetch me my sword of righteousness!

What?! He called that woman a female? Why would he do something so evil! Another must burn!

That's what everyone sounds like. Not kidding. Fucking losers.

And the comic was hilarious. Just in case you were wondering.

Seriously don't smite people because they use a term you get butthurt about when they aren't trying to bother you. You smite them for being lying, cheating, sadistic assholes.

Remember only you can prevent improper smiting.

I'd be more inclined to take things seriously if it wasn't basically "insulting white guys isn't so bad but insulting a woman or a minority is evidence of systemic racism and means we're one step away from another Kristallnacht."

In a society trying to go towards true equality, identity politics has no place.

I wholeheartedly believe that the Dead Island thing was one of the biggest mountain out of a Mole-hill Scenarios I've ever seen. I like the perspective in this comic.

This is basically just a more sarcastic version of Grey's twitter feed.

Everyone must follow it.

Back in the day, when only a few people had dial-up connections, you could read a discussion on the nets that wasn't that horrible. But it still wasn't magazine edited quality. Now that everyone has a broadband, wi-fi, and 3G connection, the internet is riffled with inane crap spout from the simple minds of the "lay-man". I blame social networking for this!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here