Trailers: Dragon's Dogma - TGS Trailer

Dragon's Dogma - TGS Trailer

Who knew that dragons were dogmatic.

Watch Video

Sounds like disney helped with the sound track.... it simply does not fit, for me anyhow.

Bogus. They can't even find any non-shitty camera angles for the frikkin' trailer. I'll pass.

It looks like a generic fantasy hack n' slash. A pretty one, but I'll have to pass.

I only have room for one of those, and it sure as hell isn't this one. Know what I'm saying?

Huh... This looks like it could be really good.

Looks like most of the characters and the dialogoue are suffering the usual Capcom treatment, but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much here. Might have something to do with all the awesome monsters you get to fight.
I'm very much looking forward to this one. :)

Dragon age meets Shadow of the colossus, I'm not complaining :)

Looks pretty cool. But I thought this game was a Kinect title. What the hell am I think of if it's not this game? Also did anyone else spot the red Tingle halfway through the trailer?

I'm seeing some horrendous bugs. A good idea with bad implementation perhaps.

And if i'm not mistaken they said that the main character's heart has been replaced with a dragon's. And the last dragon was the one who traded hearts... i've seen this movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonheart

Man, I hate seeing trailers like this. It has all the earmarks of a really bad game, especially the lame music where the first words are the title of the game (shudder). But I'm so desperately looking for a good old hack'n'slash to play with my friends, I'll probably get it anyway and be disappointed. Like Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

Sonicron:
Looks like most of the characters and the dialogoue are suffering the usual Capcom treatment, but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much here. Might have something to do with all the awesome monsters you get to fight.

Hehe, that's actually why I play capcom games!

I see them as [genre]-comedies, and I just love 'em.

This sure doesn't look like Witcher 2. Then again few games do.
I don't know...that trailer didn't do much of anything for me. It didn't have a speck of originality, variety or even any particularly interesting set pieces. The big red dragon looked like it torn straight out of a D&D movie, right down to the voice acting. Actually, yeah, that's it. This game reminds me of that hilariously awful D&D movie I saw a decade ago! Why can't people leave that IP alone?

Irridium:

Sonicron:

Hehe, that's actually why I play capcom games!

I see them as [genre]-comedies, and I just love 'em.

Heh. That's actually not a bad way of looking at it.
Considering the type of games they seem to specialize in, they could use that "You can't spell slaughter without laughter" joke as a company tagline. :D

Female warriors... without.... Chainmail bikini's?

BLASPHEMY!!

Jokes aside, this looks pretty interesting. I hope the story is good and it's a bit more RPG'ish than it looked here. Like an action-rpg, instead of a pure one or the other.

It looks... ok.

It doesn't looks like it's going to be a bad game, but it does by no means look like it'll be particularily good either.

I'll pass.

Eh, Looks ok with a few interesting things.

But the combat and the camera angles looks like they would get on my nerves after a while.

This is one I'm going to be keeping an eye on. The combat with large creatures, including climbing on them, has the potential to be really cool, especially if paired with good rpg mechanics. And when it comes to story, well, it's a fantasy game and I've learned to over look the horrendous and derivative stories which dominate the market. It does however need a lot of work on the characters (they look like something out of the very earliest 360 games) and the camera angles.

Also, enough with the"I'll pass" comments. You're disregarding a game that won't come out for another six months on the weakness of a single trailer. When it's out and you can actually honestly say that it was bad or not for you, then you can say that; but right now you just look like judgmental dicks.

I'm at that odd point between interest and disinterest, saw a lot of interesting things and a lot of things I don't think I would like. Not going to write it off just yet though.

On one hand, dragons. YAY \o/
But on the other hand, frame freezes in a trailer? WTF?

EDIT-
Having googled the game, it seems even more generic than trailer led me to believe, wich i find rather impressive in itself.

Was this built out of recycled storyboards from other games. Sheesh!
On the other hand, epic action. I'm torn

Wow people are downing this for a lot. People don't even know whether or not the character development is any good, nor whether or not the gameplay is actually fun. Nor how linear vs open this game is, nor, much of anything for that matter. And really? cutting down on the game because its dragon looks like a DnD dragon? Is that a reason to write off a game? "The dragon looks too much like a standard dragon, pass", Do you pass on a game just because the boss looks too much like a boss? Pity to see so many people downing what could be a simply good game.

Look at bastion, the gameplay was standard fair, but the gameplay is tight, well done, and the actual events are what makes the game interesting - if I just said "yeah its about racism and an apocalypse" it wouldn't sound that great.

I've been keeping an eye on this title for a while now and everytime i see somthing knew about it my interest raises, my only grievance is that although this is a game built in capcoms NT Framework engine, which is actualy a PC made engine its comming out for consoles only, knowing capcom if the game is successful it'll probably get a port but it still seems like a misstep to me.

This game does look rather interesting and i don't have any problems with the trailer as the game isn't due till early next year so there's still time for change and also more trailers of the game and gameplay to come so i wouldn't pass on it yet until you see more gameplay.

You can really spot a Capcom character can't you?

This looks pretty bland to be honest with a pretty unoriginal storyline seemingly taken from a variety of sources and just meshed together. Nor am i excited by those combat animations. The ability to grab/ interact with the monsters is interesting though.

Also Dragon's Dogma is a very odd name. I mean it's means the dragon's beliefs or religious doctrines. Which doesn't make much sense when your a human character off killing monsters (and presumably dragons). It kinda seems like they just tried to create some fantasy sounding name.

Jeez, the camera angles look like they will give you all kinds of headaches! Nothing spoils a game like bad camera angles!

Ummm this does not make me very excited about the game. I mean it is nice to see a new IP, but really? This just looks like a crappy rip-off of Dragon Age...

Not sure where else to go with that really. It just strikes me as a less-than-awesome looking new game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here