Trailers: Soul Calibur V - Trailer

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Soul Calibur V - Trailer

This makes the arcade version of Soul Calibur look like Pong.

Watch Video

She attacks with magic. Thats bullshit! BULLSHIT I say!

yeah, im not excited for this game. ever since that Daishi guy decided he needed to go and stick his dick into the pudding and the fans had their moment of Derpitude that they requested a Soul Cal V despite the guys who make it saying we're done. About the only thing good in this trailer is Astaroths design. he looks cool with those nodes in his back.

Looks uninteresting.

Not hyped now ):

emeraldrafael:

Well if Cervantes can use guns,"she" can use magic projectiles.

I don't think it is possible for me to dislike Soul Calibur in any way, shape or form.

sgt. soap mctavish:

emeraldrafael:

Well if Cervantes can use guns,"she" can use magic projectiles.

But she doesnt even use it as a projectile. She uses it in the direction of the cat claw swing. you could cut otu the middle man and just have her use the claws, or just add freedie as the guest character of one game and jason as the other games.

You don't have to keep trying to impress me, Namco. I was going to get the game once I saw that Tira got her green back.

Honestly, though, I was going to say that it looks like more of the same until I saw that Magician girl. I hope she's not just a bonus character. I also hope that the story gives some good closure to the series because I, for the life of me, couldn't figure out what was going on in SCIV. I also hope the Create-A-Soul makes a return.

Time to wait and see, I suppose.

It appears that one of the Greek women's (forgot name) daughters is in it...I hope that Rock's son is in it as well, by that logic. (Maybe the guy with the wolf?)

I skipped through it, but I did not see Nightmare? What the fuck is this?

Okay...

1) That Patroklos guy looks like nothing special, Pyrhha looks like yet another Cassandra/Sophitia character, and that magic ball girl... Yeah. What happened to the times, when introducing new characters to the roster made you more excited about the game (case in point - Zasalamel, Setsuka)?

2) SC IV was (IMO obviously) pretty boring as far as fighter games go. It lost the charm of the previous games, and the new story mode (don't laugh, I like when fighting games have a good story mode) sucked. Big time.

3) They didn't even bother to use some new music for the trailer, and looking at how much they already copypasted from SC III to SC IV, this is not a good sign.

All of the points above are painting a big, red 'No, Don't buy it!' sign so far. Let's hope the future trailers/reviews will change that.

Yossarian1507:
... Pyrhha looks like yet another Cassandra/Sophitia character, ...

I would hope she is, but odds are Patroklos will too. Cassandra wont be in this game, and i dont think Sophitia will be either.

Another thread another bunch of unappreciative bungaroos.

Yossarian1507:
Okay...

1) That Patroklos guy looks like nothing special, Pyrhha looks like yet another Cassandra/Sophitia character, and that magic ball girl... Yeah. What happened to the times, when introducing new characters to the roster made you more excited about the game (case in point - Zasalamel, Setsuka)?

2) SC IV was (IMO obviously) pretty boring as far as fighter games go. It lost the charm of the previous games, and the new story mode (don't laugh, I like when fighting games have a good story mode) sucked. Big time.

3) They didn't even bother to use some new music for the trailer, and looking at how much they already copypasted from SC III to SC IV, this is not a good sign.

All of the points above are painting a big, red 'No, Don't buy it!' sign so far. Let's hope the future trailers/reviews will change that.

This post ninja'd me on every point I had. Well played sir...

Reaper195:

I saw Siegfried but no Nightmare.

Still, there were a few characters I didn't spot, perhaps they're just saving them for another trailer?

Nightmare was confirmed looooong ago on the facebook.

WaysideMaze:

Reaper195:

I saw Siegfried but no Nightmare.

Still, there were a few characters I didn't spot, perhaps they're just saving them for another trailer?

Nightmare needs to have his own trailer. And he needs to look newer and shiner than any other character. NIGHTMARE FTW!

Hitman Dread:
Nightmare was confirmed looooong ago on the facebook.

Oh cool. I'll be honest, I was so disappointed with SC4 I've not really followed this one that much.

I may get it, but probably not on launch.

Still not excited about the game as a whole, but these two characters do raise my hype meter a bit. I've always loved Astaroth and his giant axe, and Viola looks pretty cool (even if the explicit magic use between her and Zwei seems a little out of place for the series).

Still, I want my Mina back (and back to how she was in SC2 before the game wide gimping occurred, but I digress..). I imagine this may be the point where she gets the boot from the Soul series that she's seemingly been destined for since SC1 though. :/

Yossarian1507:
Okay...

1) That Patroklos guy looks like nothing special, Pyrhha looks like yet another Cassandra/Sophitia character

They're Sophitia's son and daughter. So yeah.

I don't know, this outing looks... cheap. None of the animations seem right somehow. Everything seems rushed, even the speech.
Also they seem to have replaced Taki with American Taki. Why?

Hitman Dread:
Another thread another bunch of unappreciative bungaroos.

Unappreciative? Charming. It's almost like these gamesmakers weren't doing this out of the goodness of their hearts and fans should be pleased they're getting anything!
... What's that? They're making this game for money?!

I miss Charade, and SC3 Tira.

Things seem to have gone downhill ever since Soul Calibur 3. I'll always consider that to be the zenith of the series.

Loop Stricken:

because taki would be too old (no, dont ask my why she cant use some demon hunter magic to keep her young like Ivy's alchemy keeps her young, i dont know). Supposedly this girl is taki's apprentice, so she'll play like her.

emeraldrafael:

Loop Stricken:

because taki would be too old (no, dont ask my why she cant use some demon hunter magic to keep her young like Ivy's alchemy keeps her young, i dont know). Supposedly this girl is taki's apprentice, so she'll play like her.

But why does she have to be a blonde American? Who, let's be honest, seems to have the exact same body and face as Taki anyway.
Perhaps... CONSPIRACY!
Also that Petrolcheese fella? I loathe him. Instantly.

Loop Stricken:
Unappreciative? Charming.

Unappreciative and uninformed, yes.

I don't know, this outing looks... cheap. None of the animations seem right somehow. Everything seems rushed, even the speech.

Have you ever followed a fighting game before release? These things come last.
Example: MvC3 Deadpool use to say I heard bullets taste just like chicken! he now says BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG.

It's already been said that animation has a ways to go. If you look facial expressions aren't animated yet. Much of the Namco fighting team has been slaving away at Tekken Tag Tournament anyway.

It's almost like these gamesmakers weren't doing this out of the goodness of their hearts and fans should be pleased they're getting anything!

Lets get this straight, they fired the team behind a 2 million copies sold game (Soul Cal 4), hired a Soul Calibur 2 SBO competitor as lead designer, for money? Both of these things are done against the interest of making money. Both of these things will likely cost them money. There's nothing in the development of this game that says cash in. Quit crying.

I could be missing out here because the last Soul Caliber I played and enjoyed and had a lot of time with was the Dreamcast one (which I think was the first one called Soul Caliber instead of Soul Blade) I tried 4 and did...not...like it. No Jedi or Sith Lord helped.

As for the new one...Mr. Horse can field my view.

I was close to saying SC5 looks very similar graphically to SC on the Dreamcast but I think that may be a bit too much. Please don't tell anyone I think that.

Im just glad I did not see Kilik in this trailer.....

Loop Stricken:

But why does she have to be a blonde American? Who, let's be honest, seems to have the exact same body and face as Taki anyway.
Perhaps... CONSPIRACY!

but... she's Japanese o.O?

Loop Stricken:

Who, sophitias son? cause i dont care for him either.

Hitman Dread:

Loop Stricken:

Lets get this straight, they fired the team behind a 2 million copies sold game (Soul Cal 4), hired a Soul Calibur 2 SBO competitor as lead designer, for money? Both of these things are done against the interest of making money. Both of these things will likely cost them money. There's nothing in the development of this game that says cash in. Quit crying.

No. You're honestly trying to tell me that they're NOT making this game for money? I don't care about their poor decisions, they're not making this game to give it away.

And if you're so gung-ho on lambasting anyone who dares point out the sloppy animations in a trailer advertising a game, maybe they shouldn't make a trailer using the sloppy animations to advertise their game.

emeraldrafael:

Loop Stricken:

Perhaps... CONSPIRACY!

Loop Stricken:

1) Yes, Japanese like anime characters.

2) Aye that's the fella. I don't know if it's the girly hair or what but I just... instant hatred.

Loop Stricken:

emeraldrafael:

Loop Stricken:

Perhaps... CONSPIRACY!

Loop Stricken:

1) Yes, Japanese like anime characters.

2) Aye that's the fella. I don't know if it's the girly hair or what but I just... instant hatred.

all I know is her bio says she's japanese. America has nothing to do with this one (though since we're getting to that period in time, it would be nice to see a native american in the game. Give him a tomahawk and knife combo.

.... sorry, I made a native American fighter in soul Cal IV and like the idea of it.

and oka. I dont care for him much either, but i dont care for the game at all existing. it shouldnt, its simple as that really.

I was disappointed with SC4, I really loved 2 & 3, but Namco stuffed up 4 the same way they stuffed up Tekken 6,too many useless characters. I just hope SC5 exceeds 4 in every way and hope namco give's proper stories to the characters not garabage we saw in S4 in which we fought about 2 characters before fighting the last boss, same goes for the new tekken games, I want 7 to be more like 5, or rather just scrap everything from 6.

Woah, magic-orb-lady looks pretty cool. Other than that this is just another bland trailer for a decent game I'll end up buying anyway.

Loop Stricken:
No. You're honestly trying to tell me that they're NOT making this game for money? I don't care about their poor decisions, they're not making this game to give it away.

No, but their actions show this game is not a cash grab.

And if you're so gung-ho on lambasting anyone who dares point out the sloppy animations in a trailer advertising a game, maybe they shouldn't make a trailer using the sloppy animations to advertise their game.

Or, better idea, the public become educated on a game's development cycle, instead of getting angry about irrational things.

Looks meh, plus I didn't see nightmare.
I'll just go back to playing Soul Calibur 2, it's probably better than this one will be anyway.

Hitman Dread:

Loop Stricken:

No, but their actions show this game is not a cash grab.

I think when the guys who have been on the series since soul edge (oh yeah, dating myself here) decide after SC IV they're done,a nd the FANS have to petition for the game to be made, its solely for cash grab.

Reaper195:

That's what I'm saying, man. A Soul Calibur trailer without Knightmare? Or Siegfried? What was even the point of the trailer? ಠ_ಠ

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here