Trailers: Final Fantasy XIII.2 - PS3 Trailer

Final Fantasy XIII.2 - PS3 Trailer

Final Fantasy is starting to look less and less final.

Watch Video

Hate it as much as you want.
I will play it I will love it, i will have it.
Need to do the last achievement in the first part >.>

Like new Hope, so so about new Snow.

Using the same battle system means they can skip the 40-hour warm-up. This basically fixes everything that was wrong with 13.

This is gonna be epic.

Well, looks like Square Enix is gonna be receiving another $60 from me. Seriously, I really like how this game is looking. I liked XIII (yes, I really did), and more importantly, I really liked Sera, so shut up and take my money Square Enix!

I'm not really happy that Hope is back, but since he's older maybe he won't be as whiny. The new Snow looks okay though, nothing to get excited about.

This is, what, the fourth trailer for game? All this keeps reminding me of is that this game is several months away and I want to get it now.

Postema:
Well, looks like Square Enix is gonna be receiving another $60 from me. Seriously, I really like how this game is looking. I liked XIII (yes, I really did), and more importantly, I really liked Sera, so shut up and take my money Square Enix!

You're supposed to put this picture when you say that.
Other than that I have nothing to say here since I haven't even gotten to play XIII and am not really interested in Final Fantasy anymore, unless it's Final Fantasy Tactics, I like Tactics.

Who knows, maybe i'll have played through FF13-1 before this comes out. Maybe i'll even be interested in buying this once it's out.

It looks good, but as Yahtzee has pointed out before the Final Fantasy games always "look" good. So yeah, on the fence about this one right now.

DO NOT WANT! Screw you, Hope!

Btw, at 1:05; Does the guy who voiced War in Darksiders only got one voice? Pretty bad for a voice actor you'd think... The voice doesn't even fit!

actually Till now i hated the 3rd person in the party because Square said that the third person will always be monsters that you cough and i hate playing pokemons...

But there was 3 person team with Snow so... yay! ;p
Or maybe he counts as a Monster to catch...

Hope actually looks pretty badass compared to how he was in the original. Snow looks pretty good, but it's not really much better than his original look. Unlike Hope, Snow's outfit is less of an upgrade and more of a sidegrade.

I do hope they're fully playable, though.

Looks pretty good. But what's up with that music? That...that is NOT Final Fantasy music...

Not one of Square's better trailers. I know they want to keep main series FF relatively upbeat, and they pulled off an upbeat Kafkaesque nightmare in The World Ends With You well enough, but this is excessive and rather tasteless. Ugh. Somebody toss a copy of Todorov their way and tell them to stop slamming sugar syrup while listening to pop-ballads.

I'm looking forward to the game itself, but it would be nice if they sold it on the basis of something other than the franchise's silliest cliches and weakest moments of dialogue.

Yeah I'm not playing this if your keeping the same battle system.

You know when FFX released a sequel they had the decency to REVAMP THE WHOLE BATTLE SYSTEM ontop of fixing up the whole 'Straight Line World' thing (granted then it became a mission hub system and the plot was really dumb but shut up)

So yeah Imma just stick with waiting for Versus.

Holy mother of...o_O
Hope? Is that you?? Snow? What-I just...
Ugh, dammit. I'm gonna buy this and I'm gonna like it, I just know it. Could have totally used some better music though.

Ok, nice try Square, but I am not falling for this trick again. I got burned badly enough with FFXIII. And whats with the totally bland main characters anyway? I can't believe I am saying this, but I would rather be playing as the new Hope than that walking cardboard cutout Noel.

DanielBrown:

Btw, at 1:05; Does the guy who voiced War in Darksiders only got one voice? Pretty bad for a voice actor you'd think... The voice doesn't even fit!

Yep that's Liam O'Brien.

Anyway...based on the music on this trailer I dare say this is going to SquareEnix's -puts on glasses- Final Fantasy.

Okay, so how does this make sense:
She's crying because Lightning is gone.
Then they meet her again and she's like "what are you doing here?"
What the?

Obviously there were other scenes in the meantime, but that is just bad story construction in your trailer right there.

DanielBrown:

Liam O'Brien is great as Grimoire Weiss in Nier, and no, it's not the same voice that he uses here. Actually, I like the voice for this character, just not the design. He's got rags and feathers tied up in his hair. Come on, Nomura. Stick to buckles if this is the alternative.

Hey Hope isn't a little girl any more!

Good stuff.

Bring back fang and i'll get all the trophies in this one as well

wow ....
the per-rendered cut scene bits .... sucked .... o.o? this is square, this kinda stuff is what their good at what the hell happened here, it just looked really fake to me

the voice over sucked, even by video game standards :/
the song did not fit

sorry square, tailors are supposed to make people wanna get the game, for me, you have failed

I dont understand how anyone could see that trailer and think "WOW! that looks awesome! ill definitely purchase that game" , what the hell has happened to the world where this tripe passes as acceptable fare from what is (or at least used to be) a triple A game studio. FML. People who are actually looking forward to this release, you are alien to me, i cannot comprehend any reason behind this madness, it is beyond my realm of understanding.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here