Critical Miss: Gears of War

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So far the splits in 3 don't last too long and one direction seems to be able to provide cover for the other. The worst in act 1 is the stadium the one direction gets stuck fighting a giant glowie while the other tries figuring out that they are providing cover

It's a horror film trope. Every time I hear "let's split up" I want to scream.

I knew shaggy and scobby would do anything for Scooby Snacks but i didn't think of they'd go this far, then again the rest of them are too interested in the mystery of the Locust to give them much choice i suppose

Jinkies Marcus, I need to say that that never really worked out for us when we did that before.

Pffft, and to think all this time all the locust were just Old Man Jenkins.

Man that Full Metal Jacket scene still gets to me. Still a great film

That took me a second to get. Also Scooby looks fucking terrifying.

You know, every plot could be resolved by a couple of meddling kids when get in the way of the antagonist.

I found it especially funny in Gears of War 3 with all the excuses they came up with to keep four man squads only.

"Okay, we're going to attack the strongest enemy in the whole game! Jace, Sam, go back to the ship!"

"But Marcus, you'll need our help!"

"Shut up! We've only got four player Co-op, and nobody's gonna pick you over Cole!"

Heh scooby and shaggy look WAY too determined, shouldn't they be cowering in a corner somewhere?

The Gentleman:
Jinkies Marcus, I need to say that that never really worked out for us when we did that before.

Also this, heck one group (no prizes for guessing which) would often blunder straight into traps set by the other group.

Shit...now I need to marathon some Scooby Doo.

So wait... someone else on the Escapist thinks that cover based shooting isn't a negative trait in modern shooters? I thought I was the only one.

So why do they keep splitting up?
It's a mystery!

DustyDrB:

Don't hold back! If you come through you're going to have yourself a Scooby Snack.

Hey Scooby! Wanna run head first into an army of Locust? Risking your life for the fate of humanity?

Scooby: Ruh uh!

Would you do it for a Scooby-Snack?

Scooby: Rokay!

drkchmst:
So far the splits in 3 don't last too long and one direction seems to be able to provide cover for the other. The worst in act 1 is the stadium the one direction gets stuck fighting a giant glowie while the other tries figuring out that they are providing cover

Having played through the entire game I can say that none of the splits last for very long at all. I only recall 3 or 4 of them in the whole campaign and each is pretty much either 'High Ground Cover Position' or 'In the thick of the fight'. Normally less than 5 minutes each or so.

Velma carries a Boomer! Priceless. :)

fucking lolll

Plus all the wonderful comments already...

but, still, fuck youuuu now i need to go watch scooby doo again...*nostalgia level rising*

"One of Gears of War's running themes is angry-porkchop Marcus Fenix's constant Scoobian desire to split his squad of gargantuan man-children into smaller, less efficient, groups of two."

While I disagree with your analysis on military tactics, I do however, agree that they use it the wrong way.

"Like zoinks scoob, it's the locust" (I'd do anything plays)

I was laughing pretty hard at the "hobo life partner" part, but I freaking lost it at the scooby-doo reveal.

The "we lose our co-op partner" argument becomes less valid when you have four man co-op. You all should try it. I hear it's all the rage.

- J

Am I the only one who wanted to go listen to Fun Loving Criminals? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHDYfoRYcqQ

You are becoming one of my favorite things to view on this website. That is to freakin hilarious!!! =D thank you.

Shaggy: Like Zoinks Scoob! They can totally read what were saying in the sound of our voices!!
Scooby: Ruh ro! Hehehehe! =D
Sorry couldn't help it.

Shaggy and Scooby trying to look tough is hilarious. They should have a Portal gun, it would explain how that hallway-full-of-magical-doors gag works so well.

Now that made me laugh! I wonder how many boxes of Scooby Snacks it took to convince Shaggy and Scooby to join the war effort.

My favourite part of this is the new adjective: "Scoobian"

Is Dom making the Y U NO face?

Ser Imp:
So why do they keep splitting up?
It's a mystery!

DustyDrB:

Don't hold back! If you come through you're going to have yourself a Scooby Snack.

is that a fact?

OT: Funny comic

direkiller:
is that a fact?

OT: Funny comic

Dude...your avatar is terrifying. I don't know why but something about it is just terrifying.

OT: Awesome. I'm glad Fred has his Kerchief. I was scared for a moment.

Ghengis John:
Pffft, and to think all this time all the locust were just Old Man Jenkins.

I can't help but be reminded of this comic between the CM comic and your comment.

Just here to add:
That Daphne is freakin' perfect.

ZOINKS!!! C'mon Scoob lets like, rock this s**t man *revs lancer*

'RAGGY, THERE ARE THO LOCOST BASTARDS EVRYWHRE!'
"I know Scooby, those guy are A type A holes."

I wish I had them for squad mates :(

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username: