Tales from the Table: Chapter 13: A Tale of Two Lives

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Chapter 13: A Tale of Two Lives

Ceredwyn spends some time away from the group with some of her other friends. Balancing these two worlds proves difficult.

Watch Video

Great episode. Liked the story arc even though was a little predictable ... Nice character development for the DM's (forgot his name) sister too ... She cant be a b! all the time can she :)

I should of seen that coming.

Ohhh it would be awesome if her friends join the guy group (possibly as minor characters) in future episodes. It look like Rufus could have a chance with that tall one after all.

Also yes her sister is nice for once (good to know it's just personnal grudge against her brother) but she's still a bitch.

Awesome episode! Also great in episode to episode stuff happening. Real helped some of the people feel more real

In one episode we see a whole new dimension to Ceridwen and the sister. We learn more about the ongoing thing with the sisters secretary, we're reminded about the Falchor Ceridwen thing.

And the ending was brilliant :D

Another great episode. More real-life orientated, quite interesting.
Also, makes me want to try to find out, if there are any other Roleplayers in my Uni class...
But what if they laugh at me for playing such a game?! I can't just ask people...
Damn.

Owlslayer:
Another great episode. More real-life orientated, quite interesting.
Also, makes me want to try to find out, if there are any other Roleplayers in my Uni class...
But what if they laugh at me for playing such a game?! I can't just ask people...
Damn.

Lol, easiest way is to just carry one of your core books with you and flip through it from time to time, and if they recognize it, they may approach you, it's simple really.

OT: Really enjoyed the episode, I'm just waiting for Rufus to be developed a bit more than just insane horny guy who has terrible luck with women

dfcrackhead:

OT: Really enjoyed the episode, I'm just waiting for Rufus to be developed a bit more than just insane horny guy who has terrible luck with women

Those people develop?

Loved the episode but I am having issues figuring out how I would dress up as Rufus for cosplay purposes?

Really enjoying the show, it just gets better and better :D

Wow. This series really is something special.

There's been a lot of stuff on this site that has great moments, but this is one of the few series that's fairly consistently great.

Well done. XD

Man I love this show.

Too bad I'm now going to have to wait (understandably) another 2 weeks before I get my fix again.

That's it, I need to start roleplaying...

NO!! I lost!!!

Anyway, its will be interesting to see where this goes. maybe more additions, or just another roleplay story.

...so what is Ceredwyn's real name?

Also, Rufus' comment when they met on the street made me giggle loudly.

This is too good. Okay, every time I see a new episode up my heart jumps for joy, every part of this show is sheer awesome. This is officially my new favorite show on the escapist.

"There's something different about you...

You're hot!"

Hilarious. Love this show.

"I'm not a complete bitch all the time." It's like they know what I'm thinking.

Every episode is something special and the execution is really professional. I certainly hope they can keep this up.

Daaaah Whoosh:
That's it, I need to start roleplaying...

You seriously should.

This episode reminds me of my early days as a Wrestler... It was also around that time that I was in college, learning to make video games.

I was training for one and studying for the other and trying to figure out ways to tell my friends, on either side of the fence, what I was doing with my time.

When I finally did "come out" some of them were cool about it, some were confused by it and some never spoke to me again.

That's why I always try to keep an open mind when people tell me their hobbies and likes.

Oh man! The way the personalities in the groups mirrored each other! :D

I....got REALLY excited for second in the coffee shop scene when I thought the girl with the purple highlights was Kathleen.

....Then I realized that wouldn't make any sense/is impossible. What with Australia and Canada being in opposite sides of the globe and all.

Mine's not loading...just keeps buffering infinitely. Anyone else with this problem? All other escapist videos load fine for me.

BlindMessiah94:
Mine's not loading...just keeps buffering infinitely. Anyone else with this problem? All other escapist videos load fine for me.

Ya, just buffering for me aswell. So far it's been buffering for 1 hour =/
I had same problem with "Drinking Games" yesterday, but not it started after only 5 minutes. >.<

Somebloke:

lol Hell I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. Very slick.

" .... You're hot !!" Great timing.

Character development for the win.

Nice character developement. I'm giving this show all the good luck I can spare (42?) in the hopes it will stay for some time to come. Or something.

This show just gets better and better. Best thing on the Escapist after ZP. So why is it hidden all the way down at the bottom of the videos? Deffo needs more love.

I had the same buffering problem as others, though. Wouldn't work last night at all, but played after ~5mins of buffering today.

Great episode! I especially liked the revelation about why the DM's sister always seems so uptight about the game. Please keep the episodes coming! You guys are doing great work & are high on my lists of reasons to keep coming back to the Escapist :)

Lord_Goose_Man:
Chapter 13: A Tale of Two Lives

Ceredwyn spends some time away from the group with some of her other friends. Balancing these two worlds proves difficult.

Watch Video

The video won't play for me.
The advertisement will play, and then it just gets stuck at the loading circle on top of the title card.

All the other videos on the Escapist including the other Tales from the Table videos are working for me, so why isn't this one?

EDIT: Never mind, I was able to watch the video after waiting 15 minutes. Great show.

everything went better then expected.

Aww, it ended on a happy note. :)

There's something about the film-style that lends to the awkward nerdiness. It works. :)

He he he, lots of aussie in jokes in this episode, good to see some more local content on the escapist

Oh, finally it worked on my computer!

Interesting episode. Did that girl take someone else's disgarded nachos of the next table? ew.

uzo:

Somebloke:

lol Hell I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. Very slick.

Did anyone else notice the fingerless glove on that one girl like Rufus has?

Great character development...I want to see the gaming group her gal pals are a part of!

Not gonna lie... I thought the first, like, three episodes were.. well.. bad. as in, not very good. Like, at all.

And then, suddenly, the core game started, and the show became my current favorite on the escapist. The characters are fun and almost believable, and there have been a few clever moments mixed in with the more cliche.

Some of the things I liked about this episode: Ceredwyn is suddenly human and interesting. She has an actual life, with actual problems. Bit hipster, but that never really bothered me.

The lesbianism joke was clever, like telling your friends that you role-play is akin to telling them your gay.

Also... some humanity from the sister was nice to see (does she have a name?). I actually like how she has multiple levels of personality; hates to see her brother wasting his life, but has a draconian work ethic. She's neither right or wrong.

Main thing I didn't like: The ending. The friend's could have not cared, even joked that that was what had Ceredwin all worked up. Or, they could have had her friends make fun of her, showing their colours in an unexpected twist. But... "they all role-play too"? So... they all thought she was the cool one, and didn't invite her to ply with them because... they were a bunch of dumb-asses. How is it that they all ended up playing DnD and she didn't? How does that even happen? It just... it just didn't make sense. And I'm not even going to comment on the staleness of the acting in that final scene, or the sappiness of the ridiculous revelation.

See, this is not just a story about a game, It's a story about the people who play it and the lives they live outside of the GM table

Great show so far guys // Quickly becoming my fav thing on the Escapist

-M

Liquid Paradox:
And I'm not even going to comment on the staleness of the acting in that final scene, or the sappiness of the ridiculous revelation.

OH NO YOU JUST DID!!! SHIT!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or