Escapecraft: Cut The Crap

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

OMG, why does my dad's computer have to have such shit specs... It doesn't have the tech to run youtube, and couldn't play MC even if it could...

:-( at missing 1 year anniversary.

So...many...new...players...
/me cowers in a corner in fetal position.

cool they made all that stuff in Minecraft.
now they only need to hire someone funny.

Intresting idea but that video was awful...
Honestly that was more of a pain to watch, hope the later episodes are better because I really do like the idea of this. =3

this series needs more lava. for srs

This server is the dog's bollocks. That said, I didn't glimpse any of my things, I am a sad panda.

So are we like, official now?

somehow, i feel that being idle in the wrong minecraft-group was a poorly done choice. *rectify*

first few secs of the vid tho, i kept going "what in tarnation is omzit doing here, shouldent he be harrasing the JessieCox-forums?*

oh well.
guess ill have to speed up my dry-run of DeadIsland before i can continue to work with minecraft.

Eh, 6.5/10

It's worth watching again to see if it improves though.

For the record, this was not meant to be a comedy video, just an informative one about the server and community.

Is there a link to download the map?

Tufty94:
Is there a link to download the map?

There is no link. There is only a server.

Cool cool. I remember getting lost in that place :O

I don't know about multiplayer servers with that many people in them. I'm not good with economies :P

Cool that the place is officially the Escapist server :D

haxxorzd00d:
Hey guys, chief video-makey-guy for Escapecraft here. :D

I can give you a little heads-up on what to expect from the series: we're a variety show, so we'll be doing some machinima-type efforts - comedy, parody and such - as well as general Minecraft info/tutorials (with a humorous twist), and coverage of events on the Escapecraft server such as building contests and survival challenges.

Basically, anything Minecraft-related, with a focus on our community. You'll soon see a cast of recurring characters appear throughout our videos.

And of course, we're an actual Minecraft server (server IP: escapecraft.com), so feel free to pay us a visit and see what we're all about - stick around and you might even get a spot in a future video!

-Haxx

Was that Paragon Nova in the video? if so you should get his buddy SSoHPKC to join in on one of the episodes.

Sneaky-Pie:
Oh this is neat.

Sneaky-Pie! You were the server admin right? I clearly see footage of old central at the beginning of the video (and spotted my house). Does that area still exist?

I have really no idea what this show is gonna be about, and I feel that that wasn't really a good introduction, as it didn't really explain anything, but I'll wait for the next episode before I pass any real judgement.

I stopped playing on your server after you deleted everything twice in a row and imposed horrible little rules about where you could build.

Now, I will watch this video to see if things have changed...

Tharwen:
I stopped playing on your server after you deleted everything twice in a row and imposed horrible little rules about where you could build.

We never had rules about where you could build... unless you mean not building outside of Central? And even then that was just 20 blocks around the city...

I tried to join but it said I was banned, what is happenings

OT: nice trailer, well thought out.

That was a bit random. I dont even know what premise of this show is.

Wow! I've been looking for a multiplayer server for a LONG time, and this looks like EXACTLY what I want. I'm going to brush up my skills a bit in Single-Player, but then I'm so joining up! looking forward to meeting you all.

Wait, wait - wait wait wait.
This server is accessible?

Dude. I am going to buy Minecraft this very week to explore your awesome-looking world.

And maybe sneak into the background of your videos...

What the? I know there was some talk about a machinima going around on the escapecraft forums when I last read them (which was like a year ago), but I never thought it would actually make it to the escapist itself.

I had high hopes and was disappointed by the comedy about 30 seconds in. I actually don't know what I was really looking for; there's so many Minecraft videos with varying types of style or humor that everything has been pretty much covered. I guess an RP thing would've been kind of cool though.

That was pretty bad. It looked more like a Minecraft commercial than an actual video. The jokes were superbly stale.

Milo Windby:

Tharwen:

We never had rules about where you could build... unless you mean not building outside of Central? And even then that was just 20 blocks around the city...

I mean the thing where you had to build inside a tiny cube of dirt inside central and touching anything else got you an automatic warning.

Wow, this video was really well written with so much amazing scenery going on (thus the humor was awesome). I am impressed and already a fan- hope to see these every Saturday because I would sure watch every new episode if they came out just as good!

Echo136:

Sneaky-Pie:
Oh this is neat.

Sneaky-Pie! You were the server admin right? I clearly see footage of old central at the beginning of the video (and spotted my house). Does that area still exist?

Yeah we still have the worlds!

However at the moment they are both offline due to the upgrade to 1.8, but we're trying hard to get them both back online.

Tharwen:

Milo Windby:

Tharwen:

I mean the thing where you had to build inside a tiny cube of dirt inside central and touching anything else got you an automatic warning.

You could and still can build out in the Wild or other towns... In the wild you could but any size. Perhaps you need to read the rules better?

Wow that must of taken ages to build. I will certainly check out this series.

I went and checked out the server due to this, and wow...there is a lot of stuff there. I was so overwhelmed I had to limp back to my tiny four person server with my tail between my legs. Wayyyy too much going on for me.

haxxorzd00d:

I can give you a little heads-up on what to expect from the series: we're a variety show, so we'll be doing some machinima-type efforts - comedy, parody and such - as well as general Minecraft info/tutorials (with a humorous twist), and coverage of events on the Escapecraft server such as building contests and survival challenges.

Basically, anything Minecraft-related, with a focus on our community. You'll soon see a cast of recurring characters appear throughout our videos.

And of course, we're an actual Minecraft server (server IP: escapecraft.com), so feel free to pay us a visit and see what we're all about - stick around and you might even get a spot in a future video!

-Haxx

I don't trust you for some reason... Haxxorz

Anyway, I would have given the server a go when I was still 'in to' playing MineCraft, I will definitely watch the show of course. And most likely support it.

A new series is always nice, but, well, I still don't know what it's about.

haxxorzd00d:

-Haxx

This explains things, however. Might have been a nice idea to inform the masses of this in a more direct form, but I'm sure it'll all become clear in time. This seems like a fun idea and could make for a great series, I am however cautious to the idea that anyone can just join the server, what happens when people interfere with planned events?

EDIT: I forgot, will this show come out every Saturday? Cuz that would be awesome, nothing on the Internet ever comes out during the weekend.

I loved it..!

Of course, I'm not biased in any way shape or form... _

The server was interesting when I checked it out a few months ago. The problem, walking for 10 hours to find a place to build after navigating the many many portals to the various worlds. Maybe I'm just a noob.

We have an video series now? Awesome.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or