Escapecraft: Cut The Crap

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Just so you guys know, this isn't the Escapist's official server. This is a completely Escapist-user run server.

Milo Windby:

Sn1P3r M98:
I lost interest in the server when it got switched over to the 3rd new world, but maybe I'll have to come back...

Well the good news is that we do have the first two worlds still... not open at the moment due to issues... but we hope to have them back up.
And we have things figured out now that we don't need to get rid of maps or anything.

Cool! I'll definitely come back and check out Escapia I and II once they're up.

I have no idea what I just witnessed.

Btw I wasn't advertising...I have no affiliation with those guys, they're just the best.

martyrdrebel27:
did anyone else think it was a little bit in poor taste and a LOT bit too relevant for them to start off with a joke about not paying someone for their work because they'd already spent it all?

i didn't see any comments about that, but it haunted me throughout the rest of the video. had it been an unofficial jab, i'd probably take pleasure in the satire, but being official... it made me feel the way i do when i get teabagged in Halo.

As per several above posts, we made this long before any plans or ideas about joining the Escapist were made and also, long before any of the recent events that have been happening around here.

Didnt really like it, to be honest. That being said I reserve my final judgement for a later date. Hope it picks up, lord knows we dont need another Game Dogs *shudders*

No offense Russ, but that idea was fucking terrible. Game Dogs. Even the name sounds bad. What were you thinking?

Hmmm, first Imperial City, and now this. Why does Escapecraft always do these awesome things when I'm not around >.>

A Social Reject:
Not my cup of tea.

ChupathingyX:
That just wasn't funny, it didn't even make me smile.

What ever you say. People aren't forcing you to watch it.

Damnable series of tubes indeed...

Really wish Minecraft wasn't pay to play.

AvauntVanguard:
Really wish Minecraft wasn't pay to play.

You just have to buy the game once, not pay repeatedly, and it's incredibly cheap.

Oh. It's an overlength advertisement for a minecraft server.

Look folks, if you want to use machinima to entertain your audience, power to you. But I hope the next episode won't be trailers for your server but actually entertaining.

Damn i wanna be in one of these videos! Great stuff! I look forward to more

Monsterfurby:
Oh. It's an overlength advertisement for a minecraft server.

Look folks, if you want to use machinima to entertain your audience, power to you. But I hope the next episode won't be trailers for your server but actually entertaining.

If you'd care to read any of the other posts in the comments, this advert was made long before the video deal was decided, and wasn't meant to be the introduction to an on-going series. We chose to put this one up as the first video once the deal came about, next week we'll be moving onto actual videos that were made for the Escapist.

Didn't give me a good first impression, but I'll give it a chance.

This looks pretty good, needs more Wilhelm screams though.

The-Epicly-Named-Man:
Anyone else think it was this; http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/67871-adv-escapecraft-beta/ ?

EscapeCraft and Escapecraft are now one in the same, they have officially joined our server and are part of our team. We host some of their Single Player maps on our server.

SIgh, so many derps on this thread and nearly all could've been avoided by reading posts 19 and 23 by Hax...

The video needed more Lord but I'm really looking forward to the next one XD

It's also nice to see so many prominant members of the Escapecraft community here, especially some of the mods who (for some) sadly it seems haven't actually used the forums which spawned this server...

Video.
Isn't.
For Me.

Standard OR HQ.

Tharwen:

Milo Windby:

Tharwen:

I mean the thing where you had to build inside a tiny cube of dirt inside central and touching anything else got you an automatic warning.

You could and still can build out in the Wild or other towns... In the wild you could but any size. Perhaps you need to read the rules better?

I understood them perfectly well. Building random structures out in the uninhabited wilds would still have been a complete waste of time though.

thats utterly untrue. i for example have built entire thriving towns at the edges of the maps on our worlds. they see a lot of traffic and have excelent stuff in them

building in the wilderness is fun yeah but if you dont like that there are dozens of player run towns you could build in.

just because there is a Central City doesnt mean thats the ONLY city

vallorn:

Tharwen:

Milo Windby:

You could and still can build out in the Wild or other towns... In the wild you could but any size. Perhaps you need to read the rules better?

I understood them perfectly well. Building random structures out in the uninhabited wilds would still have been a complete waste of time though.

thats utterly untrue. i for example have built entire thriving towns at the edges of the maps on our worlds. they see a lot of traffic and have excelent stuff in them

building in the wilderness is fun yeah but if you dont like that there are dozens of player run towns you could build in.

just because there is a Central City doesnt mean thats the ONLY city

Sorry, I wrote that post at 2:00 on a Sunday morning, when I wasn't entirely sober.

The point (I think) I would have made if I'd thought about it longer is that I didn't devote very much time to building on the server, so founding a new town would have been difficult as I wouldn't have been around much to manage it. There was also the fact that right after the map change, no-one had had time to start any new towns for me to go and join.

Wow, I really didn't like that. The best part of it all was the creations, I'm sure a lot of time went into that.

Past that it was so unfunny that I can't really figure out what I just saw. Was it supposed to be funny, or just a showcase for all the really awesome stuff people have built[1]?

I just.. I really... That was dumb. I'm sorry but I had to say it. I hope the next one is better. Even as an intro to a series, it turned me off pretty quick.

[1] No sarcasm.

Can anyone tell me what the building at 1:20 is?

Looks awesome, but i don't have any idea how to "recreate" it.

Double. :(

sinn3r:

It's a dome with (the makings of what might one day become) a city in it. A user named Fenreil made it. I'm not sure how he did it, but there's a neat little tool for Minecraft to make spheres which you can get here.

Wow,i wanna play in this server!

.....ping 700ms D=

Bit rough, could be funny with some work. Needs better acting and less of the stammering douchey 20-something shtick.

sunami88:
Wow, I really didn't like that. The best part of it all was the creations, I'm sure a lot of time went into that.

Past that it was so unfunny that I can't really figure out what I just saw. Was it supposed to be funny, or just a showcase for all the really awesome stuff people have built[1]?

I just.. I really... That was dumb. I'm sorry but I had to say it. I hope the next one is better. Even as an intro to a series, it turned me off pretty quick.

As it has been said by many people many, many, MANY times, this was made long before any talk was going on with the Escapist about making a video series. This isn't intended to be funny, it's basically meant to do just what you said at one point: show off all the awesome stuff we have on the server.

[1] No sarcasm.

Oi. More freaking minecraft stuff. How nice. Think I'd rather beat my head against a wall personally. At least that way I'd be stimulating my brain.

Hmmm, this has potential. Hmmm...

Clonekiller:
Oi. More freaking minecraft stuff. How nice. Think I'd rather beat my head against a wall personally. At least that way I'd be stimulating my brain.

well maybe you could do that rather than making caustic comments that dont add anything to humanities sum total of understanding?

Ashsaver:
Wow,i wanna play in this server!

.....ping 700ms D=

oh wow. thats unusual to have that much lag...

MpSai:
Bit rough, could be funny with some work. Needs better acting and less of the stammering douchey 20-something shtick.

v v v v v v v v v v v v v

Aenir:

As it has been said by many people many, many, MANY times, this was made long before any talk was going on with the Escapist about making a video series. This isn't intended to be funny, it's basically meant to do just what you said at one point: show off all the awesome stuff we have on the server.

sinn3r:

to add to what Godavaria said the thread for it on our own forums is here

i need help joining the server. I generally don't play multiplayer, so i don't really have any idea what I'm doing. I'm on mac btw. Any help would be great. Thanks

Godavari:

It's a dome with (the makings of what might one day become) a city in it. A user named Fenreil made it. I'm not sure how he did it, but there's a neat little tool for Minecraft to make spheres which you can get here.

I know that tool, thanks, but the picture doesn't look like the base for the dome is a hemisphere?

You see these two "pillars" left and right of that tower? If it were a hemisphere, these wouldn't be there, would they?

e: Okay nevermind, should've read the whole forum thread about that dome. Thank you very much.

deshorty:
i need help joining the server. I generally don't play multiplayer, so i don't really have any idea what I'm doing. I'm on mac btw. Any help would be great. Thanks

After you start up Minecraft and log in, click on Multiplayer.
You can either click Direct Connect and type in "escapecraft.com", or click Add, put whatever you want in the Server Name, and put "escapecraft.com" in the Server Address. Then you can just click on it when you want to join.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here