Zero Punctuation: Resistance 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Love insomniac, can't wait for the crazy weapons in the new ratchet and clank.

Great episode. I might have to give this game a try.

hermes200:
To be fair, most of the things Yahtzee complains about Insomniac ripping out Valve are things that were in the first Resistance (health packs, weapon wheel, alien hive infecting humans, etc). Which many people complained because Resistance 2 forgot in order to be more Modern-Warfare-like.

Also, the whole anagram thing with Combines and Insomniac is a little far-fetched...

That was made for teh lulz.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Hehe, the ending actually got a loud chuckle out of me (dont usually actually laugh out LOUD at stuff like this even though I enjoy it). I may actually have to check Resistance out if I ever get a PS3. Would probably be the only shooter I buy for the system.

Yeah, it make me "curious" (mildly) to play it even thought I absolutely hated the first and as such avoided the second.

Is Yahtzee even capable of liking a shooter without claiming that it's ripping off an existing one?

we had multiple weapons in Resistance 1, and i think that we might have had med packs. Too long ago to remember. and there was the crazy weapons

C117:
Whelp, that was... interesting. Certainly a unique review, and funny to boot.

Yeah, I didn't see this coming at all. I had to actually replay a few moments to just to make sure I heard him right and to enjoy the jokes again. Well glad to see Resistance 3 got alot of things right like the medkits and carrying more than two weapons at a time. :D

Kinda hoping next week he reviews Warhammer 40,000 even if he just bashes it to bits but honestly I just didn't see this coming at all.

As soon as he started bashing it, I was like "Wait a minute...Yahtzee should LOVE this game.." then I watched him back track, I was like "see told ya!" then I laughed at the Number 23 stuff.

hermes200:
Also, the whole anagram thing with Combines and Insomniac is a little far-fetched...

....yep...

...seems like you got the joke then...

....maybe not...

Makes sense, Yahtzee cant give a truely positive review... it would have the effect of dividing by 0...

Trippy Turtle:

EDIT: Nobody posted fast enough to get banned or saying "first"? What is this?!

I know! I had my ban-hammer polished ready for this D:

I'll just put it back into it's case.... ;_;

HAHA! I liked that one.
"What did you do with the rest of the body Insomniac?"

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Damn, this is the best video since your joke Duke Nukem review. On a related note, I now want a game where you use Jimi Hendrix's disembodied head to LSD your enemies to death.

I'm surprised he liked it actually. But the conspiracy was hilarious

sky14kemea:

Trippy Turtle:

Don't be sad Sky, there's always next week for you to drop the ban-hammer on some dope who think's it's cute to say "first!" without watching the video first.

You could always practice your swinging of the hammer so it'll be perfect when you crush someone with it! :D

More brown games...

This review quite surprised me, although it made me laugh probably more than any other in the last five months once he started back-tracking with the whole "Oh wait, what're these glowing green things lying around everywhere? Medkits, you call them?"

Seems it also had a tentatively "positive" swing to it, even if it was only because it bears resemblances to Half-Life 2.

The pace on this review was fantastic, it was like he was ready to gun ho, then stops, then try to resume the killspree, only to stop again.

Truly, on of the best this year.

very funny this one
i actually laughed

But wait a minute wasn't Half Life 2 also basically just a rip off of Halo: Combat Evolved. They are both FPS with non regenerating health. Both have silent protagonist in a power suit is the only one who can save humanity from the aliens, along with his perky female companion. And, of course both game titles start with an H, so Valve must of copied Bungie, and in turn they now get copied by Insomniac.

You haven't changed the tags I still see "dead island and xbox 360" I don't see "resistance 3 and insomniac games"

this review sucked balls. Stop comparing this game to half-life 2.

This has been one of the funniest ZP's in a while. I was laughing out loud! OUT LOUD!

I haven't laughed so much in a while,but this vid just made my day.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Yahtzee.Will probably give it a try if I bother buying a PS3.

Great episode! I havn't really laught at ZP for quit some time now, but this one was just really funny.

psicat:
But wait a minute wasn't Half Life 2 also basically just a rip off of Halo: Combat Evolved. They are both FPS with non regenerating health. Both have silent protagonist in a power suit is the only one who can save humanity from the aliens, along with his perky female companion. And, of course both game titles start with an H, so Valve must of copied Bungie, and in turn they now get copied by Insomniac.

Blasphemy.......just..just....blasphemy. There is a special place in hell just for conceiving of this post :P. But in all seriousness this was one of the funniest ZP episodes I have seen in a while, the bit about burying the body almost brought me to tears.

sky14kemea:

Trippy Turtle:

Is it wrong to imagine you with a sad puppy face?
:P

Anyway, great review, and really funny, especially the last one.
Wait a minute... THEY BOTH HAVE BEARDS!
Cracked me up.

Great review. Looks like Resistance 3 is the game the Duke Nukem Forever should have been, at least in mechanics department is more Duke Nukem than DNF.

This is one of those few moments when I had zero interest in playing a game, but Yahtzee convinced me otherwise. If this game is anything like Half Life 2 (which I sadly only JUST got around to beating), I must play.

holy crap I thought he was gonna hate the game

WanderingFool:
Makes sense, Yahtzee cant give a truely positive review... it would have the effect of dividing by 0...

See the orange box review. He can't because then he would have to jab forks into his eyes.

OT: Insomniac just did what they did with their ratchet and clank games, so no ripping off. Yatzee should probably have a look at them.

hermes200:

I thought it was pretty obvious he was exaggarating on purpose. Guess not.

OT: This one was brilliant, simply brilliant.

Quite a funny review today

Also, Metro 2033? I wonder what Yahtzee thought of that game. I thought it was fairly underrated.

This was the first Zero Punctuation that I laughed out loud for in a long time. Awesome.

I get confused; Resistance isn't the franchise that tries too hard be like Halo?

One of my friends was a big fan of Resistance 1, so I'm glad to see the game is more like that one... which in turn is modelled around Half-Life 2... my mind is jello right now.

If this wasn't a PS3 exclusive, or alternatively if I owned a PS3, I'd purchase this game based solely on this review.

Soviet Heavy:
Wait a minute! THE SCIENTIST HAS A BEARD!

The Escapist needs to add forum signatures so I can sig the hell out of that comment.

psicat:

I really wish this comment wasn't intended as a joke so I could refute it, dammit.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here