BioShock: A Pick Your Path Adventure

Pages 1 2 NEXT

BioShock: A Pick Your Path Adventure

Pick your path through a tale inspired by BioShock.

Read Full Article

Pick your path? pick the authors preferred choice or die more like, no thanks...

MY SPINAL FLUIDS!

Quellist:
Pick your path? pick the authors preferred choice or die more like, no thanks...

Okay, some of those were pretty ridiculous. Especially the first couple.

That was certainly unique, in a special kind of way... Got a good feeling where this was going after the first choice said I died because I willed my heart still. Roight. :p

YAY! I AM WINNER!
ONLY HAD TO GET MY SPINAL FLUID SUCKED OUT 3 TIMES AND DIED A FEW MORE TIMES AFTER THAT!

he he he, that was good fun. it took a lot of tabbing, but i managed to get through every single ending possible

So many arbitrary deaths!!!

This mirrors the absurdity of Dr. McNinja... I can appreciate that.

Awesome choose your path.

But there should be more actual endings, not just game overs.

Awesome, Always wondered when stories like this would appear on the internet (Oh Goosebumps, How I loved these type of stories)

Ahhh the good old days of choose your own adventure. Nice satire of the Bioshock story, but it also works as a love letter. Fun story Evan, loved it.

Ryan Andrews is the Bomb.

This isn't a pick your own path adventure. It's a "single route" adventure, with arbitrary death scenes every second/third time you turn the page. Waste of time, and massively inferior to the GTA one.

You should do more of these. They're pretty funny.

Yeah! I won and died only 2 times (mah freagin spinal fluids).

"You look up to see a nine-foot-tall giant man wearing a WWII Russian army uniform." Shows a picture of a Waffen SS soldier in the Ardenenes.

I thought it started off quite poorly as I was dying left right and center and blundering through on sheer chance but then I was shooting salad, rainbows and logic at enemies by the end which I feel could have improved the proper Bioshock.

I only died 3 times. I am proud of that :D

I was food 3 times at least. And not only my spinal fluids...

I Won at the end. But I liked more the ending where I DESTROYED THE EARTH! Even with me dying because of it.

Quellist:

Agreed

Catchy Slogan:

Quellist:

Okay, some of those were pretty ridiculous. Especially the first couple.

You don't say. I stopped after the first couple of rounds when I realised I wasn't actually allowed to play and had to a stupid "zany" story instead.

I died after round one. Cleanliness sucks. Shouldn't there be more then one path?

First play-through: Shot myself.

Second play-through: Didn't kill Ryan Andrews and won the game. Me like. :D

All in all, I got a few chuckles, especially from the deaths. Nice work.

The writing on this is really amateur.

Quellist:

Would you kindly play the game again? :P

Well, that took quite a while to finish.
There were a couple of funny bits to be sure, but overall the completely arbitrary nature of the death traps was jarring. Follow what the guy says or die. Don't follow what the guy says or die. Do a completely random thing instead of either option or die. And, at least as far as I could tell, with little to no indication of which choice would be preferable.

You stand completely still, hoping not to screw everything up. Unfortunately, your expert technique causes your heart to stand still, as well. You collapse to the floor, devoid of life.

and with it dies my interest :(

Ya see, this was fun last time because I thought you were just poking fun at square enix and final fantasy.
Now it's just dull and uninteresting.
Perhaps that's your theme, bringing to light all the games that claim to be non-linear and making us see they are.
But if that's all it is, you may as well just list a bunch of games as far as I'm concerned

But then a trilobite sucked out all of your spinal fluid...

Not exactly creative after the 11th time, but maybe I'm missing the point.

Some bits were funny though.

Well, it was rather boring this time around. Mainly because there were more deaths then choices.

Quellist:

Agreed. Wish I'd read this first.

Pick your path, how about picking something more original??...

heh I loved the "shoot your self in the spine as premptive mesure" option

was I the only one who got the fruit sald ending

Bioshock meets Space Quest.

This looks pretty cool, looking forward to trying it out.

A choose your own adventure where you only have the illusion of free choice? Inspired by Bioshock?

Best complain in the forum rather than think about whether or not that was the entire sodding point.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here