Trailers: Syndicate - Announcement Trailer

Syndicate - Announcement Trailer

EA takes the Syndicate series into the 21st century.

Watch Video

...wow
I can honestly say I am surprised, positively I might add, I was expecting Perfect Dark Zero meets Half Life and it looks more like... well something not terrible!

I am intrigued about the whole 2 sight aiming thing, where it looks like you can aim down the iron sights AND the ACOG sights on the weapon, one wonders how this will be implemented in gameplay... half pulls on the left trigger I imagine

Huh, I thought I was looking at a Deus Ex expansion.

Never heard of the Syndicate series before, but this trailer made the upcoming game look incredibly cool. I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Loved the tagline. "Business is war." Indeed. :)

Definitely reminds me of Deus Ex. Will be interesting to see how the game looks when it comes out.

I Think this looks pretty good, I'm already a fan of the Starbreeze guys so I'll keep an eye on this.

I've heard gripes about it being an insult to the original, but considering I never played the original this would be the first step into the series for me.

Colour me intrigued.

If I was to make any complaint about this trailer, it's that I almost feel like they paint the player character as almost TOO much of an unstoppable badass. Nothing really seemed to pose a challenge to the agent... but then again, these are probably highlights from instances much further down the road. This may seem like a strange complaint, especially coming from somebody who almost always plays on Easy anyway, but it was still something that bugged me a little.

Wow can't believe how disappointed I am by this trailer. The original was one of my all time favourite games. Turning it into what looks like a fps that rips off Deus Ex... I'll reserve judgment, maybe it will at least capture the feel of the original game world.

Deus Ex...

Man the people producing this game must have been pissed upon Deux Ex's release and seeing it has exactly the same themes and... everything to Deus Ex. Well it probably won't live up to the comparison at all...

Damn that music... Memories... Worst part is I can't play syndicate plus anymore... Damn you windows 7...

munkyforce:
Wow can't believe how disappointed I am by this trailer. The original was one of my all time favourite games. Turning it into what looks like a fps that rips off Deus Ex... I'll reserve judgment, maybe it will at least capture the feel of the original game world.

Preach it, bruddah. A reboot which reminds people of something other than that franchise pretty much has 'FAIL' writ large upon it.

First Xcom and now Syndicate. What's with buying the IP for turn based strategy games and then repacking them as much more generic first person shooters? Isn't that like saying, "You know what I like? Chess. Let's make a chess game. Only you play it with cards! And more than one opponent. And simplify the rules, simplify them a lot. Oh yeah, let's totally take chess - only make it blackjack."

When I heard Syndicate was coming back I thought - and call me crazy - that it would have been relaunched as a real time strategy game. Not a huge battle, Starcraft kind of thing, but something with smaller numbers of more personalized units in a more intricate setting. I was excited.

This, though? Meh. Very, very meh.

When Deux Ex was released... I bet they were soooo pissed they made a slightly different looking game :P

At lest the did a fucking superb job to make the music sound the the original in this trailer.

17 years old... I'm 17 xD Still like the sound and even the look of the original.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here