Critical Miss: Just Another 9 to 5, Part 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Just Another 9 to 5, Part 2

And everyone has their own problems.

Read Full Article

Were those zoombinis in the column? Whoa... major flashbacks.

Good to know im not the only one who sees video game characters in real life....

Also that part with Sonic made me laugh uncontrollably.

She should've said an invisible force ripped it off...that would've explained the scream. Are we trying something a little deeper, ey? Can't wait...First.

PixelJunk:

enzilewulf:
Good to know im not the only one who sees video game characters in real life....

Also that part with Sonic made me laugh uncontrollably.

Curse you and my crappy internet!!

You should totally make a Creeper in the next comic. Blows up her office space when in reality she's doing it herself or something. lol

I always thought Sonic was juicing.

PixelJunk:

Hellz yeah!

Man, fuck that guy. He wasn't hard to pass, but he was such an asshole.

It was fun to see the reference to the original name of the comic.

Man, I remember playing zoombinis to death when I was young. So glad to see that I'm not the only one to remember that game :3

I have removed my words from this site.

Seems like an odd choice to start another storyline arc right now. I would have expected more game related joke comics with such a heavily populated new release schedule and all that.

Of course judging by the comments before mine it looks like people are enjoying it so maybe I should just shut up.

ZZoMBiE13:
Seems like an odd choice to start another storyline arc right now. I would have expected more game related joke comics with such a heavily populated new release schedule and all that.

Of course judging by the comments before mine it looks like people are enjoying it so maybe I should just shut up.

In the description for part 1 Cory explains why he's doing a story-arc. Right now.

Geez I'm old. I can't belive I actually remember the Zoombinis.

+1 to "I remember the zombinies."

That pizza guy was a pain in the arse. I almost head-butted the monitor when, after dozens of combinations, it turned out that he just wanted a plain pizza with no topping.

OctalLord:

ZZoMBiE13:

In the description for part 1 Cory explains why he's doing a story-arc. Right now.

Well my browser has been acting weird and putting up a strange error message down at the bottom of these pages (I think it has something to do with the Facebook comment section, not sure though).

Still, thanks for the heads up. I'll open it up in another browser and take a look when I'm at home. :)

Zoombinis! That game was epic! :D

Hahaha, Sonic was like the best part there.

Is it sad that I know EXACTLY what the joke in the first panel was?

...Seriously, I hated that damn guy. At least TELL ME WHAT KIND OF PIZZA YOU WANT and stop smacking my zoombinis away when I give you the wrong topping! >: (

Dear lord the zoombinies pizza stump!

I was just playign zoombinis yesterday to get some nostaligia!

I know I'm not the first, but fucking Zoombinies?! Primary school memories flooding back! Awesome!

And this is an interesting little arc, keep it up!

Now I feel like part of a broken record, since everyone's commenting on it, but: Yay Zoombinis!

I haven't taken the time to write about this before but I think I'd like to just get it out there since I've been thinking about it a lot:

I've been a constant reader of Critical Miss and always enjoyed it, but ever since the Critical Miss: Stowaways storyline it's been almost compulsive. After learning main character Erin had survived a car crash and suffering cranial trauma I had to keep reading. I was actually scared that the series was ending. I've checked every week for another issue almost out of concern for her because of my own experience.

Last year, around 3:30 in the morning on September 11th, I woke up in the hospital with no memory of how I got there, with the last thing I remember being my departure from my friend's house on my bike. Later when nurses were making their first rounds they had told me I had been in a collision with another biker and had suffered a very disconcerting concussion.

I've had a lot of difficulties with my life since then (and also before then, lots of big dramatic changes in the last few years, long story), with lack of restful sleep and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder being in the definite Top 3 Problems I Have Every Day.

So in Erin I found someone (fictional, but that doesn't matter if they feel real enough right?) that I can identify with: the confusion, pain, and struggle with recovery from such an accident. And I also get to see that same person get back on their own two feet and get on with their life and deal with the problems that arise without letting it change who they are at the basic level.

All with good humor and art as a bonus.

In this series I've found inspiration during hard times to gather myself up, take a deep breath, and tell myself, "Okay, you can do this. One day at a time. At least Blastoise isn't trying to knock you out of the shower and Duke Nukem isn't raiding your fridge."

Thank you Cory. Thank you Grey.

P.S. Also helping me build up steam to actually finish my own comic, so thanks for that too!

Oh shit Zoombinis we had that on the computers in elementary school, never ever finished it due to not enough time.

I've not thought about Zoombinis since I was nine years old. Well played, Mr. Rydell.

Those fucking blue things. I played that game once. Shit was so cash.

And yet, seeing the zoombinis is not what I'm stuck thinking after this strip. All I can think of is Doctor Beat. Because they told me about it, and it won't leave.

Won't you help me Doctor Beat...

Gary probably didn't think very long when he decided on a name for his.. restaurant, I'm assuming. The name's not all that descriptive..

People talking as background noise depicted literally in the background? Nice touch.

You should totally not make a comic for the next comic. Or the one after that, or the one after that, or the one after that. lol

Holy shit, Zoobinis. I don't think I'm old enough to nostalgia yet.

Nice, zoombinis /i have that game, so much fun when I was young.

Zoombinis...

This is just awesome.

Everything is awesome with Zoombinis!

WHAT IS THIS ZOOMBINIS THING?

Why are you all talking about it?

Why do I feel so excluded?

Am I the only one who doesn't get what's going on?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here