The Big Picture: Frankenstein Conquers the World

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Frankenstein Conquers the World

Kick off Shlocktober with a giant monster fight!

Watch Video

Love the idea! Not surprising, giving your affinity with MST3K, but a great way to celebrate the month. Keep it up!

Please, keep the pumpkins, they are far less creepier than the usual faces.

As a fan of giant monster movies, I was pleasantly surprised to see this is what was being discussed, and now look forward to next week. I've heard of this movie and saw a few clips on Youtube, but didn't see the whole thing, and didn't know the actual plot.

I can tell this month is going to be fun.

Golan Trevize:
Please, keep the pumpkins, they are far less creepier than the usual faces.

indeed they r funnier as well... Why do i feel that all the videos r going to be rare recreations of monster movies from japan? (anyone got that feeling too?)

Well that octopus bridge worked: I've officially been suckered in.
Great episode Bob

Fun episode, but I don't think this movie and its sequel deserve a whole second episode, you'd think they could have been shoe-horned into one episode.

nice vid bob, i remember hearing about this one form the angry videogame nerd and then gave it a look a bit later, pretty good film monster film overall, the fact that frankie wasn't unnecessarily constrained by a bulky monster suit made which allowed the actor to move around a bit better and prefome better stunts thus helping the fight stand above some of the other monster fights

Why haven't I heard about this until now? (I have heard of Baragon but not a Godzilla size Frankenstien.) That film sound awesome!

i want to find that movie it looks great

Jbird:

nah hes talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Gargantuas

Does MovieBob watch Cinemassacre's Monster Madness?

BTW, Cinemassacre's Monster Madness: Godzilla-thon was how I learned about Frankenstein Conquers the World, in that Godzilla was originally supposed to fight Frankenstein, but he fought King Kong instead. You can tell the role was meant to be for Frankenstein because King Kong was struck by lightening and made stronger.

Of course, there was also Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster, which was meant to star King Kong, but had Godzilla instead, and Godzilla was woken up by lightening striking him.

Yeah, movies ARE weird.

MB202:

BTW, Cinemassacre's Monster Madness: Godzilla-thon was how I learned about Frankenstein Conquers the World, in that Godzilla was originally supposed to fight Frankenstein, but he fought King Kong instead. You can tell the role was meant to be for Frankenstein because King Kong was struck by lightening and made stronger.

Of course, there was also Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster, which was meant to star King Kong, but had Godzilla instead, and Godzilla was woken up by lightening striking him.

Yeah, movies ARE weird.

Ah; Ya beat me to it!

Don't forget that "War of the Gargantuans" was supposed to be a spin-off sequel to the Japanese Frankenstein movies.

***Also***

Bob forgot Robert Maillet's portrayal of Frankenstein in the 2011 Cult film MONSTER BRAWL

Haven't watched a big picture in a while watch this one and thirty seconds in get to see a pic ripped from The Monster Squad...I know remember why I liked watching this.

That aside glad to see some love for giant monster movies in the best month of the year

Oh so gunna have to find myself a copy of this movie!

haven't seen it so i can't comment myself but i'm pertty sure this was on netflix's 50 worst movies of all time. So yeah there's that.

>Explains giant Frankenstein
>Random fire breathing dinosaur
>No explanation
>Random giant octopus
>No explanation
Godfuckingdammit, Japan.

misterprickly:

MB202:

Yeah, movies ARE weird.

Ah; Ya beat me to it!

Don't forget that "War of the Gargantuans" was supposed to be a spin-off sequel to the Japanese Frankenstein movies.

***Also***

Bob forgot Robert Maillet's portrayal of Frankenstein in the 2011 Cult film MONSTER BRAWL

Oh yeah, that's right!

Also, maybe Bob didn't forget, he might of not known and/or cared... Still, that DOES look like an interesting movie. Look independent...

Bob, you pumpkin head!

Sorry, just had to do it.

I actually presided over a showing of this movie while I was volunteering at I-CON a couple years ago, it was the version with the octopus ending.

With Cinemassacre´s Monster Madness and now this, october is starting look like a lot of fun. I´m very appoint, Bob.

Okay... So this one made me make a bewildered face that I haven't made since high school.

Nice find. I might actually try to find this. Does this mean a new sub-meme of Japan! Is! Weird! is in the offing?

Love the emoti-pumpkins!

Fun stuff, Bob. It's nice to be reminded that I'm not the only one out there who loves cheesy monster movies. For some reason most of the poeple I know think that kind of movie is just a stupid waste of time. Oh well. Hey, can we get a Godzilla/Gojira episode? I'd love to her your take on his history.

I got much happier than I should have when you mentioned Barugon...then I got sad when you told me it wasn't the same Barugon...then I got happy again because you bothered to mention the Gamera Barugon at all.

Speaking of, I'm sure MovieBob knows this, but if anyone is interested, the five Gamera episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (the season 3 ones, not the season 0 ones) have been added to Netflix Instant Watch. It was awesome.

About the earthquake ending: Well it's Japan an earthquake is likely to happen

japan totally has giant dinosaurs all over the place!

well... I was glad they also decide to cut the giant octopus from "the watchmen" because it made so much sense! now there IS a reason that Dr.Matt HAVE to leave, and saves SOOOOO much time to have to explain that whole genetically create monster and kill all scientists thing!

sudden giant Octo is baaad, anyhow, cool vid! nice knowing that Japs are so much more content liberal when it comes to making movies!~

Ho-ho-ho, I'm gonna like these episodes.

rayen020:
haven't seen it so i can't comment myself but i'm pertty sure this was on netflix's 50 worst movies of all time. So yeah there's that.

I'm pretty sure most monster movies and B movie horrors are critically panned. It honestly has little value if you like these sort of movies for whatever reason. Personally I wouldn't watch it but not because a bunch of people disliked it on netflix. Mostly cause I just don't feel for monster movies.

"Just go with it..." I love the tone you do when you say it.
As someone mentioned earlier, the pumpkins are really nice, please keep them for at least October.

The Japanese wildlife is amazing, what next? Giant moths? Nah... that would be really silly.

Swifteye:

rayen020:
haven't seen it so i can't comment myself but i'm pretty sure this was on netflix's 50 worst movies of all time. So yeah there's that.

I'm pretty sure most monster movies and B movie horrors are critically panned. It honestly has little value if you like these sort of movies for whatever reason. Personally I wouldn't watch it but not because a bunch of people disliked it on netflix. Mostly cause I just don't feel for monster movies.

Actually what i'm talking about is a netflix funded movie made for direct streaming on netflix (imagine that...) that listed the 50 worst movies of all time. I sure alot of them really were trash but they didn't list any movies after 1989 and about 45 out of the 50 were just campy sci-fi/monster movies from the 60s. It wasn't really fair. I bring it up because i recognized the name from watching that and i don't have much else to say other than i've heard of this before. really though that 50 worst movies of all time just felt like polished multimedia hate mail to genre movie-makers of the world. as far as i know i don't think you can even watch this netflix much less rate it...

Was I the only one that saw the hilarity in a series called The Big Picture having an episode about a motion picture about two big things fighting? Is it too far-fetched?
Nice episode, I loved the ending, but not as good as your regular ones. I guess I just prefer comics are weird. Also, you've only done like two TV is weird, I demand moar!

It's Cinemassacre's Mooonster Madn... no wait, this is something else. But sure, why not.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here