The Big Picture: Frankenstein Conquers the World

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

No one is calling out MovieBob on blatantly ripping off James Rolfe? What a surprise.

I also love how MovieBob decides to call Frankenstein's Monster just "Frankenstein" because "everyone does it like that". Fucking hilarious. You'd think someone as proudly pseudo-intellectual as Bob would LOVE the chance to nitpick and correct everyone instead of just accepting a mainstream term that is factually wrong.

Anyways, what a boring video. If I want to watch a webshow about horror movies in October, I'll stick to the one that's actually entertaining.

You know, there's one thing in the entire world I have a phobia of.

Octopi (well, octopi and squid, and to a lesser extent cuttlefish).

Especially giant ones, no matter how crappy they look! Yeah. That was not a nice surprise.

Yay two of my favorite online personalities reviewing frankenstein movies. October/halloween is awesome. Keep 'em comin'.

OK, Mr. Movie Bob...

*legs crossed, big armachair, bucket of popcorn, fingers touching each other, dim lighting*

I am interested.

That actually looks really fun! I hope he eventually does a retro review of the Spanish version of Frankenstein. A lot of people like it more than the original. I would like to know what he thinks about it.

Let me get this straight, on top of it being October, the best month of the whole freaking year, not only will have tons of cheesy, fun horror movies on every channel, but Movie Bob will be reccomending and showcasing different, weird, obscure movies related to the Halloween spirit all month?

....LOVE ALL THE THINGS!

Stall:
I also love how MovieBob decides to call Frankenstein's Monster just "Frankenstein" because "everyone does it like that". Fucking hilarious. You'd think someone as proudly pseudo-intellectual as Bob would LOVE the chance to nitpick and correct everyone instead of just accepting a mainstream term that is factually wrong.

That's not how semantics work. If the "mainstream" uses a word a given way, that's just what the word means, regardless of its history.

Wait, wouldn't a fire-breathing dragon be a BAD match-up for Frankenstein?

I seriously have no problem with MovieBob doing the same thing as Cinemassacre, but he could atleast acknowledge James Rolfe.

Oh well, this was still entertaining.

Incredible Bullshitting Man:
With Cinemassacre´s Monster Madness and now this, october is starting look like a lot of fun. I´m very appoint, Bob.

I didn't even think to check Cinemassacre to see if it had started yet. Last year's was fucking awesome.

October is going to be fun.

Bob, i seriously hope that you have a show about "The Blob" in your arsenal this month.

ZOMG! That was totally Shimura Takashi in that movie! I just might have to see this!

omg pumpkins are awesome. Keep them forever.

The recreation of the Hiroshima bombing is really unbelievable. Are you trolling us, Bob? I know it's a sore spot in their culture to this day, and this would be like the US recreating the WTC attack for a Harold & Kumar movie.

Hoory for october!!!

Bwhaa?

Well, sure, why the hell not. Hey, if it's awesome and incredibly entertaining, then who am I to question this movie for being so batshit bonkers?

I'm lovin' the pumpkins too, much more festive.

A whole month of MONSTER MOVIES ARE WEIRD?

Sweet.

"Schlocktober."

Everytime I hear/see/read the word, I laugh.

Nerdstar:

Jbird:

nah hes talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Gargantuas

I have a strong feeling it'll be the former, but it's 50/50.

Stall:
No one is calling out MovieBob on blatantly ripping off James Rolfe? What a surprise.

Anyways, what a boring video. If I want to watch a webshow about horror movies in October, I'll stick to the one that's actually entertaining.

I would have, but it's no longer fun to troll after calling him out on doing the same video on the Japanese Ninja Turtles that MarzGurl had done. Plus, way too many people took what I said too seriously =P

Now I know where the incredible hulk stole it's crappy plot from

I remember spending my Summer Vacations watching Grandpa Munster every day at Noon hosting Super Scary Movies (reruns of the "Super Scary Saturday Movies" program) and it was always movies like these.

Nice to have a short reminder of how awesome these types of flicks are.

I am pretty sure he did this first episode about Frankenstein purposely. James Rolf is doing his annual Monster Madness and the first set of films he's reviewing is also the Frankenstein series. He also touches on the same point James does about Baragon in James Godzilla-thon.

Not sure how I feel about this show yet. Is it just following another James Rolfe Trend, or will he do something more original with it. Time will tell I suppose XD

Fappy:

Incredible Bullshitting Man:
With Cinemassacre´s Monster Madness and now this, october is starting look like a lot of fun. I´m very appoint, Bob.

I didn't even think to check Cinemassacre to see if it had started yet. Last year's was fucking awesome.

It was, and this year´s is looking pretty interesting too. The start of october is all about Frankenstein apparently.

IT'S THE BIG PICTURE'S MOOOONNNNNSTER MAAAAAMDENEEEEES !!

in all seriousness , I liked this episode. your "MOVIES..ARE...WEIRD!" episodes are always the one I enjoy the most. ^^

I wonder what movie you're gonna talk about next week ? :)

Looks good. I was waiting for some "Anti-thinker" thing, so that's very welcome. I'll be watching the next ones as well. Weird B movies? Weird B JAPANESE movies? Hell yeah ^^

Jbird:

Nerdstar:

Jbird:

nah, hes talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Gargantuas

once again not really, godzilla V.S. frankenstein was a CANCLLED film, that was going to be made before "frankenstein conquers the world"(it even says so on your wiki link that you provided) plus he said the giant octopus was part of the next movie hes going to talk about as bob in the said the alternate ending of Frankenstein vs. Baragon featured a battle between Frankenstein and the Giant Octopus; War of the Gargantuas begins with a battle between Gaira(the clone/son of frankenstein) and the Giant Octopus. so i'm willing to put pretty good money down that The War of the Gargantuas is the next film not Godzilla v.s frankenstein

Nerdstar:

Jbird:

Nerdstar:

nah, hes talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Gargantuas

once again not really, godzilla V.S. frankenstein was a CANCLLED film, that was going to be made before "frankenstein conquers the world"(it even says so on your wiki link that you provided) plus he said the giant octopus was part of the next movie hes going to talk about as bob in the said the alternate ending of Frankenstein vs. Baragon featured a battle between Frankenstein and the Giant Octopus; War of the Gargantuas begins with a battle between Gaira(the clone/son of frankenstein) and the Giant Octopus. so i'm willing to put pretty good money down that The War of the Gargantuas is the next film not Godzilla v.s frankenstein

Cool story, bro. But one can't assume that Bob will not talk about the aforementioned film, or at the very least mention it, regardless of it's existence. Also, I never said the movie wasn't cancelled.

And beginning a sentence with "I'm willing to bet..." doesn't mean I will be right 100% of the time. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. End of story.

toho frankenstien ftmfw

Wow, recreating the atomic bombing? Ho-lee crap!

Also, if you want a rationalization, Frankenstein created the monster, so the monster is kind of his son. Yeah, that works.

...and I might as well chime in on the Monster madness flamewar. What? are you only allowed to watch one internet personality do a halloween series?

Even if you defeat Pumpkinhead, there is no victory...There Is Only More Madness!

Looks like Bob beat the Horseless Headless Horseman.

Heh. This takes me back to the days when they used to air one of these delightfully trashy Japanese monster movies every Sunday... oh, how I loved them. :)

Those cheesy monster movies are the best! It's so much fun to watch those old horror movies :) I will be looking foward to your next recommendation Bob!

PUMPKIN BOB IS SO CUTE!
SOOO CUUUUTE!!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook