The Escapist Presents: Diablo 3: Introducing Quests and Classes

Diablo 3: Introducing Quests and Classes

Looking at the Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor and Wizard tackling the first few quests in the Diablo 3 beta.

Watch Video

How would one go about gaining himself entry to such a prestigious beta such as the likes of this one...?

Or is it too late?

Wait the wizard are weakest when it come from taking physical hits? I guess I need to read up each of the classes pros and cons. It look like the Witch Doctor will be my first class to play (I was going to make either that or the Wizard first depending on the available character slots we will get).

You SHOULD feel bad for that dead pun... very bad.

Anyways, to put it lightly, I'm fucking excited as all living hell for D3. It really does look like Blizz captured the spirit of the D2 perfectly.

I'm kind of disappointed at the lack of the amazon and paladin, but what can you do? The new class resources look really interesting as well.

I would hold up Blizzard HQ at gunpoint to get into the beta.

I WANNA FUCKING PLAY THIS GAME HOLY SHIT OH GOD.

Greg, You talk about an unreleased trailer showing the meteor. Could you be thinking of the very first cinematic from the game from 08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgbUSsblCSQ

Looks quite...addictive, i guess.
Damn shame about that action house and DRM stuff or whatnot.
But still... I'd like to play it...

Scarim Coral:
Wait the wizard are weakest when it come from taking physical hits?

Shocking, ain't it?

Jacob Haggarty:
How would one go about gaining himself entry to such a prestigious beta such as the likes of this one...?

Or is it too late?

If you have a battle.net account, you need go into the beta section of it, upload your system's specs via the tool provided, and check some boxes based on the betas you'd like to participate in. This requires you to have at least one game registered under the account, which can be done with a CD-Key entry, assuming you have a physical copy that's gathering dust anyway. Good way to make sure you have a virtual back-up available at any time, too.

The picking for the beta is random chance, though. However, since the release is early next year this thing is likely to last upward of five months or so, so there's really no reason not to opt in.

DwRedux:
Greg, You talk about an unreleased trailer showing the meteor. Could you be thinking of the very first cinematic from the game from 08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgbUSsblCSQ

Damn, I missed that three years ago. Thanks for sharing!

Greg

Psh. It's Barbarian, or get the fuck out.

Been playin him for 11 years....old habits die hard.

I really wish they'd brought the Necro back, too...I really like the whole "preserve the balance" backstory that they had. That, and his in game quotes were some of my favorite.

"Treasure hunting?...pah. Treasure FINDING...Yesssss...."

The witch Doctor. The WITCH DOCTOR!

I'm so playin with this as a Soundtrack.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here