Name Game: Robutt Arms

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Robutt Arms

If we don't have these in 16 years, I'm gonna be pissed.

Read Full Article

The one reason I keep away from retail is my low tolerance of punching people in the face for being wrong, but being adamant that they are right and that I am wrong. Many lives have been spared due to this decision.
If I had augments, it would be even worse.

Someone genuinely believed that a Zelda game was on the Xbox 360? I thought Zelda counted as common knowledge for gamers.

Oh man Extra Credits O:
I have to catch up with that. What's worse is when on launch day a parent would demand you to manifest Halo Reach for the Nintendo Wii... Yeah that was the longest hour my manager and I ever had >_>

Vault Citizen:
Someone genuinely believed that a Zelda game was on the Xbox 360? I thought Zelda counted as common knowledge for gamers.

You're confusing "gamers" with "people who buy and play games." Lots of folks who buy them are doing so as gifts for kids/husbands/friends, and couldn't tell you the first thing about them. And even people who play them don't know what goes on what system. Many first time purchasers are genuinely baffled that you can't play every game on every system. After all, if you buy a DVD, it'll play on any DVD player, so why should a game be any different? Blu-rays have helped with that a bit, thankfully; now the concept is a bit easier to explain.

The average gaming consumer neither knows, nor cares, about most of the stuff we take utterly for granted.

hehe, gotta love it when Luke goes all mad table flipper on that customer.

That panel alone cracked me up xD

Luke "I never asked for this!"

Susan Arendt:

Vault Citizen:

You're confusing "gamers" with "people who buy and play games." Lots of folks who buy them are doing so as gifts for kids/husbands/friends, and couldn't tell you the first thing about them. And even people who play them don't know what goes on what system. Many first time purchasers are genuinely baffled that you can't play every game on every system. After all, if you buy a DVD, it'll play on any DVD player, so why should a game be any different? Blu-rays have helped with that a bit, thankfully; now the concept is a bit easier to explain.

The average gaming consumer neither knows, nor cares, about most of the stuff we take utterly for granted.

You make an excellent point, Susan. I worked the register of my mall's GameStop a couple years ago and I had to deal with these kinds of people on a daily basis. It especially gets bad around the holidays because, as you said, people buy them as gifts and don't really know much about the different consoles or why some games are exclusives for each console. Even some gamers are clueless to the concept of exclusivity.

Hell, I remember this one time when some dude came up to the register and asked if we sold Halo 3: ODST for the PS3. I told him no, of course, and said that Halo was an Xbox exclusive franchise. I then recommended both Unreal Tournament 3 and Killzone 2 because he seemed to just want a shooter fix. Fortunately, he was fine with the letdown, and he walked out with Unreal about two minutes later.

It really breaks my heart to see this in modern day society. Hopefully the ever-expanding medium of digital distribution can avert these types of issues.

Susan Arendt:

Vault Citizen:

That is a fair point, after working in retail (at a place that used to rival blockbuster) myself you'd think I'd know better.

Leels:
Customer is always right I suppose?

No. No they are not. The customer is wrong unless they prove themselves right, and all they're owed is a fair chance to prove themselves right.

I really liked you're work in Extra Credits this week and you're comic. Keep up the good work

BlackFrost:
I really liked you're work in Extra Credits this week and you're comic. Keep up the good work

That. I REALLY liked the EC drawing, the Medic one was epic.

Technically, there was a Zelda game for 360: it just didn't star Link, took place on Earth, had crazy and messy Warhammer style designs, and was called Darksiders if I remember correctly.

Oh man, what I wouldn't give to make myself invisible at work... I'm surprised he'd ever turn that off.

I'm not at all surprised someone would ask for Zelda on the Xbox. I work in a craft store. I've had to explain how velcro works. Twice. I also got into an argument with a woman who'd gotten ahold of an ad early, and was arguing that it said 'on sale now' on the front, therefore everything should be on sale now. Yeah... people don't really surprise me anymore.

(And I was very happy to see yesterday's EC. Although I want to kick myself for not picking up on it being your art sooner.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15197124

Looks like it actually might happen, eventually anyway.

customer = king sigh whomever made that stupid rule should be shot

the abuse and accuse U while at work for everything if there mood is bad

DuelLadyS:
Oh man, what I wouldn't give to make myself invisible at work... I'm surprised he'd ever turn that off.

Of course he needs to turn it off. That invisible skill drains your batteries fast and he needs at least one battery to do a take-down on that annoying customer. :P

On-topic: I worked in retail in an Amusement Park years ago, and a lot of people that went there were freaking insane. Penny Arcade had a "Greater Internet F*ckwad Theory" based upon people acting anonymous online, but I think people just act like dicks as they don't consider other viewpoints.

last panel he should have been preparing to chuck a vending machine :)

Zelda for Xbox? You could have sold him Darksiders, and he would have never known the difference.

Voltano:

DuelLadyS:

Of course he needs to turn it off. That invisible skill drains your batteries fast and he needs at least one battery to do a take-down on that annoying customer. :P

On-topic: I worked in retail in an Amusement Park years ago, and a lot of people that went there were freaking insane. Penny Arcade had a "Greater Internet F*ckwad Theory" based upon people acting anonymous online, but I think people just act like dicks as they don't consider other viewpoints.

It doesn't actually say 'online'. I think it's just as relevant because the fuckwad in question here feels anonymous to the shop assistant he's shouting at. If he was there with a friend he might just become normal again.

I think there's nothing wrong with not knowing what console a Zelda game is on though. A lot of people just aren't invested enough into gaming to know that sort of thing.

Getting angry at shop workers is bad though. Bad customer. Bad.

It's not that most shop workers believe they already have 100% cloaking field activated all the time.

But having worked on the "other side of the shelf" as well I rather would have the augments for the "cinematic fatality takedown with automatic moppingup the floor before the boss notices"

Oh my goodness, that cloaking ability would be heavenly. It would make disappearing a lot easier (do you know how long it takes to become a ninja?).

Also, I loved the EC episode. I laughed out loud at a lot of it, which I don't usually do (the Post-Its and the Jeopardy images were lots of fun. I also like that the producer was identified by wearing a hat).

I'm also reeeeeally excited that Name Game will be still happening! Hooray!

Wow someone actually got mad at you as a Gamestop employee for telling them that you can't get Zelda on Xbox? Perhaps they were just trying to troll you or something. It's kind of similar to something that happened to me once. I was in a pub with a friend once and I was wearing my Zelda shirt and some random guy came up to me and started talking to me about Zelda because he recognised the logo, which was pretty cool. Then he said they should make Zelda for Xbox...

Fuck, I wnt Zelda for Xbox! CALL NINTENDO!

wow, thanks for helping out the Extra Creditz crew!

I bet that customer didn't ask for this >.>

Geez, reminds me when customers would ask for Mario games for Ps2

I came in here thinking this was about Solatorobo....how disappointed I was.

Who woundn't abuse those powers!
Ooh and so far your my favourite guest star/drawer on extra credits!

Haha that last pannel; (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Scrustle:
Wow someone actually got mad at you as a Gamestop employee for telling them that you can't get Zelda on Xbox? Perhaps they were just trying to troll you or something.

Nope. There's people in this world who hold completely illogical conclusions up as absolute truth and will be impossible to shake from their perch. Would you blame the person who sold you a laptop if it was unable to steal the neighbor's wifi? Would you blame the guy who sold you the car if you got drunk and drove it down a ravine a month later? I have seen these things happen.

But that can be blamed on ego or an absent sense of personal responsibility. Leaving ego out of it, some people can be convinced that they hugged Bugs Bunny on their trip to Disney World through nothing but hearing someone describe the event in evocative detail or viewing a Photoshopped ad. Yes, people will fold impossible events into their memories if you're a good enough liar.

If I had Deus Ex powers, that would just be the beginning.

By the way, you did a great job on Extra Credits. I had already seen the episode and was waiting for this comic to praise your work. And I'd love to see more of your work spread across the interwebz!

Susan Arendt:

Vault Citizen:

To be fair, the employee is not always perfect. I went to preorder a game at a Gamestop (The Old Republic for PC) and when I asked, the employees sat there for a few minutes and then told me that I couldn't preorder the game yet. This baffled me. Not only has Gamestop made it a policy to allow customers to preorder games faaaaarrr in advance without a release date for literally every game imaginable, I knew for a fact that I could preorder the game since the official site had announced the preorder bonuses. I then asked if they knew it was a PC game. Both employees thought it was gonna be multi-platform and were looking at the PS3 or 360 lists. Thankfully, I am an informed and polite customer.

Oh, and they forgot to give me my preorder code, so I had to go back the next day to get that.

Of course, I've seen far more uninformed mothers that had no idea what they were picking up, than idiot employees.

Formica Archonis:

Scrustle:
Wow someone actually got mad at you as a Gamestop employee for telling them that you can't get Zelda on Xbox? Perhaps they were just trying to troll you or something.

Nope. There's people in this world who hold completely illogical conclusions up as absolute truth and will be impossible to shake from their perch. Would you blame the person who sold you a laptop if it was unable to steal the neighbor's wifi? Would you blame the guy who sold you the car if you got drunk and drove it down a ravine a month later? I have seen these things happen.

But that can be blamed on ego or an absent sense of personal responsibility. Leaving ego out of it, some people can be convinced that they hugged Bugs Bunny on their trip to Disney World through nothing but hearing someone describe the event in evocative detail or viewing a Photoshopped ad. Yes, people will fold impossible events into their memories if you're a good enough liar.

Those people are called politicians. They're a scummy breed.

How'd he read an invisible magazine? lol.
I like the subtle joke about Deus Ex's colour scheme. :)

Great comic!
And your art in the Extra Credits episode is incredibly cute, really. Can I...can I give you a hug?

Well, technically you can play Zelda on the Xbox 360, if you the JTAG mod and download this http://www.ps3news.com/console-news/snes360-v0-21-super-nintendo-emulator-for-xbox-360-available/

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here