Miracle of Sound: The New Black Gold (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The New Black Gold (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)

Search my electric soul for the hidden man within.

Watch Video

Excellent song, loved the game even if it couldn't quite live up to the original.

Think you did the series justice with the style of music in this one, good mix of synths with the rock and the vocals were really well done.

Awesome song as usual, can't wait for next weeks song. I'm really hoping it will be Dark Souls.

Up there with your best, absolutly stunning, also I loved how you didnt stray too far from the soundtrack of the game.

Amazing work. Now I have to check your other songs as well. This one receives The Jensen seal of approval.

"Search my electric soul for the hidden man within" - I just love this line. Keep up the good work. And the beat in the background stayed true to the transhumanism theme of the game. It feels like this song should have been in the game, at least in the credits. Maybe we could mod it in the game if the song was released in mp3 format.

A tad laggy. I imagine it's because of the Wednesday afternoon traffic rush, but I didn't feel like sitting through another obnoxious Slim Jim commercial to reload.

Anyway, besides that one issue, it was a pretty enjoyable song. I look forward to seeing what you do next.

Great song, fit the atmosphere of the game quite well. But I didn't recognize some of that footage. Was that some of the pre-release stuff?

Very nice! I liked the careful use of video clips and as others said taking the time to match your style to the game.

not gonna lie, i think that just topped my favorites of yours, that was great and definitely caught the vibe i got from the game.

Something of a chilling feel to that one - sounds a little like lux aeterna from Requiem for a Dream...

*Damn actual shiver during the song * will probably put up there with Deus Ex theme song and Hong Kong market tune in my mind

although the gold and black title make it feel like its going to be a more light hearted song about the game look rather than something very poetic :P

Redem:

although the gold and black title make it feel like its going to be a more light hearted song about the game look rather than something very poetic :P

Yeah, it's a reference to human Augmentation being the new great commodity, or 'Black Gold' - I thought the idea fit in nicely with the colour scheme. :)

J03bot:
Something of a chilling feel to that one - sounds a little like lux aeterna from Requiem for a Dream...

High praise right there :)

Avaholic03:
Great song, fit the atmosphere of the game quite well. But I didn't recognize some of that footage. Was that some of the pre-release stuff?

Yeah, I ended up using a fair bit of trailer footage for this one. The songs mood and lyrics seemed much more focused on the setting and Jensen coming to cope with his argumentation than on the gameplay, and I was able to pull some better visuals from there than the footage I captured.

MiracleOfSound:

Redem:

The sudden realisation of this connection made my mind blow a little bit

You're on a roll Gavin! Redemption Blues was sw33t, and this is just as awesome!

Huh.

About a minute in I was already planning my comment. Something along the lines of, "Lovely lyrics, but the sound somehow doesn't quite fit the tone of the game."

However, it all ended up coming together nicely by the end. I really couldn't say why, since my knowledge of music amounts to, "Noise sound nice in ears." But damn if this particular noise didn't sound really nice.

So yeah, guess I'm a five-minute convert.

Ahh, fantastic song. With this, Redemption Blues, and Normandy, the next album is going to kick some serious ass.

very good song, i think the electronic/synth songs are where your strenghs are keep up the great work

Damn, this rivals Trip to Vegas for me. The lyrics were excellent too. Hell, everything was good, everything worked together so well. I always love your more electronic sounding songs.

Petty complaint - you didn't pronounce the first c in electric very clearly. Really petty complaint.

Wow! Just... WOW!

A great tune. Could use a few nice guitar riffs though.

A favourite song for a favourite game. Gavin, you have done yourself -and all of us- a great service in this song!

Loving the new song ^_^

I think you captured Jensen pretty well in this song.

Wow, this was really impressive.
I can say that this is an instant favorite for me. Well done.

Damn, this was good.
However it kinda seems like there should have been a third verse.
Hmm.

GAVIN Y U SO AWESOME?

Was looking forward to DX: HR song. To say you beat my expectations would be an understatement...I have a new favorite till your next song!

Right, then. "Trip to Vegas" has just been evicted from my custom-built "#1" pedestal.
Getting kinda scary, mate. Is there a limit to how much better you can get...? At all?

If there's anything I would have done differently... I probably would have tweaked the chorus to end on a minor chord instead of a major one; especially that bridge between verse and chorus set me up for a decidedly oppressive overtone, rather than the (imo) vaguely upbeat one it turned out to be.
But in the end, that may just be my faible for melancholy soundscapes talking. I still think this is your best song yet. :D

Damn you Gavin, it was hard enough to stop playing this game without this song making it even more awesome! :P Great song, keep up the great work :)

Amazing. Simply amazing. I wish I could say more, but damn, this was awesome.

Think it might be my new favorite. Didn't think anything could top Wheatly's Song for me.

Jensen would be proud!

Beautiful video, loved the gold "The Escapist" starting animation!

Beautiful song!

Must you make picking a favorite out of all your songs so difficult? Not that I'm complaining, but seriously, another great song week after week makes it difficult to wait for the next!

GiglameshSoulEater:
Damn, this was good.
However it kinda seems like there should have been a third verse.
Hmm.

Music writers try to make their songs short so people don't get tired of it which MoS does pretty well.

OT:Currently MoS is in a tie with Jonathan coulton at 1st place of my tastes

Excellent song, but the commercial music that came after made, well not a good effect. Not your (or really Escapists) fault but really that was a turn off, some commercials give me gag reflexes... this one did..

Great text only thing I'm missing is some outside chorus maybe, but that probably would be hard and/or cost money...

I feel like I've said this comment many a time before, but another amazing song MoS! Great work!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here