Miracle of Sound: The New Black Gold (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I really thought Redemption Blues would take some toping. Egg and my face are in alignment. totaly loved the cord progression and the melody. Fantastic. Kind of a dark ethereal feel that I enjoyed a lot. Really do belive these last two songs have been your best work. Top songwriting.

This did justice to the game. Dead on my friend :). Quick question who did the womans voice? It was a nice touch.

And another great song.
I'll be listening to this for a while!

Another piece of gold. Sounded new, kinda, something I haven't yet heard from MoS. Very much liked it.

Lines like "Colossal steeples to the gods in the machines" and the very title of the song itself really show that Gavin is a true gamer as well as a master of the musics. Jolly good show my man!

Great job Miracle.
The song fit the game perfectly, and the lyrics were amazing.
Plus, the music work was well done. I look forward to this coming out on iTunes, and the next CD.

Slycne:

Avaholic03:
Great song, fit the atmosphere of the game quite well. But I didn't recognize some of that footage. Was that some of the pre-release stuff?

Yeah, I ended up using a fair bit of trailer footage for this one. The songs mood and lyrics seemed much more focused on the setting and Jensen coming to cope with his argumentation than on the gameplay, and I was able to pull some better visuals from there than the footage I captured.

You did a great job. One of the best videos so far, fit the song really well.

Also, Why don't you guys do commercials? The last couple of songs have made me want to go out and buy/replay the game that moment.

me to never played demon souls but I plan on getting this one in the near future.

Disaster Button:

Petty complaint - you didn't pronounce the first c in electric very clearly. Really petty complaint.

Search my ele-tric soul! (sic) :D

phoenixbeast:
Must you make picking a favorite out of all your songs so difficult? Not that I'm complaining, but seriously, another great song week after week makes it difficult to wait for the next!

I feel the same. I can never really pick my favourites... BUT the next song that's coming is my favourite of my gaming songs and has been since I made it 3 months ago ;)

TimeLord:
Beautiful video, loved the gold "The Escapist" starting animation!

Beautiful song!

You can thank Justin Clouse for that awesome visual effect - it blew my socks off when I saw it!

Irridium:
Amazing. Simply amazing. I wish I could say more, but damn, this was awesome.

Think it might be my new favorite. Didn't think anything could top Wheatly's Song for me.

<3 Thanks Riddy

Sonicron:

If there's anything I would have done differently... I probably would have tweaked the chorus to end on a minor chord instead of a major one; especially that bridge between verse and chorus set me up for a decidedly oppressive overtone, rather than the (imo) vaguely upbeat one it turned out to be.
But in the end, that may just be my faible for melancholy soundscapes talking. I still think this is your best song yet. :D

I hear you, thing is I'm utterly addicted to that chord sequence, the Em, D, A, or Bm, A, E - it sounds dreamy to me :D

This song reaches down to my soul. That's how catchy and powerful it is. Very well made, with excellent toning and the beating going perfectly well with this type of game. Besides the Dead Space 2 song, I think this became my #2 favorite song of all. Props to you man.

Now to download it into my MP3. Perfect.

I love how this perfectly captures the feel of Deus Ex's soundtrack. Very thoughtful lyrics, very cool melodies and harmonies. Well done, sir.

Freaking Quality song dude!

Favourite song, by far.
Amazing work :)

When I saw this one was about DE:HR, I thought "please, please, please let it be a good song..."
I should'a known better. All your songs are so far beyond just being good that we need new superlatives.

p.s. I've made it my personal goal to get one of your songs played on national radio. It's not fair that all those people are living thier lives not knowing about miracle of Miracle of Sound.

ForensicYOYO:
This did justice to the game. Dead on my friend :). Quick question who did the womans voice? It was a nice touch.

Lol... that's my voice in falsetto, I did all the vocals!

colostomizer:

p.s. I've made it my personal goal to get one of your songs played on national radio.

Right on brother! Now there's a goal I can support ;)

I never asked for this...... but I'm glad its here :)

I never thought I'd ever put something made by an escapist user on my iPod, but I'll be damned if I don't have a bunch of your songs.
And add one more to that pile. Keep up the musical awesomeness, my good sir.

It's official Gavin, You are even more awesome than before. I loved Human Revolution in just about every way. Loved the passion I heard in those vocals, and the synth rock melded beautifully with it. When this hits iTunes, you have a guaranteed purchase.

I don't really watch Miracle of Sound because I didn't like the first few songs, but this was really really good! Its going to be stuck in my head for a while...you may have just earned a regular viewer.

I bought this game past saturday and it's tormenting me since i can't play it until monday... and now this happens! D:

Even if i haven't played the game this song is still gonna be stuck in my head for the next two weeks. Been humming/singing Redemption Blues the last couple weeks too...

Glad to say you make good songs stick in my head! :D

Gav.... Christ dude.... give us normal folks a chance. We can't compete with awesomeness on such a scale.

Another great song!

I thought this fit really well with the way the game is styled and actually reminds me of some of the music from that game.

Didn't like this one first time hearing it. Grew on me already on the second time listening to it. Now its one of my favorites :) I swear it reminds me of some 90's song though, but can't put my finger on which one.

Would it be possible to do a song about Gran Turismo 5? I know its not a new game, but asking anyways, as it has a special place in my hearth :)

EDIT: Oh, I guess its the original Deus ex theme it reminds me of. 2000.."90's"..close enough :P

Fantastic song. You are an excellent artist. Is there any way I can buy your music?

This... is bloody amazing. Is there somewhere you can buy an mp3? I can't afford the whole disk they've got out.

Synek:
Jensen would be proud!

The Jensen is proud.

As usual, I find your moody pieces to be my favorites. This is wonderful.

MiracleOfSound:

ForensicYOYO:

Lol... that's my voice in falsetto, I did all the vocals!

Hehe! All those radscorpions helping you with your girly voice? ;)

To be honest, Journey and I both asked a similar question after we heard this. I would call that a compliment. :)

Crap. I hate having to re-use phrases on a regular basis, it makes me feel like I'm not using the full extent of what the English language has to offer.

But there really are no other words I can use to describe this song. I used the same words to describe Wasteland Soul and Little Sister. And they are truly appropriate here.

Hauntingly beautiful.

The lyrics really captured the atmospheric sense of what the game conveyed (to me at least) and the music just felt . . . right.

"Search my electric soul for the hidden man within." *shudders*

Thank you. Just . . . . thank you.

Fiz_The_Toaster:

I thought this fit really well with the way the game is styled and actually reminds me of some of the music from that game.

Glad you noticed. The intro buzzing synth is meant to sound like the one from the first mission in the original game (The Statue Of Liberty level) and the chord sequence in the verses is similar to the main theme in Human Revolution!

TornadoFive:

Hauntingly beautiful.

<3

meganmeave:

Hehe! All those radscorpions helping you with your girly voice? ;)

Take that, people who complain that my voice always sounds the same!

Also, yes, that damn New Vegas area raised my voice (and blood pressure) permanently by about 3 octaves.

Mogget128723:
This... is bloody amazing. Is there somewhere you can buy an mp3? I can't afford the whole disk they've got out.

It'll be on Itunes and bandcamp.com in 14 days!

Grim5i:
Fantastic song. You are an excellent artist. Is there any way I can buy your music?

Yep, just search for Miracle Of Sound on Itunes, Bandcamp, Zune or Amazon mp3

I haven't even played DE:HR yet and this is my favorite MoS tune :)

Best MoS song in ages, this one didn't feel as samey as the last few, glad I checked back.

EDIT: The song just got better and better towards the end, well worth buying if you ask me!

I've been waiting for DE:HR song ever since you've said that you'd like to write one. It blew my mind. Not only it fits the game's mood but it is also very different from what you usually do - I know this hardly makes any sense since all your songs are in different genres, but it just feels different from your previous work. More professional or sophisticated maybe, I don't know. So very beautiful, refined, sexy even... I'll be in my bunk.

Phenomenal.

This song drove me to re-listen to the rest of your creations;

Necromorph Soup, Santiago's Lament and Mortal Kombat Party are the stand up ones for me.

The New Black Gold is on another level though - I haven't stopped listening to it, captures the soul of the world that fascinates me perfectly.

This is your BEST work so far! Thank you for cheering me up after hearing the tragic news about steve jobs by reminding me that there are still awesome people alive today! Looking forward to the next one (Hopefully Bill Gates doesn't die on us on the same day it's relased!)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here