Miracle of Sound: The New Black Gold (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I think Little Sister is still my favourite, but having said that this song has not yet had the chance to fully grow on me.

Amazing work as usual Mr. Dunne!

You've made me love another song based on a game I haven't even played yet. I'm adding this one to the long list of favorite songs by you and now I really want to give Deus Ex: Human Revolution a chance. Thank you for making such consistently amazing music.

Amazing song! Bravo! One of your best!

Taynas:
I'm adding this one to the long list of favorite songs by you and now I really want to give Deus Ex: Human Revolution a chance.

You will not regret it.

As for the song - it's up there with Commander Shephard and Gordon Freeman saved my Life.

Pretty light and dreamy compared to the original atmosphere, but strangely enough it totally works for me.

That said, I think this would, mainly sound-wise, fit GITS greatly.

Taynas:
You've made me love another song based on a game I haven't even played yet. I'm adding this one to the long list of favorite songs by you and now I really want to give Deus Ex: Human Revolution a chance. Thank you for making such consistently amazing music.

I'm considering myself pretty objective on what Human Revolution can and cannot do (liked it a great deal while playing, but relativized that feeling in retrospect); if you're still unsure, you're free to send me a PM and tell me what you're looking for and I can tell you what you can expect from DXHR.

Damn, great song. The slight upbeat undercurrents in the song mirrors my feel of the game. Sure the setting is dystopian but the people Jensen works with seem like genuine (if maybe a tad naive/misguided) idealist.

Is it just me, or are the non-humorous songs better?

Okay. This has more then convinced me to pick up Revolution. But listen, guys. In the future, I will make a animated series, and I will pay to use this song as the theme. It is just that good. This, in it's purest form, is an orgasm for the ears. I am wreaked with pleasure everytime I listen to it. Thank you MoS. Thank you for being awesome.

Very nice! Well done.

Okay this one might actually rival some of the other songs you sung that I really liked. Wasteland soul and Hawke.

I liked this song so much, I used it to fire dance.
Your song goes really well with fire, just saying. It's pretty badass.

MiracleOfSound:
I hear you, thing is I'm utterly addicted to that chord sequence, the Em, D, A, or Bm, A, E - it sounds dreamy to me :D

Heh. I know what you mean - some chord sequences can literally strike a nerve (in a good way). Am, C, F does the trick for me :)

I'm on to you, Miracle of Sound.

You've become more machine than man! Twisted and awesome....

That brooding, electronic opening is incredible.

I love love love the synth backing and it gels in perfectly with the brooding, epic quality of the song. So much energy and power to it while at the same time remaining sleek, dark and mysterious.

I haven't managed to pick the game up, but seeing as how you only make songs about stuff you care about, I think I'll definitely have to have a look.

Loved your lines 'Colossal steeples to gods in the machines' Lovely touch. (for those not in the know, the DE name comes from 'Deus Ex Machina'- god from the machine)

The song is weirdly making me want to watch Blade Runner actually...

This song is what I want the future to sound like.
Absolutely fantastic, Gavin!! :D

Games may not be considered art but they can bloody well inspire it! Well done good sir, you're a credit to the gaming and music community, the world would be a bleaker place without you, keep up the good work. *Tips hat*

Great work as always.

Sonicron:

Heh. I know what you mean - some chord sequences can literally strike a nerve (in a good way). Am, C, F does the trick for me :)

The chorus in this song has a wonderful AM, C, F (or Bm, D, G but you get me) sequence for you, complete with dreamy acoustic guitar overlayer:

Plus it has cowbell... which is always win.

Boba Frag:

Thank you :)

That part is meant to sound a bit like the Statue Of Liberty level music is the first Deus Ex

Boba Frag:

Loved your lines 'Colossal steeples to gods in the machines' Lovely touch. (for those not in the know, the DE name comes from 'Deus Ex Machina'- god from the machine)

Probably because Vangelis's Blade Runner theme was a huge influence on both the Deus Ex music and my own!

And I do love it when people pay attention to the lyrics and spot the little things like that :)

MiracleOfSound:

Sonicron:

The chorus in this song has a wonderful AM, C, F (or Bm, D, G but you get me) sequence for you, complete with dreamy acoustic guitar overlayer:

-video snip-

Plus it has cowbell... which is always win.

That's... fucking awesome. Mate, you just put a positive spin on the crapfest that is my day. Thanks for that. :)

Sonicron:

That's... fucking awesome. Mate, you just put a positive spin on the crapfest that is my day. Thanks for that. :)

yeah, Guns N Roses always put a smile on my face too :)

You are very good man. Really good.

MiracleOfSound:

Boba Frag:

Thank you :)

That part is meant to sound a bit like the Statue Of Liberty level music is the first Deus Ex

Boba Frag:

Probably because Vangelis's Blade Runner theme was a huge influence on both the Deus Ex music and my own!

And I do love it when people pay attention to the lyrics and spot the little things like that :)

I spotted the Vangelis influence alright, really feels like you've made a more than worthy successor to his Blade Runner awesomeness! ;)

Spotting that nice little touch was my pleasure, man.
Listening to it again, now! :D

can't wait for this to go up on bandcamp.

EDIT:

Fair is fair, please pass on my admiration for the work your video producer did. It's an incredible achievement that song's power has imagery to match. It's narrative fits the song seamlessly.

This song undulated so fittingly under the crust of the planet Dipipipipip #361 that the rhythmic Dragon Firefighters of Kan'dare'lorio lept out from their marble encrusted thrones of pure Ununoctium and proclaimed "YEAH!" with mighty roars. Which either means that the song was amazing or that they were all out of pineapple.

I'm thinking it was the former.

(because I have no ear/experience to dish out constructive praise/criticism regarding music you'll just have to live with these absurd compliments)

Herrsunk:
This song undulated so fittingly under the crust of the planet Dipipipipip #361 that the rhythmic Dragon Firefighters of Kan'dare'lorio lept out from their marble encrusted thrones of pure Ununoctium and proclaimed "YEAH!" with mighty roars. Which either means that the song was amazing or that they were all out of pineapple.

I'm thinking it was the former.

(because I have no ear/experience to dish out constructive praise/criticism regarding music you'll just have to live with these absurd compliments)

Your comments always have the beardiest of verbal supernovas on these threads.

You continue to impress me! Brilliant! Really dug the lyrics this time, too!

You are truly my new hero. This song was amazing!

Definitely a new favorite. I really like how some of the feel of the game's soundtrack was captured, seeing as I loved it.

This is going right up there along with Shepard :D

Haven't quite been sold on Miracle of Sound until now.
This is definitely my favorite to date, great song this.

How long does it usually take for a song to show up on Bandcamp? Would I be right in assuming it's when the next song comes out, or...? Because I really want to hear this one in all its Flaccy glory.

i very much enjoyed the new song

i have never found a song i didn't like

Great new song,it definitely ramped up to my top list.

Keep 'em coming Mr.Dunne! :D

So when can we expect to see this song on Bandcamp and iTunes? I hope it's soon because I want to jam to this while playing the upcoming Missing Link DLC.

Darth Rahu:
So when can we expect to see this song on Bandcamp and iTunes? I hope it's soon because I want to jam to this while playing the upcoming Missing Link DLC.

On Wed the 19th! Always on the day the next song comes out here :)

SirCannonFodder:
How long does it usually take for a song to show up on Bandcamp? Would I be right in assuming it's when the next song comes out, or...? Because I really want to hear this one in all its Flaccy glory.

Yep, you're right .

"gods in the machines"

ICWUTUDIDTHAR.

I just can't stop listening to this over and over, this is your best song this far.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here