Critical Miss: Spudden Death

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Spudden Death

Yukon see what i did there.

Read Full Article

That is a point I will bring up in conversation the next time such a converstation rolls around.

I must admit that I hope that I do not find myself in a conversation about noob tubing any time in the future.

Logic does not apply to CoD fanboys.

The Great JT:

Nothing applies to CoD fanboys.

Oh I clearly see what you did there, clever ;)

A most humorous point and image.

Noobtubery is still a billion times more annoying, though. People have to be close to kill you with the knife. They can be ANYWHERE and kill you with the noobtube.

I don't understand CoD rules.
Half the perks and weapons are banned on most servers, and people will complain about grenades, knives, quick-scoping, hard-scoping, no-scoping, shotguns, desert eagles...

It's irritating.

At least the knife requires line-of-sight and only works at close range.

Here's the reason:
Noobtubing for dummies:
1. Turn gun in general direction of target, regardless of distance
2. Fire
3. 1-Shot Kill

Knifing for dummies
1. Come up close to an enemy, while avoiding fire from the target and possibly others
2. Turn directly towards the target
3. Make sure to account for target's movement speed
4. Knife
5. 1-Shot Kill

Quite clearly Noobtubing is more overpowered :P

Yet somehow, it's usually not the tubers who top the scoreboard.

I love me some tubing, but if i'm going for a good score, i'll go with an assault rifle or the ump instead.

DasDestroyer:
Knifing for dummies
1. Come up close to an enemy, while avoiding fire from the target and possibly others
4. Knife
5. 1-Shot Kill

Have you ever knifed someone in CoD? Because from my personal experience you dont actually have to be standing that close. Especially with the lightweight and marathon perks, knifing is way more overpowereded than noobtubing.

DasDestroyer:
Here's the reason:
Noobtubing for dummies:
1. Turn gun in general direction of target, regardless of distance
2. Fire
3. 1-Shot Kill

Knifing for dummies
4. Knife
5. 1-Shot Kill

This argues otherwise:

Scytail:

DasDestroyer:
Knifing for dummies
4. Knife
5. 1-Shot Kill

Have you ever knifed someone in CoD? Because from my personal experience you dont actually have to be standing that close. Especially with the lightweight and marathon perks, knifing is way more overpowereded than noobtubing.

DasDestroyer:
up close

I never said you have to be groping him to do it.
I constantly do, in fact I have an entire class dedicated to it. But first of all I was comparing the two without any perks, and even with perks unless I walk up from behind or catch the enemy off-guard I often end up with a mouthful of bullets. Meanwhile noobtubes get you kills all the way across the map with no line of sight.

Edit:

Triangulon:

This argues otherwise:

Sadly, I can't watch that atm as my school blocks youtube.

Shhhhh! Don't try to get the CoD players to think the Noob Toob isn't nooby, it's so fun trolling with is.

The way I figure is... you can do one of two things:

1. Play with the OP broken weapons and completely destroy the other team always.
2. Bitch about it on the forums, until it never gets fixed while you constantly are wrecked over and over...

I know which one I would choose. ^.^

Klonoa Prower:
The way I figure is... you can do one of two things:

1. Play with the OP broken weapons and completely destroy the other team always.
2. Bitch about it on the forums, until it never gets fixed while you constantly are wrecked over and over...

I know which one I would choose. ^.^

Pretty much this
It all depends on where you personally draw the line. Some people say that the only non-noob combo is a weak and unmodded assault rifle with no useful perks, others are willing to use slightly better things and strategies. The only things I consider "too noobish" for me are camping and tubing :P

Seriously, if you have a problem with a weapon in a game, then just stop playing the game, because no matter how much you whine, you won't get people to stop doing something that works. It's not the players fault, it's the developers.

Triangulon:

DasDestroyer:
snip

This argues otherwise:

If someone killed me like that, I would humbly give him/her a slow clap, shut down my console and call it a day... Skill be damn

It was worse, as far as I could tell, in MW2 where you had fucking Commando. It basically let you teleport to you intended target. from half the fucking map.

You know what this strip amounts to....... thats right, lumpy potatoes. No one wants them and they complain.

The Great JT:

Nor does it apply to CoD haters.

OT: They're both OP. I'd love to see the weapon bash come back, though.

-Samurai-:

The Great JT:

Nor does it apply to CoD haters.

OT: They're both OP. I'd love to see the weapon bash come back, though.

YES! Bring back the damn weapon dash, assholes! Fuck the knife, I want a good old weapon bash from COD2 days.

Still, the noobtube is not only more overpowered but also more annoying. Providing your enemy is NOT running painkiller and commando, you are to blame when you get knifed. Noobtubes on the other hand? Take a shit player and give him the noobtube. Suddenly, hes on top of the score board.

(song starts at 00:30, the uploader is an asshole but its still a good song)

But if you're in stabbing distance, and a trained soldier like the characters in Call of Duty, wouldn't every stab be fatal? Maybe not immediately, but this stab to the foot she described would probably be to either your Achilles' Tendon or your Tibial Artery, which would result in either quick death in the latter, or the prone position from the Second Chance Perk in the former.

But, in the same vein, how can you whine about a military-issue grenade killing you?

From my experience its because its easy to shoot the nade launcher and get a random kill but throwing knifes its rare yet more effective if done right. Also melee isn't considered bull because everyone carries that same advantage equally. Thats how Ive always seen it.

Black Ops had Flak Jacket for this very reason.

*Enter Salesman voice*

"Are you tired of those pesky noobtubes? Want to go on a killstreak without worrying about dying from one rocket to the face? Then Flak Jacket is for you! No need to worry about any one explosive anymore! Just put on Flak Jacket and WE GUARANTEE that you will never die from one explosive at full health*"

*Warning: Does not include being stuck by an explosive crossbow bolt and/or Semtex. Batteries not included.

Which is why I don't undertand the Black Ops hate. Black Ops fixed every complaint everyone had with previous CoDs that have plagued the series since CoD4, Killstreaks nonwithstanding.

It's the most balanced CoD game, yet people have a huge vehemence for it, for no logical reason.
And no, "It's Treyarch" doesn't hold up as a logical reason.

I don't recall many complaints about the grenade launcher in COD4 to be honest.I think the hatred for it started thanks to the stupid perk combos in MW2 such as One Man Army + Danger Close which gave you an infinite supply of 'nades which were twice as powerful

Melee has always been overpowered though in my opinion.I much prefer Gears melee system.Apart from the Lancer's chainsaw and now the Retro Lancer bayonet charge(which can be tricky to pull off)a melee hit from most weapons will only damage you if you have full health.It usually takes 2 hits to down someone and a third to finish them off

GaltarDude1138:

Which is why I don't undertand the Black Ops hate. Black Ops fixed every complaint everyone had with previous CoDs that have plagued the series since CoD4, Killstreaks nonwithstanding.

It's the most balanced CoD game, yet people have a huge vehemence for it, for no logical reason.

From what I've seen, the Black Ops complaints are largely based on 'OMG there are so many CoD games stop whoring out your franchise Activision!'
It's possible that I should have put some spelling mistakes in there.

Way I see it, if it's still selling, people still want it. Although once MW3 is done, I kind of hope they strip out the campaign entirely and sell the thing for 1/2-3/4 of the full price as a result. They clearly won't stop producing the games, but removing the SP saves a lot of time and effort both on development and on behalf of those who want to whine about it.

I'm a little ashamed at how long it took me to spot the gag here, but damn that's funny. Also at least in Black Ops there isn't a bunch of perks and loadouts that make knifing actually have about the same effective range of a shotgun, but better firing rate and the ability to abandon all pretense of using guns without sacrificing your K/D ratio.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! You awakened the...

They're both overpowered, screw them both.

So, the grenade launcher is a weapon that was programmed into the game by the developers just like any other weapon, it simply does exactly what you would expect a grenade launcher to do, and yet anyone who employs it as a valuable tactical maneuvre is a 'noob'? By this logic I would also like to add the M-60 as a noob weapon. Damned thing can shoot through walls, kill with just 2 or 3 hits, and as my asshole brother demonstrated, the simple addition of a UAV every couple of minutes means you will only ever be able to attack it head on. That's more noobish than any grenade launcher.

GaltarDude1138:

Im not sure if I would call it the most balanced. The killstreaks pretty much screwed up any semblance of balance that the game had. They said hey remember all those overpowered killstreaks in mw,2 ya were gonna make cheaper and more overpowered ones.

My biggest beef with Black Ops was that they royally fucked up sniping and the hit box.

Satsuki666:

GaltarDude1138:

Im not sure if I would call it the most balanced. The killstreaks pretty much screwed up any semblance of balance that the game had. They said hey remember all those overpowered killstreaks in mw,2 ya were gonna make cheaper and more overpowered ones.

My biggest beef with Black Ops was that they royally fucked up sniping and the hit box.

How did they fuck up sniping? Is it the scope drift when you bring up the scope because that's a non issue of you snipe properly, I've gone 68:1 sniping so it can't be that bad.

GaltarDude1138:

In this article, Sir Carter tells us that BlOps is the best-selling instance of the series. So if you go by "largest amount of people" instead of "most vocal, and also annoying", it seems that newcomers are convinced by their peers that BlOps is the better choice. (I'm just assuming that MW2 is selling at less than full price nowadays, yet people still buy the more expensive one for reasons I'm not concerned about)

The only thing good with CoD (in my own esports opinion) is CoD4 Promod, and CoD2. Killstreaks and unlocks just kills the game for me. Black ops was dead on arrival, because it had no proper server support or mod tools (and there's no damn way the default gamemode is good enough for any serious competitive play..), but so was BF:BC2 and MoH 2010, so I declare myself unbiased :P

Shooter logic: There is none.

I want this comic as a T-shirt. Maybe as a poster, as well. I don't even play CoD, it just annoys me when people complain about other people using a "broken[1]" mechanic. This is one of the few cases where "don't hate the player, hate the game" is a valid response, because if it's really as broken as the players are claiming it is, they need to move onto something with better game design. There are plenty of well balanced, multiplayer online shooters with active player bases out there -- and most of them have better netcode than CoD to boot, so, you know, another area where CoD is broken and they aren't. I have no idea why people who so clearly hate a game stick with it so fervently.

[1] and it's almost never really broken

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or