LoadingReadyRun: Cruise Vacation

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Cruise Vacation

Is there, in fact, an upper tolerance for buffets?

Watch Video

To quote Warren Zevon: "I never take vacations".

A hundred two week cruise vacations?! I could barely survive one, let alone 100! Truly, it is the ultimate punishment.

I guess, they also don't get a trial this way.

That...was a highly unexpected twist.

Just think of all the people you'd meet! ...Again. And again.

Next episode involves them sabotaging the ship and turning it into a Gilligan's Island scenario. Except, you know, it's a slightly longer cruise and all.

i hope this becomes the new punishment system around the world that would be awsome

Yeah still confused.

That was awesome. Great episode, but I can't seem to remember the wilder-beast preservation fund. Was it part of an older video, or just something made up on the spot.

I hate cruise ships. :(
So boring, and boring and boring.

bor3ds0ul:
I hate cruise ships. :(
So boring, and boring and boring.

When prison is a better alternative, you know you've done something terribly wrong.

Sounds eerily like a glorified version of the nazi-german "camping-trips"...

On a different note; does the ship have anti-piracy/terrorist measures? A large, self-sufficient cruise-ship filled with wealthy westerners like that would be a very big, obvious target for those armed with discarded soviet warfare-equipment, a lack of money and hate for those who have it.

I remember going on a cruise when I was younger. Think I pretty much just ate pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And played in the arcade. Ahh, Virtual On... how I miss you.

I was expecting a cruise ship full of Tom Cruise look-a-likes. Instead I got something that actually was good.

Brilliant video!

Calumon: This is why I like flying. ^^

The ending COMPLETELY blindsided me. When I saw...Graham's character, I thought it was going to be some sort of mob connection.

Prison ships!

Brilliant!

John the Gamer:
On a different note; does the ship have anti-piracy/terrorist measures? A large, self-sufficient cruise-ship filled with wealthy westerners like that would be a very big, obvious target for those armed with discarded soviet warfare-equipment, a lack of money and hate for those who have it.

Someone might hire mercenaries to abduct them.

I actually enjoyed the cruise I went on. Though it sucked because the last night, we caught the tail-end of hurricane irene. Try sleeping when the ship is rising and dropping at least 15 feet all night. >_>

And you know how they actually make it cheaper? They don't include all the tips with the 'prize!' Seriously, I think for a 5 night cruise, it cost a couple hundred dollars in tips alone.

A great skit.

This is genius. I actaully LOLed.

oh i never get tired of these videos.

It's amazing how this became more and more of a torture as the episode went on. Dear God, 4 years on a Cruise boat.

If they don't make a new episode in four years in which they return from their cruise vacations, I'm losing all respect for these guys.

Nah, that's not true at all. This was so bizarre, the setup reminded me a lot of the "Orphan Trivia" from The State.

Hah! I found it: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4c0ef14d08/mind-match-by-the-state-from-greatest-comedy-sketches

Is it odd that I'd take the 25 weeks? Mmmm.

At the end of the movie I thought to myself:

"Wait what happened to Due Process?"

And then this scene popped into my head:

Ah memories.

It's kinda depressing that they're actually accurate on the cruise method being cheaper... What on earth are we thinking!

That was pure Paul Saunders' crazy writing alright! Man, that had me freaked out! I *hate* boats!! Yeeesh, you just described my own personal hell with all those cruises! lol

Also, excellent stuff from Matt. Waaay cheerful creepy!
Graham looming up behind the two people at the door was hilarious... Brilliant stone face!

Lifted me up after a truly horrific, shitty Monday.

Oh wow, that final twist... I guess a cruise would turn into a prison sentance if it dragged on long enough, wonder who else is on that boat...

I knew they where guilty of something! You could tell it from the way she held the frying pan // Paul does get the weirdest ideas for videos

-M

This would work, but if they don't know why they're being punished, they won't learn anything...

just sayin.

2xDouble:
This would work, but if they don't know why they're being punished, they won't learn anything...

just sayin.

When their term is up, explain to them why they were sentenced to luxury hell and then warn them if they get caught doing something illegal again they'll get the returning customer bonus package.

Kenami:

50 weeks. 25 back-to-back two-week vacations are 50 weeks.

Wasn't expecting the end. I liked it a lot.

Redlin5:

2xDouble:

just sayin.

When their term is up, explain to them why they were sentenced to luxury hell and then warn them if they get caught doing something illegal again they'll get the returning customer bonus package.

Then give them a hug and a cookie. Because that's important positive reinforcement for little ones. heh.

Nostalgia Ripoff:
A hundred two week cruise vacations?! I could barely survive one, let alone 100! Truly, it is the ultimate punishment.

The one thing you need to survive cruise tours: A laptop loaded up with your own entertainment. I would have gone mad with boredom without it+an external HDD.

Anyway, if this were like my other cruise trips, ie, spending a day or two in different ports and having aforementioned laptop+HDD with me, I'd quite like it. But this? Yeah, this is a pretty effective punishment.

Also, Graham is surprisingly imposing for someone wearing a shirt like that.

Kenami:

it wasent 25 weeks. It was 25 2-week vacations making it 50 weeks.
I would have taken it if the cruise had internet.

A wonderful twist at the end. Brilliant. :3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or