Tales from the Table: Chapter 14: A Tale of a Siren's Call

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Chapter 14: A Tale of a Siren's Call

The Adventurers have only one item left to find. What evils and temptations will they have to overcome in order to succeed?

Watch Video

I was only slightly confused at what the heck I watched in the first few minutes.

O_o

So that's what it looks like when women play D&D...

That was literally insane. I have no idea why the first two and a half minutes or so were a really creepy gamer music video, but it was awesome. Maybe Yahtzee's just been getting lazy lately, but this is clearly now my favorite show here. Too bad it comes out so infrequently, but quality takes time. Thanks!

-1 virtue for looting a monk? Lame! If role playing games have taught me anything, it's loot everything. EVERYTHING.

And I too was only slight confused by the first few minutes. The end of that sequence was great, though. XD

I wish this was weekly and not every other week.

I laughed so damn hard at monk looting part, reminds me way to much of some people I do D&D with they'd kill a peasant and expect to get something beyond raggedy clothes and weird looks.

Mariena:
I was only slightly confused at what the heck I watched in the first few minutes.

O_o

I don't blame ya!
For a moment... I thought I clicked on the wrong link.

Best episode yet and I'm not talking about the guys picturing how her friends played it! I wonder what the monk knew about those gems.

I soo want that song at the start of the episode

That Brodyquest had me laughing for a good five minutes

monks always were overpowered. lol!

Rufus' lines always crack me up "want to see my whirling dervish?" and "i'll be the one doing the groping around here!" great stuff keep up the great high quality work

This episode just kept going from strength to strength. :)

So... Had they not slain him; would the monk have given Cer the sword, upon seeing the gems? :7

THIS SERIES IS SO AMAZING!

It is beyond words how good this is! Every time I see new a episode out I squeal with joy! And this episode is even better than the last few! If you ever stopped this series, I kid you not, I might cry.

War Penguin:
-1 virtue for looting a monk? Lame! If role playing games have taught me anything, it's loot everything. EVERYTHING.

And I too was only slight confused by the first few minutes. The end of that sequence was great, though. XD

pfft yeah if gaming has taught me anything its loot everything as well since there is always the chance of finding something on even a nude body for example i once looted a +2 cold iron long sword from a dire wolf, hell if that monk has been around 3k years he must at least have a belt of storm giant strength or boots of haste or even an amulet of concentration

The only thing I don't like about this series is how it seems to be ending. You guys should seriously consider a season 2.

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME.

THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY.

Yeah... Wow. That opening was starting to creep me out, but about halfway through I figured out what was probably going on... And sure enough, that turned out to be pretty accurate.

From there it was awesome as usual. XD

This was by far the funniest episode yet, what with the whole thing at the beginning and the Brodyquest thing. Then with the Monk looting at the end. The battle with the Monk was also pretty cool.

- ... and not one man has been able to defeat me.
- We are not one man!
LMAO

Also, I did not see that first scene coming.
"Well... the fruit is good for you."

As always great series and this only leaves me wanting more. If I cosplay I am going to be Rufus!

I'm A Guest Star! Cnurgi Is Famous Now! But Not In The Credits? :(

Ahhh, the magical bag of the Wizard MacGuffin!

That was epic. Though I can't help but wonder if there might be a curse on that bag... Infinite stuff = high price. I guess?

Also: Did you hire a cgi/special effects company to help out? It looks awesome.

iblis666:

War Penguin:

pfft yeah if gaming has taught me anything its loot everything as well since there is always the chance of finding something on even a nude body for example i once looted a +2 cold iron long sword from a dire wolf, hell if that monk has been around 3k years he must at least have a belt of storm giant strength or boots of haste or even an amulet of concentration

He's a monk. If he didn't have some Wisdom-boosting stuff after three thousand years he's doing it wrong.

Also, part way through the opening I totally called it being Rufus's imagination.

John the Gamer:
That was epic. Though I can't help but wonder if there might be a curse on that bag... Infinite stuff = high price. I guess?

Also: since when did you hire a cgi/special effects company to help out? It looks awesome.

Hey, We didn't actually hire a special effects company, it's still all being done by 1 person who has been doing it from the very beginning of the series, the very talented Ted Adair. Check out his blog here - http://tedadair.com/blog/

This show's going from strength to strength!

It's obviously mates having fun with a limited budget, but such great and creative production, the editing, sound, SFX, script. All so good, especially compared to so-called 'professionals' like Jim Sterling, with his shitty camera, shitty mic, and 0 CHA.

Keep it up, guys!

Lord_Goose_Man:

John the Gamer:

Also: since when did you hire a cgi/special effects company to help out? It looks awesome.

Hey, We didn't actually hire a special effects company, it's still all being done by 1 person who has been doing it from the very beginning of the series, the very talented Ted Adair. Check out his blog here - http://tedadair.com/blog/

Yeah I got htat much, it was more meant as a: "Wow this looked epic I can't beleive you guys did that"-statement of sorts.

Anyways, keep it up. The character developement is really deep and interesting.

That was an amazing episode! This show keeps getting better and better!

Once again I'm blown away by the story, effects, etc. I'm already starting to wonder which plot threads you're going to wrap up and which ones you're going to leave for potential future seasons. Keep it up guys!

Just. Plain. Awesome.
The start was so wtf-like.
The vid that showed how the bag worked was also hilarious.
And the fight scenes were pretty nice, too. I am really loving this series, it is so damn interesting!

Whoa. That was pretty damned fantastic. This series just gets better and better.

Love this show, so good.
You guys are officially, the best show on the Escapist.
Hilarious ending, -1 Virtue love it.
Reminds me of players that would walk into EVERY room, and check for traps.

Thank god for the DM not playing the sirens, shivers down my spine for even thinking about it.

is this ... the song ... ?

Anyway, great stuff. To be perfectly honest, I really hated the show when I first saw it. But so damn good now

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here