Unskippable: Drakengard 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Drakengard 2

Graham and Paul step through their PS2 portal. That was their first mistake.

Watch Video

Good episode, I chuckle at the armour comment.

Who would make armor like that?! Seriously!
How did that even get into development without someone slapping the blacksmith's face?

...oh, wait. Maybe the smith's apprentice thought he'd do something "clever" during the night and so they just lumped that deformed armor onto the new guy.

Anyways, you're good at what you do, and then you get even better when you have awful scenes to work with :P

Drakken guard, anyone?

General Gismor? Really? If he doesn't turn out to be evil, I will eat my own head.

Armor aside, there could have been a lot worse things than that cutscene..."babies cry", deadly premonitions, slide whistles and "big arms," first person travel guides.

Ulquiorra4sama:
How did that even get into development without someone slapping the blacksmith's face?

...oh, wait. Maybe the smith's apprentice thought he'd do something "clever" during the night and so they just lumped that deformed armor onto the new guy.

Anyways, you're good at what you do, and then you get even better when you have awful scenes to work with :P

Maybe it was supposed to be a surcoat, but someone didn't do their reasearch? That is the only thing that even almost kinda makes sense.

The barking like a seal the first time the word "seal" was mentioned made me laugh. So did the Deadly Premonition comment.

You Can't Take the Sky From Me:
Maybe it was supposed to be a surcoat, but someone didn't do their reasearch? That is the only thing that even almost kinda makes sense.

A surcoat was my guess.

Anyway, Eris is cute. I call dibs. ;)

This show gets my seal of approval.

I'll get my coat...

That guy. I know where I've heard that voice before! It bugged me when i first heard it, but now i finally rember! It's Daveth from DAO! God I've heard his voice one time to many!

Wait, Drakengard 2 was developed by a company named Cavia?
That's Dutch for Gerbil, or guinea pig.

Great forum bugging out.
Sorry for the double post...

And yes, you are guessing right,

draken = dragon
    gard = guard
They probably wanted to make clear they're referring to the nordic dragons not to them cheap chinese ones.

His name is ... Nowe.
His last name is ... Jose.

I was a bit annoyed that the "escapist" watermark overshadowed the subtitles, but that's just me being nit-picky (it's a word).

Nice episode, though I have honestly never heard of the game

-V

I think that tunic is actually worn over the torso armour, that might even have been a practice in medieval Europe...

It's a damned shame the game didn't live up to its predecessor, Drakengard 1 was amazing.

04whim:

Drakken guard, anyone?

I laughed a little harder than I should have at that.

2-part Epoxy:
His name is ... Nowe.
His last name is ... Jose.

You clever, clever bastard. I shall counter.

ORly?
YaRly!
NoWay!!
:)

OT: I lost it at the Deadly Premonitions shoutout.

Ulquiorra4sama:

Platearmour is generally made in parts, which you attache on the stuffed jacked you wear under it. It is possible to only wear arm- and Leggear without the Brestplate and helmet. It's just stupid to do so.

BTT: Nice episode, but a bit boring. Maybe it's because nothing happens in this cutscene.

I'm not sure what it would be, but one of these days I need to hear an official joke about people pronouncing lieutenant "leftenant". It's like they got...an F in Pronunciation! *rimshot*

And if you guys thought the name was silly and pointless, you should have tried playing Drakengard 1. There's very little Garding Drakens or sense.

you guys really excel at jrpgs

Great work guys, keep it up

You guys are right, that really was an underwhelming title font.

I hopefully this game doesn't have a weird ass ending like in the first game.These developers also made Nier and that was their last game too.

this ending makes no sense and also I've never played any of Drakengard games.

EDIT:damn internet connection sorry for the double post

I LOL-ed at the dive part, quickly thrown in before the end. :)

I loved this game, and the previous one. I'm glad you guys didn't just rip the hell out of it. I could see the Nowe Yesway thing coming though, because I thought it was stupid. If you haven't played the game, you'll be happy to know that Nowe is a pussy compared to his predecessor.

I know exactly why they didn't go for the original Drakengard. Something to do with it being impossible for the game to look bad on its own. :P

Seriously, the original's plot was pretty darn dark. Like "I don't feel like being happy today" dark. It figures Enix would aid in the closing of Cavia. For those who like their stories dark and cracky, I strongly recommend at least Youtubing Drakengard's original plot. All five endings. I hear it even ties in to Nier...which I desperately need to play since I love Cavia's plots WAY over Final Fantasy XIII's writer. Though the 2nd game wasn't exactly...well...it doesn't hold a bloody candle up to the first game in terms of plot or darkness. I'd even dare call it lazy. I wanted a continuation of ending 4/5 darnit!

That said, yeah, Drakengard 2 opened themselves up for you two. xD

Aureliano:
I'm not sure what it would be, but one of these days I need to hear an official joke about people pronouncing lieutenant "leftenant". It's like they got...an F in Pronunciation! *rimshot*

'Leftenant" actually is the British pronunciation, and considering it seems they seems to be an abundance of such accents in just the opening alone, it would sound weird to not say that way.
Although nice use of it for a pun good sir, even if it's technically the correct pronunciation.

So true the part about the women's armor and the tutorials, made me laugh quite a bit together with the seals jokes.

His name is Nowe? No way! Yes Way!

HOLY SHIT! Somebody actually knows of this game!? I thought myself one of the few people left alive that square Enix hadn't killed in order to keep this game a secret and one of the few with a full working knowledge of the plots of both games (First one is still better).

ProjectTrinity:
I know exactly why they didn't go for the original Drakengard. Something to do with it being impossible for the game to look bad on its own. :P

That and the fact there was that whole 'murdering children' side-mission might have something to do with it..

I was going to say that I refuse to believe Square Enix made a game with so much gameplay inbetween the cutscenes, then I realised that this one wasn't made by Square Enix

This voice acting... The worst I've heard since Final Fantasy IV DS. Worse than Metroid: Other M. And it can entirely be attributed to the female lead; the others were not good, but at least they were vaguely competent.

P.S. Thanks

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or