LoadingReadyRun: The Secret Life of Board Games

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Secret Life of Board Games

It's not just when your back is turned either, this is happening right in front of you!

Watch Video

Ronnie was awesome!
I was hoping toast would make a cameo.

NEED MORE!
hilarious!

Is that that D&D based board-game? I think I would prefer the original.

Oh great, the 3rd on is out? Now I need to buy that too :P

The cinematography was pretty good. great job guys!

if only more board games were this fun then they would be worth playing

This is brilliant! Now I think about, my brother old D&D figures must be pissed at us for abandoning them and as well the other board games figures I used to own.

"It wasn't the spider half she had a problem with"
That was great!!

Scarim Coral:
This is brilliant! Now I think about, my brother old D&D figures must be pissed at us for abandoning them and as well the other board games figures I used to own.

Or when me and my brother played Risk...we played for days and let the figures stand all night....

OT: Hehe, would be funny if we could hear board figures talk like that when they were moved. >.>

It's like Toy Story, only nerdier!

I always did wonder what different game piece would think whenever they were transfered into another game.

Apparently some are complete douchenozzles.

What's the name of the game?

When Kathleen said 'good for you' to the goblins, am I the only one who thought she sounded like Susan Arendt?

Yes?

Oh

what game is that?

I couldn't really relate to the protagonists in this one, they are so horribly snobbish against anyone not them it seems.

Strangely amusing. I see Graham had fun playing with the ultra-zoom in function :) I found the misplaced board game pieces alot more amusing.

Is there any way we can see more of these? I loved this episode so much. :D

Movement_Machine:
what game is that?

cymonsgames:
What's the name of the game?

The Legend of Drizzt, I believe it even shows a cut of the box.

Either way, this was an effective ad because now I'm going to be getting this game. I know it wasn't your intention, but you've made a new consumer.

Funny video and due to the fact that it relates to games it makes me wait with bated breath for Friday Nights!

Did anyone else just want this to go on forever? You could make an entire series based off of this.

z121231211:
Did anyone else just want this to go on forever? You could make an entire series based off of this.

I concur, I guess I wil ljust go pretend my lord of the rings monopoly figures can talk...

oh lordie.
I want this as a series. This was awesome.

-V

Oh wow... just how many games do they use Ronnie in anyway?

I also would like a semi-ongoing series of this, please.

Say, every two months or so.

"What's up? Come at me! Bet you can't. No, you can't because you can only move in L's. You know what L stands for? Loser!"

This has my vote for greatest quote ever. Laughed so hard at this.

I'm feeling really bad for my old Heroes Quest guys right now.

Wieke:
Is that that D&D based board-game? I think I would prefer the original.

Yeah it is Legend of Drizzt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs9t-QGw6KY. Pretty much the same thing as Castle Raveloft or Wrath of Ashardalon. They are pretty fun games and while I do prefer playing standard D&D these are games that you can pretty much just sit down and play no need for a DM and pretty entertaining.

Bonuses of the board games:

Easy to pick up and play as long as 1 person knows the rules well.

Easy for people who know nothing about D&D to pick up and play and actually has opened up people to trying a real D&D game when they were completely against it before. if (number_of_people_who_have_read_and_understand_the_rules > 0)

If you are a DM or play in games you get some pretty sweet minis out of these sets although if you want them to look good you will have to paint them.

Dungeon tiles can actually be useful in a true D&D game.

There is alot of freedom to modify rules etc and make up campaigns while still having a decent selection of campaigns with stories and predefined rules.

They get to pick their powers etc.

Not so good Parts:

Rules are confusing the first time you play.

Think of the most sadistic DM you have ever played with and you are pretty close to how hard this game is. You will fail games with a decent recurrence.

Fail games have the possibility to turn people off from it so I usually modify the rules a little for first time players to give the party a better chance of surviving. Once they win the first game usually then I will play normal rules and let them die if they die.

Does not really give the full feeling of being your character and making decisions based off of alignment etc.

Leveling up is ridiculously random. (Must Roll a natural 20 on an attack or skill check)

All in all though they are fun and great for game nights with friends or family.

genuinely funny
please make that a series

That is, hands down, the best LRR I've ever seen.

I can has new series?

One of the best sketches ever! It was hilarious

So much win. Not sure how you guys consistently come up with this stuff week in and out. Would watch this series just for the title music as well.

Can someone please name the last two games?

#1 Legend of Drizzt
#2 Monopoly
#3 Chess
#4 ???
#5 ???

Boy, is he gonna freak when he lands in jail....

This is a brilliant idea. You could do an entire series like this! NEED MORE!

More of this please :) This was awesome!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)