Miracle of Sound: Brothers Of The Creed (Assassin's Creed)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Brothers Of The Creed (Assassin's Creed)

And I kill for good in my white hood.

Watch Video

Love it! You really captured the feel of the settings from the game!

Great video - I'm a big fan of AC - Love what you've done with the place =P

One of your best, but not *the* best.
Still bloody awesome though - you're a credit to the escapist!
Keep going. :3

Just got a song out of my head a few minutes ago, then I listen to this. Oh well, at least now my thoughts will sound awesome.

Really good this one. Sounded quite progressive and I liked that little scream towards the end.

Brothers of the Creed, indeed! :D

Seriously, i love it! Love the games and love how this sounds. Expert performance as usual, Gav!

Meh, I'm gonna have to say that it was one of your weakest songs. But then thats mostly because I can't really tell if its meant to be from the perspective of the in game/past assassins, Desmond and Friends or just a general thing about the creed. I kind of feel like it stretches for all three at once and doesn't really seem to reach any.

But then I might just be wearing my cynic wannabe music critic hat at this time.

Sucal:
Meh, I'm gonna have to say that it was one of your weakest songs. But then thats mostly because I can't really tell if its meant to be from the perspective of the in game/past assassins, Desmond and Friends or just a general thing about the creed. I kind of feel like it stretches for all three at once and doesn't really seem to reach any.

But then I might just be wearing my cynic wannabe music critic hat at this time.

im gonna have to agree with Sucal here, not really your strongest cause it sounded like there was a lack of focus, but its by far not bad. maybe its just me but "haunting vocals" don't really fit a medieval/renaissance game (the majority of it anyway)

Am I the only one who sang at the end of the video, "Nod at the birds and people die, everywhere people die" ?

I enjoyed it, but I thought the way you sang Bleed and Creed in the chorus was irritating.

Just an opinion.

Um, "I kill for good in my white hood" that one kind of threw me for a loop, I'm sure some less wholesome people have said the same thing in the past.

OT: Pretty good, but coming off of "The New Black Gold" I can't say it was a step up, still a good song.

Double post

Great song dude.

Didn't do a whole lot for me this one, which is a shame as I love Assassin's Creed. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, I just feel that maybe it wasn't the right style of music to capture the mood of the games. Perhaps something less electric and more classical would have been a better fit.

You're still awesome though. Keep it up :)

You just made my day!

I love the Assassin's Creed series, and this song fitted perfectly, especially when it was synced with Revelations.

I just found a new favorite.

EDIT: I will say though, the beginning was a little shaky, but the way the rest of the song ended was much better.

Number-14:
Am I the only one who sang at the end of the video, "Nod at the birds and people die, everywhere people die" ?

...No.

This time, I think Tobsuscus wins in the "Best Assassin's Creed Fan Song".

I liked the song but i realy would prefer it be more about the Assasins and the Creed and less about Minerva and Ones and Zeroes ;p just that ;p

It was cool, but just for a challenge I want to see a Tetris one.

Ursus Buckler:

If anyone can make an awesome song for a Tetris game, it's Gavin.

OT: Awesome song as usual mate. Although, I think Normandy and Wasteland Soul will always be my favourites. Normandy has almost reached 140 plays on my iTunes. >.>

That was a ridiculously awesome intro

Very nice, as always.

Step in the right direction, really enjoyed this one!

OK, not to say you're not trying or anything, or that its a bad song, but this really doesn't feel like an Assassin's Creed song.

Normally you're really good about this kind of thing, but the tempo, the style, even the lyrics a little bit, just don't evoke the kind of mood that Assassin's Creed does for me. It all feels...out of place.

Damn, that was odd, in an interesting way, I think I like it..... Yeah I like it.

Never played Assassin's Creed though.

I am kinda curious what the idea behind this song is.

Looks like a pretty mixed reception to this song... I can't really say if I like it or dislike it... Not your best song (The New Black Gold and Redemption Blues go there IMO!), but not horrific.

Overall, Gavin, I enjoyed the song. Catchy, it has the feel of the Assassin's Creed games, and the lyrics are pretty good. I'm not exactly a fan of Assassin's Creed, playing most of 1 and a little of 2, yet I really dug what you were going for. Keep it up.

The music style (bassline if that is the right word) fits perfectly.
The ONLY problem I have with the song is when you go to the chorus lines: The way you trail off at the end makes it sound more like 'Criiiiiipt' or 'Creeeeeep' rather than Creed.

Im seeing a theme but im not too worried as its more of a complement. A couple of people seem to have thought the same thing i did, being that Deus Ex was so marvelous that if ANYTHING went wrong with the next song it just wouldnt compare. That seemed to happen hear and so my final thoughts seem biased or swayed even to me.

My final thought being that the chorus seemed to take up an unbalanced amount of the song. Yeah the chorus is SUPOSE to repeat but that seemed lik 70% of the song(seemed not was). I liked the lyrics and found that they were very well worded and given good meaning, after READING them all. But when i first finished listening to the song it fealt like i only heard the opening and then the chorus for the rest of the song. ._.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE what your doing here and i already bought the CD to show my support :) but....yeah lol i guess it cant all be perfect and i sure as hell know i couldnt do any better.

For some reason I imagine the Eizo-centric song his all about the girls he seduce over the games :D

It is really interesting to see all these different opinions. I am never a person who is picky about the lyrics, it is always about the melody for me. Hence I really enjoyed this.

Good but not that great. Sorry, but I think Assassin's Creed deserved better.
I honestly think you should've waited for Revelations and then just made an entire song about Ezio's life and his journeys. You don't have to make it a broad song about the whole series. I guess you still can. If you want to, that is.

Don't get me wrong it's still a good song.

I think the problem here is that people compare this one to your last song (which was your best). I'm going to judge the song on it's own merits here:

I really liked how you captured the feel of the setting (you always do), mostly due to the melody + the chorus kicked ass.

I do have one criticism and that's the part in the interlude where it went really quiet: It may just be me, but i really felt like it didn't fit with the rest of the song. At all.

Overall another great song. How do you keep impressing me every time?

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Ursus Buckler:

If anyone can make an awesome song for a Tetris game, it's Gavin.

OT: Awesome song as usual mate. Although, I think Normandy and Wasteland Soul will always be my favourites. Normandy has almost reached 140 plays on my iTunes. >.>

Look up 'history of the soviet union arranged to the theme of tetris'. It's absolutely brilliant.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here