Trailers: Grand Theft Auto III - Tenth Anniversary Trailer

Grand Theft Auto III - Tenth Anniversary Trailer

Rockstar Games wants you to celebrate GTA 3's tenth anniversary with a nice peaceful walk through the streets of Liberty City.

Watch Video

Wow, I just realised how little I care.

Damn.

I feel really old now...

I remember getting this game (well, getting my mum to get it for me).

13 year old me thought it was awesome.

So...what? They're coming out with a special edition or something?

I remember getting GTA 3 back when it first came out, then finally beating it two years later [fuck you "shoot down the airplane with a rocket launcher" mission, fuck you hard with a Dreamcast controller].

Shame though, seeing this trailer all I can think is "what, they couldn't update the graphics at all?"

Kalezian:
Shame though, seeing this trailer all I can think is "what, they couldn't update the graphics at all?"

That's what I was expecting!
I was like: Oh...they didn't change a thing...Oh! Maybe they are showing how it WAS before they show how it IS!
...No...no that's it. Well that's extremely disappointing.

That's how I was like.
And it was, indeed, extremely disappointing.

Still: Great memories.

10 years already? Happy Birthday Claude (that was the dudes name, right), I guess.

Great Game though

Favorite of the series. I would've liked to see updated graphics, but perhaps some new content is in place instead. I certainly hope they don't make driving like 4 though, that would ruin the entire experience for me.

Kalezian:

If you have it on PC, check out the "Xbox mod". It updates the graphics a fair amount, since the Xbox version was released two years after the original PS2 version.

It's only coming out on Android and iOS isn't it? You can hardly expect amazing updated graphics for that.

I'll definately be getting it...though I hope they make a few gameplay updates they had in later games, like shooting out of cars and such.

10 years since GTA III how much has changed since then.But a good game and good memories but i think this is where the same should stay in my memories.

wow. 10 years. i still remember installing 3 patches for it because it wasnt running smooth, and my pc was top for that time.
still, had a good time with it. i enjoyed vice city much more then this but well, still good memories. but they sure could have updated the graphics though.

UNHchabo:

Kalezian:

If you have it on PC, check out the "Xbox mod". It updates the graphics a fair amount, since the Xbox version was released two years after the original PS2 version.

yea, shiny new models for cars is something I would want to pay money for... again...

but still... I can count the polygons on the models....and that is a bit depressing.

wow, now I feel old!

Happy birthday, now make a good GTA game!

putowtin:
wow, now I feel old!

Happy birthday, now make a good GTA game!

They did- GTA San Andreas

Kalezian:
I remember getting GTA 3 back when it first came out, then finally beating it two years later [fuck you "shoot down the airplane with a rocket launcher" mission, fuck you hard with a Dreamcast controller].

I agree completely. I remember playing this round a friend's house. We must have been 13 or 14 and suddenly GTA3 was our world, it blew our minds! So we activated the cheats and spent the whole time flying an ambulance off a cliff.

As for that final mission... RAGE! This game kicked my ass sooo much. It had the most rubbish aiming system, if any at all, and enemies could take your entire health bar down in no time at all. So yeah, they could have at LEAST added some of GTA:SA's finer features, even if they didn't touch the graphics.

Baby Tea:

Kalezian:

That's what I was expecting!
I was like: Oh...they didn't change a thing...Oh! Maybe they are showing how it WAS before they show how it IS!
...No...no that's it. Well that's extremely disappointing.

That's how I was like.
And it was, indeed, extremely disappointing.

Still: Great memories.

That's pretty much my reaction to it. I still own it on ps2, so I see no reason to buy this.

Fucking hell.

Im not a graphics whore, but I sure dont remember it looking that much like shit.

I'm not really sure what the point of that trailer was, but...

Happy birthday, GTA! :D

Shame GTAIV was so crap, the few things I remember about it are; poor optimisation, super-bad physics, brown and phone calls from that faggot Roman.

aaah... I still miss having that classical station to turn on when I'm just driving around.

Come on now. I had to put in by birth-date to be able to watch a video of a ten year old game? Really, how stupid. And if I was underage, do you really think I wouldn't have used a false date?

Ah, GTA III, the second best GTA game of the era, and third best overall, (any of you idiots say the best was San Andreas, the nightmare of feature creep, can go catch a 12 gauge in the jaw). Damn good times I remember with you. You're no Vice City, but still, damn good times.

Kalezian:

I was thinking the exact same thing and all i could say was "No upgrade in graphics but instead they just show the old trailer but slap a gold 10th anniversary sticker at the end, should i care about this considering it's now ancient?".

ahh, gta 3, the endless hours of fun i had with it. the trailer really didnt work that well though. still its fun to see rockstar remmenbering how gta is supposed to be.

Ohhh good old times.
The music of the video goes fits so well. :D

xXSnowyXx:
It's only coming out on Android and iOS isn't it? You can hardly expect amazing updated graphics for that.

I'll definately be getting it...though I hope they make a few gameplay updates they had in later games, like shooting out of cars and such.

Totally this. Folks, it's not being re-released for your console or PC with the same graphics, it's BEING PUT IN YOUR PHONE. That's freaking awesome in my humble opinion, so I'll buy it again for my Android tablet for sure.

Saints Row 3 is about to pop and all Rockstar hand out is a 1 min thank you video?

Played GTA3, not fully, still remember it well... Lazlow's talk radio was actually funny. San Andreas not as much, flopped kinda bad in 4.

Feels more like a video from a funeral, remembering the good times of something that's passed into memory. GTA 3 was something, but now, it feels so...quaint.

CorvusFerreum:
10 years already? Happy Birthday Claude (that was the dudes name, right), I guess.

Great Game though

My cousin and I always used to call him Chaos. I never knew he actually had a name.

OT: Didn't they use this song for the old TV commercials when the game first came out? I'm starting to feel old.

And what exactly is different about this 10th Anniversary edition? From the video it doesn't look like they tweaked the graphics. So what else did they do to it?

Tank207:

CorvusFerreum:

Great Game though

My cousin and I always used to call him Chaos. I never knew he actually had a name.

OT: Didn't they use this song for the old TV commercials when the game first came out? I'm starting to feel old.

And what exactly is different about this 10th Anniversary edition? From the video it doesn't look like they tweaked the graphics. So what else did they do to it?

In the game itself not. But he showed up in San Andreas (set 9 years before GTA III) and was refered to as Claude.

Damn it! It won't let me watch the trailer. >:-[

It looks sooo different to me now. I remember playing this and thinking it looked great... now all i see are blocks of colors and hardly recognize it.

Going back in graphics is tough on the eyes

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here