Trailers: Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone - Trailer

Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone - Trailer

Help your friends fight off vicious zombies...or don't.

Watch Video

Is that Children of Bodom in the backround?

I know what everyone is gonna say, "another zombie game?!? Blech!!!"

I loves me a good zombie game... but c'mon. Even I am getting tired of the same old shit.

Why is Jeremy from Pure Pwnage in this o_O

Why is the only platform listed XBLA when at the end of the video it shows that it's for PSN as well? I guess that also brings up the questions: Why is it microsoft game studio? Shouldn't that be Backbone Entertainment?

It looks like "Smash TV" with zombies.

The un-dead return?

They never left guys...

Looks like we're out of nemeses: Nazis, done, Communists, done, Aliens, done, Zombies, done...

I might get this game. The first one was fun and I had some good times with the 4 player local coop.

The problem with Zombie games now is they are all the same.

Do we need another top down twin sticks zombie game, hell no I have like 4 of them from indie packs.

They don't innovate and I might as well just play a free flash game.

We Need a co op zombie survival horror, in an open world with rpg elements. its the only type that has yet to be done. It is a double header that would revitalize 2 tired genres, the "Post apocalypse," by having everything still lush and beautiful because abunch of corpse aren't going to salt the earth and turn the world into a brown gray desert. While Also making a zombie game that isnt solid, mash the the fire button, or twin stick.

Well... Thats a dull one.

...wouldn't mind another Stubbs the Zombie type game.
Imagine:
You are a zombie. You lurk in the shadows, preying on the unspected, slowly infected whole areas, house by house.
You build up an army to overwhelm the military/police/armed civilians.

Civilians might acutally approach you to 'help' you, since they don't have an idea whats wrong.

Can someone get me a count of the number of zombie or alien-related top-down shooters currently on the market?

By this point, it's got to be in the hundreds. God.

Dead Raen:
Can someone get me a count of the number of zombie or alien-related top-down shooters currently on the market?

By this point, it's got to be in the hundreds. God.

I agree.

More over-the-shoulder zombie games, please!

looks cute... probably will skip...
and zombie haters be dammed i love me some undead fun!

Great title there Konami. Can't wait to also play your other games coming out, Grey-Brown War Shooter and Seventeen Year Old Girly Boy Saves Fantasy World.

[read in monotone] Wooo. Another zombie game. How can I possibly resist another zombie game.

Come to think of it, screw that.

XT inc:

Do we need another top down twin sticks zombie game, hell no I have like 4 of them from indie packs.

We Need a co op zombie survival horror, in an open world with rpg elements. its the only type that has yet to be done. It is a double header that would revitalize 2 tired genres, the "Post apocalypse," by having everything still lush and beautiful because abunch of corpse aren't going to salt the earth and turn the world into a brown gray desert. While Also making a zombie game that isnt solid, mash the the fire button, or twin stick.

So, Dead Island then?

Random berk:

XT inc:

So, Dead Island then?

Haven't played it, but it looks like it falls into the mash the fire button catagory, I'm saying more, find a house, reinforce it, then take into concideration how many people you can take care of after you determine the likely hood of them cleaning out your stock room and running off in the night.

Picture, the walking dead as it is in the comic form, but a video game that isn't being made by telltale games of all people.

XT inc:

Random berk:

XT inc:

So, Dead Island then?

Haven't played it, but it looks like it falls into the mash the fire button catagory, I'm saying more, find a house, reinforce it, then take into concideration how many people you can take care of after you determine the likely hood of them cleaning out your stock room and running off in the night.

Picture, the walking dead as it is in the comic form, but a video game that isn't being made by telltale games of all people.

Haven't played it either, so I can't say anything about the gameplay. In all other aspects it ticks all the boxes you stated, at least in theory. Gotta say though, your idea does sound appealing. I'm not sure how they'd work it into a game though. Games generally need to have a certain amount of story and structure that you can progress through. I don't see how you'd make fixed fortification defence a key part of your game while keeping a good story going, and not boring your players by confining them to one small space.

These games, and medias in general...

... Makes me think of the times when zombies were considered a serious threat to be feared and preferably held at a distance.

Now, it doesn't matter if you're bitten, or how numerous they are. They're a joke in how easy they are to kill, and basically just meat for the grinder. They're not dreadful anymore, they are just clowns dressed in more or less gore.

O, Night of the Living Dead, why art thou forsaken us?

XT inc:

Or a serious story driven zombie game.

Or other ideas we have yet to come up with.

There's plenty you can do with the undead.

Humans are just boring creatures. :P

....... it is sad but for a second there I thought I was watching a top-down Left4Dead ...........

"Halafaux Island, Canada" Awww, damn. Looks like I can't go around trumpeting that zombie apocalypses never happen in Canada anymore.

Also, "The Un-Dead Return"? I was unaware they'd ever left.

This looks like a sequel to a game Konami released on XBLA a fair while ago: Zombie Apocolypse.

I gotta tell you, that game was an unmitigated piece of shit it and it looks like nothing has changed. Oh, wait, there appear to be different characters, OOOOOooooOOOOOoooh!

Vzzdak:
It looks like "Smash TV" with zombies.

In a world of remakes, we need a smash tv.

BUT NOT SMASH TV THE FPS

so this will sort of do. sort of.

Eefness:
....... it is sad but for a second there I thought I was watching a top-down Left4Dead ...........

Given the character models for the four cards on the left-- you couldn't be faulted.

Cleril:

Or a serious story driven zombie game.
Or other ideas we have yet to come up with.
There's plenty you can do with the undead.
Humans are just boring creatures. :P

Project Zomboid: Zombie RPG survival simulator in the vein of nethack but with sprites. http://projectzomboid.com/blog/
Dead State. Zombie RPG survival simulator. Supposedly xcom meets the zombie apocalypse with dialog and story. we'll see. http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/

So a top down shooter? I don't like top down shooters. If I wanted a top down shooter I'd go play Alien Swarm since that's free.

Oh, great. Another top-down twin-stick zombie shooter. My life was incomplete without Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone. *to be said in an absolute deadpan*

Honestly, I wish more people would remember Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse. *Being* a zombie for a change was one of the most hilarious and entertaining experiences ever. It hasn't aged well, but it's still hella fun to play.

*sighs* Dead Nation, Burn Zombie Burn, Project Zomboid, the zillions of other zombie-themed coop games on XBLA... I really wish we'd either get over it, or find some way to revamp the zombie game formula.

Pass.

So it's an isometric mashup of Left 4 Dead and Smash TV?

Yeah, that's... something. Really. Oh, would you look at the time, gotta go iron my dog.

So, a top-down zombie shooter? Never... never seen one of those before.

Think I'll just keep watching The Walking Dead while waiting for Dead State and Project Zomboid to be done.

Eh, I don't understand their marketing strat. "Pwn zombie noobs?" "Bomb girl/ hot chick?" "l33t gamer?" Looks like a trashy cash grab at a saturated market. I'm insulted that they think an ad like that will help sell the product. Maybe EA gave them lessons... :/

Since when is "undead" a hyphenated word?

Baresark:
Is that Children of Bodom in the backround?

I know what everyone is gonna say, "another zombie game?!? Blech!!!"

I loves me a good zombie game... but c'mon. Even I am getting tired of the same old shit.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I like zombies, but I'm getting tired of it. Not interested in this game.

What's Jeremy doing in this game?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here