Trailers: Lord of the Rings: The War in the North - Human Combat Trailer

Lord of the Rings: The War in the North - Human Combat Trailer

If you've ever wanted to know what it would be like to be a human in Middle Earth.

Watch Video

Team Hollywood:
Lord of the Rings Online: The War in the North

I somehow doubt this is LotRO.

Ooh I'm impressed! Also there appears to be a slight error with this topics title XD. This most certainly isn't LOTRO.

Will be an epic fail, like all of the LOTR games for console..

So the entire game's played in slow-motion, then?

Well I'd being lying if I said I wasn't interested.

Definitely not a day one buy but maybe a few weeks down the road. After all IMO after November 15th there isn't anything else great coming out.

ViciousTide:

GaltarDude1138:
I remember playing the movie tie-in games on the Gamecube...

By no means were they shit, and this looks like an expanded version of those games.

This isn't online though...it's a new game...isn't it?

Never buying a Lord of the Rings game on day one ever again.

I blindly pre-ordered Conquest because LotR + Battlefront = YES PLEASE.

I traded it in two days later. Now, anything with Middle Earth as its setting has me very wary.

When oh when oh when are they going to make the open-word LoTR RPG that fans have been dying for! :'( I'd love to live in Middle Earth. These iffy action games just aren't cutting it!

Im really excited for this game. I love me some LOTR.

Introducing the slow motion MMO! And you thought grinding took forever before!

The Pinray:
When oh when oh when are they going to make the open-word LoTR RPG that fans have been dying for! :'( I'd love to live in Middle Earth. These iffy action games just aren't cutting it!

Well... there was this one game... huge world, lots of quests and NPCs... I think it was called Middle-Earth Online or somesuch. You should look it up.

More seriously, yeah, I would go for an LOTR RPG via Bethesda Softworks. But I doubt it'll happen. Bethsoft don't have the license, for one thing.

omicron1:

The Pinray:

Well... there was this one game... huge world, lots of quests and NPCs... I think it was called Middle-Earth Online or somesuch. You should look it up.

More seriously, yeah, I would go for an LOTR RPG via Bethesda Softworks. But I doubt it'll happen. Bethsoft don't have the license, for one thing.

I'm talking about one that's not garbage, kiddo. LoTRO is terri-bad.

so, how are they going to use slow motion in an online game? If they cant compensate for it in some way the lag is going to be horrible.

The Pinray:

omicron1:

The Pinray:

If LotRO (metacritic average across the base game and two expansions being 84.5) is "terri-bad," I shudder to think how few games you consider "average" or better.

omicron1:

The Pinray:

omicron1:

If LotRO (metacritic average across the base game and two expansions being 84.5) is "terri-bad," I shudder to think how few games you consider "average" or better.

MMOs bore me. If you base your opinions on metacritic I shudder to think how you live your life.

Forgive me for having a differing opinion. It'll never happen again, sir. I promise.

ViciousTide:

Hey, the Fellowship of the Ring game on PS2 (pre-movie license, more power to it) was fantastic.
Obviously a flop since they never released part 2 and 3, but it stands to show you can do a tasteful, faithful video game version of the material that is also fun.
Not being a movie tie-in, it had an original aesthetic, extreme devotion to the source material (including Bombadil as an NPC, complete with corny songs), all with fun gameplay and a truly inspired interpretation of some of the locations from the first of the trilogy.

This game looks ok too, but I'm a little bit worried that it will ALL be gritty Dragon Age artistic direction. Middle Earth is also about beauty and nature, not just dank dungeons.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here