Extra Punctuation: Sidequests Good and Bad

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I enjoyed your summary of side quests to main quest percentages by comparing them to television serials. It actually does allow a pretty clear mental picture of how the two interact. I also appreciated your points on how location of a side quest giver can alter both a person's desire to do it and the player's view of the quest giver's motivations. I had not actually thought of side quests as a lure to draw the player out to explore more of the game map, but it made a lot of sense, at least when the game has been done well. Keep up the interesting insights on your Extra Punctuation!

Yahtzee's articles continue to enlighten me on what small features of a game can either make or break it (for me at least). Game Industries really do need more Yahtzees to sit there in-front of all their meetings and brain-storming sessions and simply question every idea they throw. Then offer alternatives and solutions to the problems he identifies :P

the alot side quest are distracting from the more interesting quests,its easy to forget why your killing this certain character

If I wasn't already agreeing enough with Yahtzee, we once again have something in common. We used to watch Pokemon on its first season. I remember I really liked it but I guess I forgot about it because I probably won't like it now. Like Dragon Ball Z it probably runs out of steam after the first season.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here