Unskippable: Mortal Kombat

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Mortal Kombat

Choose your destiny. Protip: Make it not be this game.

Watch Video

Oh No! They rebooted Russel to!

it's almost too easy to bash on this game.

why do people always complain about there being a plot in MK? There has always been a plot, and it was really lame; like in every arcade fighter. Although I will have to admit, using Raiden as a landscaping tool did wonders.

The amount of MK story I remember is dwarfed only by the amount you guys seem to know.

I'm not sure if I'm amazed or disappointed that neither of you screamed "Mortal Kombat" at any point during this video (you know what I'm talking about).

DVS BSTrD:

I'm not a big fan of the new dark, gritty Russel.

Noxshadow:
The amount of MK story I remember is dwarfed only by the amount you guys seem to know.

As in how they even noticed the reference to "Mortal Kombat: Special Forces"? Yeah, seems that way.

Also this: "They made a movie of this, and I'm played by Christopher Lambert!"

So Shao Khan's ending from Mortal Kombat: Armageddon is the true one? Well, now I have an incentive to never play any other character.

Except Hsu Hao, Kano and Ermac. They're awesome.

What's surprising is Mortal Kombat now has probably the most coherent plot of any fighting game out there since they decided to just go ahead and do a linear story instead of every character having their own storyline/ending. Hell it's not even close to being the most bizarre fighting game out there. It's almost mundane if not for the blood and guts.

"The planets are aligning. Oh no, wait. Just boobs."
I enjoyed that, in two to five different ways.

this cinematic wasn't even bad, it was just kinda lackluster, i'm amazed at how well you two managed to find humorous commentary for this one. must have been a taxing process.

and speaking of tax...edermy

the planets are aligning, nope just boobs... NOPE! just Chuck Testa with another realistic rack (escapist hasn't banned memes yet have they?)

I've always said my Fatality move would be to punch a guy so hard he goes back in time, so maybe NetherRealm has been reading my old fanfiction.

Of course in the fanfic he goes so far back he gets eaten by a T-Rex, but this works too I guess.

'Cause really, the moment you're scaring guys to death with your butterface or blowing up the earth, you've got to take a step back and ask yourself: is my grizzly murder of this other human being a little too silly?

Whenthey said masquerading, they obviously meant Cosplay. The Elder Gods are HUGE cosplayers.

Also, who knew boobs could have rigor mortis?

Mydnyght:

Also this: "They made a movie of this, and I'm played by Christopher Lambert!"

"hahaha....Sorry."

"Aaaanything getting through to you guys?"

Pair of lads there just looking completely stoned, haha.

Just wanted to say this, I had beaten Arkham City the other day and I saw Graham Stark's name in the credits. That is just awesome.

So did Raiden travel back in time or did he send a message back in time to himself?
Also Christopher Lambert as Raiden was awesome! Only problem was they didn't give him enough screen time.

Also I completely agree about the reboot title thing. I mean I hate reboots on principle, but if you must do that at least give it a subtitle or something to distinguish it from the original so as not to confuse the hell out of people.

DVS BSTrD:

No one can reboot Russel. It is all a play, to make him welcome in this game, then HE will be champion!

OT: Fun episode, I laughed. =)

"I want to see Ninja Mine"
"Yeah, I think I would appreciate Johnny Cage in a non-speaking role."

Every fan of the series just nodded their head sadly.

canadamus_prime:
So did Raiden travel back in time or did he send a message back in time to himself?
Also Christopher Lambert as Raiden was awesome! Only problem was they didn't give him enough screen time.

Also I completely agree about the reboot title thing. I mean I hate reboots on principle, but if you must do that at least give it a subtitle or something to distinguish it from the original so as not to confuse the hell out of people.

He just sent a message back to himself to try and change the tournaments outcome.

Warachia:

canadamus_prime:

He just sent a message back to himself to try and change the tournaments outcome.

Which begs to question how he figured that was going to help, 'cause didn't Liu Kang win the original tournament, but then Shao Khan just said "Fuck it, I'm invading anyway."

canadamus_prime:

Also Christopher Lambert as Raiden was awesome!

Dude, Christopher Lambert in everything is awesome. Mainly because he always plays Christopher Lambert.

Also, Ninja Mimes made me think of the book "The Gone-Away World". Good times.

I like this game but I also hate what they did to a lot characters in the storymode.

I like Mortal Kombat's plot its not bad and it can be just as confusing as any oher fighting game plots

So I hate that I know this but if your breath were ice cold it would also be visible. Cold breath would cause the water in the warm air to condensate just like warm breath causes the water in cold air to condensate.

Geez, I knew Mortal Kombat was dark, but this is just depressing...

But something bugs me: if the losers in the Mortal Kombat games are killed ,how do they come back for the sequels? Can anyone explain it to me?

Also, the "Planets are aligning, oh no wait, just boobs" line made me laugh more than I should...

canadamus_prime:

Warachia:

canadamus_prime:

Which begs to question how he figured that was going to help, 'cause didn't Liu Kang win the original tournament, but then Shao Khan just said "Fuck it, I'm invading anyway."

I think that was the movie version. In the game version Liu Kang won the tournament then Sheng Tsun...or however you spell his name, teamed up with...some other guy...and killed Liu Kang in the openin cinematic. Then they took over the world and eventually killed Shao Khan...or beat him...or something.

Wikipedia knows.

I'm always surprised when people talk about the story of MK because when I don't remember that the MK games had a story when I played them as a kid. Well It's been a while so maybe I've just forgotten about that. Not that the story seems to be very memorable.

Also
Graham: "Oh wow, the planets are aligning!"
"Oh, no just boobs."
Me: "Oh wow, the boobs are aligning!"

I always liked Tekken better anyways.

It is annoying to have reboots be called the same thing. And Graham is a Twisted Metal fan like I am. That's going to suck.

sry, dblpost.

Ninja Mimes the most annoying of all Ninjas.

kab040:
Ninja Mimes the most annoying of all Ninjas.

Yet, the deadliest of mimes.

the video is only 13 seconds long, guess the video has glitched.

Wait, people actually give a crap about Johnny Cage? I thought his sole purpose for existence was to be the Mortal Kombat equivalent of Hercule from DBZ.

P.S. Thanks

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)