LoadingReadyRun: Socially Awkward

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Personally, if I post something on the web, I realize that it is now public information. If you try to channel information to only certain groups of friends, you are just deluding yourself and setting up for unpleasant surprises in the future. Naturally, Facebook is the social network for me.

Graham_LRR:

Vuirneen:
Hmm, none of the social sites are female? That seems wrong.

We were going for a "websites as skeezy boyfriends" theme, and introducing a former lesbian lover (while something we considered!) would have complicated the joke, not added to it.

You probably already thought of this, but I think something that might have worked is using one of those early teen-based networking sites calling constantly with Kathleen saying they were just both "experimenting" (I say teen-based because it could be like those sleep-away camp stories)

VIDEO IS LATE. Video is worth it. No problems, LRR.

Does Google+ really do that? Well crap. I gotta watch myself. What site was the guy at the end?

Tharwen:

Vuirneen:

Nor are any of the LRR cast.

NOT ONE

I like you. You have the ability to twist quotes and make them amazing. In my perfect world, you would get to live.

tehweave:
What site was the guy at the end?

That was Orkut - also owned by Google and popular in Brazil.

Awesome Episode. Especially liked Twitter.

I hoped for 4chan in the da capo. That'd be a naked guy in a trenchcoat heavily breathing on the phone over the sound of a revving chainsaw.

See, some of us anti-social people without public social networking profiles are happy because we don't have to deal with this sh-t.

Actually, yes. This is just winning in every sense of the word. <3

Video created great many lulz. As someone who uses social networking sites and only recently read the Privacy Policy for Facebook I can safely say I wish it was Jer hounding me about things instead of drunken photos that are so hard to delete.

For some reason Alex seems to be the perfect fit for Twitter.

Is it just me, or was Cam not in the credits?

Huh I was just in the process of trying to contact someone I haven't talked to in a while when I watched this. And I was going to use facebook.

I wonder if that was the point.

When Graham showed up, I was expecting deviantArt.

Noxshadow:
When Graham showed up, I was expecting deviantArt.

Same here. Especially since, as a comic artist, Kathleen has a reason to be on it.

For some strange reason I can picture a Scott Pilgrim Vs The World (well Internet) parody of this scenario.

When I saw Graham as an emo poet , I knew he was suppost to be MySpace. XD

Also , Twitter should've used TwitLonger for any message longer than 140 characters. :P

"Social networks, by their nature, aren't that social.
Become a fan on facebook!"

Oh god...I...don't think I can take so much hilarity...

Hmm I expected myspace to be more rapey than angsty.

Kathleen's "You skeevy fucking creep." was gold.

Also you used the Feed Dump room, which leads me to believe Graham lives in there.

Oh shit, I haven't laughed like that at one of these in a while. That was hilarious. The Twitter joke at the end had me rolling.

I liked how twitter ran out of characters :D

I was expecting Graham to be LiveJournal: now there's the new GeoCities!

And I'm still not sure what site was being represented by Cameron (who wasn't credited, by the way).

17" MB Pro, nice; Damn those things are over priced... and Google+ using an iPhone was the perfect addition.

Matt definitely shoulda been Myspace.

my first thought on seeing graham: oh God my livejournal has come back!

Even though the Escapist is more of a gaming site, who do you think would be the representative? Andy maybe?

Chasmodius:
I was expecting Graham to be LiveJournal: now there's the new GeoCities!

LiveJournal is still popular and good at what it does. It is mostly Russian, though.

oh man this one was great :D

Googles "Orkut" ...ohh ok

and Twitter at the end was a nice extra thrown in xD made me lol

Tharwen:

Vuirneen:

NOT ONE

You don't count Kathleen? What about Tally?

Graham_LRR:

Vuirneen:

We were going for a "websites as skeezy boyfriends" theme, and introducing a former lesbian lover (while something we considered!) would have complicated the joke, not added to it.

I know, it's just that social tasks are the stereotypical female thing. An overly nosey female friend trying to get the gossip, or one of those survey sites/personality quizzes could have hit in the stinger.

Vuirneen:

Tharwen:

Vuirneen:

NOT ONE

You don't count Kathleen? What about Tally?

NOT ONE

OK, fine. Kathleen was obviously busy, and I suspect Tally has stopped appearing in LRR since Jer left.

Tharwen:

NOT ONE

OK, fine. Kathleen was obviously busy, and I suspect Tally has stopped appearing in LRR since Jer left.

Well, she just tweeted: Off to take part in some filming tonight...!

Graham_LRR:

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE, THE VIDEO SERVERS AT ESCAPIST BUNKER WERE HAVING A CRISIS

Of the Lady Chatterley variety? *Evil Top Gear Watcher Grin*

Oh god Emo Graham was the greatest thing ever. XD Great job this week, I don't usually watch this show but when I do it's always gold.

Why is "google +" using an iPhone?

nice one, and i still dont use any social websites :)

agiganticpanda:
Why is "google +" using an iPhone?

Because during the last 2 years google did a lot of awful decisions. buying an iphone was one of them.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here