Trailers: Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm - Teaser Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm - Teaser Trailer

The newest expansion for Starcraft II is coming out soon.

Watch Video

yup, looks cool, but then blizzard always has been good at the pre-renderd stuff

Damn, I can't wait for this :D I should probably actually play through SC2 - I've watched my brother play it, so I know the story, but still.

Arrrghhh, here my hope of getting a bargain on Starcraft II goes down the drain.

Anyway, I've waited about 12 years to tentacle rape Mengsk to death for his betrayal at Tarsonis.

Or to put it in Tychus Findlay words: "Hell, it's about time!"

Do want.

Looks like a mega improvement over WoV.

Not even Johnny Rico can save you now Mengsk!

Oh god no

this means blizzard's balancing team will start doing their amazing work

still digging that 60% TvZ win ratio

Looking forward to it. Wings of Liberty was a fantasic game and the story was superb, above Blizzard's usual standards (and those have always been pretty good). Heart of the Swarm looks good took!

My random thoughts:
-Wow, that hookshot thing that zerg unit did is probably going to be a total nuisance in multiplayer games. Just sayin'.
-This looks really dang good. Too bad the Zerg buildings look cartoonish.
-That's really cool how they're adding in Protoss installations as a map. Kick @$$

I want this expansion to be out soon, but if all I've heard is any indication we're looking to wait even beyond April 2012. Sad times indeed.

Wasn't she...greener last time I looked?

This trailer is made of win. Cannot wait.

When they say coming soon... how soon?

Can't wait to see this come out, just starting to play SC2 again so I can stomp my friends once they come back post-expansion release.

Also: "Genre: Action Adventure." Is that a problem due to the links to retailers or something else?

BUH BUH BUH ba BUH BUH!

Wait shit, wrong game. The music for the first 10 seconds had me going for a second there.

I'll get this, but only for the cutscenes.

Wait... what's this about no carriers for Protoss? Carriers were how I always defined the Protoss, that would be like getting rid of hydras for the Zerg.

Yay, now they actually have a Walker unit which resembles a Marauder! Satire aside, the cinematics look beautiful.

chimeracreator:
Wait... what's this about no carriers for Protoss? Carriers were how I always defined the Protoss, that would be like getting rid of hydras for the Zerg.

What are you on about? Where are you seeing that?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it now. WTF?

She's back on duty... and doing wonders with her second chance, I see. -.-

Also, somehow I doubt we'll be seeing HotS in stores before 2013.

Sonicron:
She's back on duty... and doing wonders with her second chance, I see. -.-

Also, somehow I doubt we'll be seeing HotS in stores before 2013.

Hey, why settle for Humanity when you can be the Queen of Blades?

Jadak:

chimeracreator:

No carriers for Protoss in multiplayer. Unfortunately they were pretty useless for a variety of reasons.

There will be carriers in single player though, just like there were firebats in single player for WoL but not in multi.

castlewise:

Jadak:

chimeracreator:

No carriers for Protoss in multiplayer. Unfortunately they were pretty useless for a variety of reasons.

There will be carriers in single player though, just like there were firebats in single player for WoL but not in multi.

I admit that I never played SC2 multiplayer, but I remember them being pretty good in the original for multiplayer and decent in the single player campaign, so why do they suck now and why not just fix it instead of removing an iconic unit, that will then be added back in for the final installment?

chimeracreator:

castlewise:

Jadak:

I admit that I never played SC2 multiplayer, but I remember them being pretty good in the original for multiplayer and decent in the single player campaign, so why do they suck now and why not just fix it instead of removing an iconic unit, that will then be added back in for the final installment?

They are removing Carriers but introducing a new flying unit in Multiplayer. The tempest will do Air AoE attacks and will fire a single target beam at ground units.

This looks more useful then a carrier to me.

HerbertTheHamster:
Oh god no

What do you mean? Terran wins 60% of the time or Zerg wins 60% of the time? If Terran wins 60%, then it's not balanced for sure. There have been balancing issues with Terran for a while now. Mules and Medivacs are my #1 gripe against Terran being a Protoss player.

I'm just hoping they price this game as an expansion and not a full freaking game. 9 new units and eliminating some units.

Yay Nova still exists!! Now only if they'd release her game....Too bad it was never meant to be....

For a while I was wondering: why should I buy this game, except for the new single player content? Then I saw the new units. Then I envisioned everyone at MLG tearing their favorite gaming t-shirt over this. For a moment I felt oddly amused. Then I just realized that they'll ignore the new units and keep on gaming with the Wings of Liberty version of the game. * shrugs *

I just had a total nerdgasm!

warfjm:

HerbertTheHamster:
Oh god no

What do you mean? Terran wins 60% of the time or Zerg wins 60% of the time? If Terran wins 60%, then it's not balanced for sure. There have been balancing issues with Terran for a while now. Mules and Medivacs are my #1 gripe against Terran being a Protoss player.

I'm just hoping they price this game as an expansion and not a full freaking game. 9 new units and eliminating some units.

Unless you are in high Masters league you aren't allowed to complain about balance.

Here are all the new units showcased.

I reinstalled SC2 yesterday so i can get back into fighting form. I had to put it down several months ago because it was becoming all consuming and my rage was building. I hope i find a way to have fun with the game again.

Maybe i should play Dota. I hear that community is level headed and absolutely-in-no-way full of rage.

Amphoteric:

warfjm:

HerbertTheHamster:
Oh god no

Unless you are in high Masters league you aren't allowed to complain about balance.

I hate this argument. You're basically saying I'm not "special" enough so my opinion doesn't matter. I'm just a regular joe that wants to have fun. If the game isn't balanced, then it isn't fun. I want to have an equal chance at winning a match as everyone else. Every match should be 50/50. Not 60/40. That's aggravating. I don't want to play a game that is built for the elite players. I want to play a game that is fun for everyone.

warfjm:

Amphoteric:

warfjm:

I hate this argument. You're basically saying I'm not "special" enough so my opinion doesn't matter. I'm just a regular joe that wants to have fun. If the game isn't balanced, then it isn't fun. I want to have an equal chance at winning a match as everyone else. Every match should be 50/50. Not 60/40. That's aggravating. I don't want to play a game that is built for the elite players. I want to play a game that is fun for everyone.

This. Saying the game is meant to be balanced ONLY for masters level players is stupid if it's imbalanced for everyone which it is. We all want to have fun, but we can't if the balance is skewed.

OT: I don't play much, but I do watch a lot of esports so it'll be exciting to see how the new units affect gameplay. That said, BRING BACK THE DAMN CARRIER!!!!!

I saw Colossi being pull out of cliffs, i cried in joy.

After finishing the campaign and played a few weeks of MP with zergs, I got bored and stop playing. The zerg race felt very unfinished and one dimensional. Needless to say the gameplay department didn't surpass brood wars, it regress from it.

Oh well, I might buy the expansion....but only if I can try before I buy.

Ne1butme:
Maybe i should play Dota. I hear that community is level headed and absolutely-in-no-way full of rage.

I do hope you were joking there. Still i love to play SC II and can't wait for DotA II.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here