Trailers: Diablo 3 - Black Soulstone Cinematic

Diablo 3 - Black Soulstone Cinematic

The most anticipated game of all time looks amazing.

Watch Video

"The most anticipated game of all time looks amazing."

Seriously?

Aside from that this trailer looks good, though I can't help but feel a major disconnect when I look at this, and then look at gameplay footage.

Wow Warachia I am so glad I dont think like you what a dark and dismal place.

This trailer is the most amazing I have ever seen since warcraft 3 when it came out. WAY to go blizzard for putting quality of this level back in your cinematics.

BLIZZARD hats off YOU HAVE DONT IT AGAIN.
Absolutely cant wait for diablo 3 cant wait to join the MILLIONS that will play it, it will be truly orgasmic.

Cool video, except for the "boss". Very hard to take that guy seriously as a big bad, he looks like a joke. Hopefully he's just a first act boss or something and not the great evil you're out to defeat.

I mean, remember this? (spoilers for anyone still planning to play Diablo 2)

That's how you portray proper bad guys.

Edit: Okay, other than Diablo's walk, forgot how silly it looked.

Most Anticipated Game of all time? I was like -oh cool- when this came out. So if this is the -Most Anticipated Game of all time- What does that make Halflife 2 Episode 3?

Nikolaz72:
Most Anticipated Game of all time? I was like -oh cool- when this came out. So if this is the -Most Anticipated Game of all time- What does that make Halflife 2 Episode 3?

Less anticipated than any blizzard game, obviously. Especially this one.

Jadak:

Nikolaz72:

Meh. I believe Episode 3 is more anticipated than Diablo 3. Diablo 3 will never beat Diablo 2.

Nikolaz72:

Jadak:

Nikolaz72:

Meh. I believe Episode 3 is more anticipated than Diablo 3. Diablo 3 will never beat Diablo 2.

I believe Episode 3 is more anticipated in a quality over quantity sense. Those who want it, want it a lot. But I don't believe that level of anticipation is as widespread as it is with Diablo 3, especially not at the moment where Diablo 3 media actually exists in the news while episode 3 is more or less running on imagination.

Jadak:

Nikolaz72:

Jadak:

I believe Episode 3 is more anticipated in a quality over quantity sense. Those who want it, want it a lot. But I don't believe that level of anticipation is as widespread as it is with Diablo 3, especially not at the moment where Diablo 3 media actually exists in the news while episode 3 is more or less running on imagination.

I sorta disagree, there is a vocal fanbase that makes sure to reminds us Half Life 3 is comming. Or begs for it to come.

Then there are the millions of people who remain silent but would think -oh cool, a sequel- if they saw it on the shelves <_<

While the trailer look awesome but we all know that it's likely we won't get to take on that army head on (the differences between cinematic and gameplay).

That fat asshole looks like a mix between the Shadom Broker
and Mannoroth
image.

Overall, I almost want to play it just to see exactly how ridiculously bad the story will be. Perhaps Blizzard will go 3/3 and have no serious franchise left. We'll see, when Warcraft has turned into a saturday morning kids cartoon and Stacraft has been turned into a Michael Bay-movie. That is to say, if Metzen will write this story.

SecretNegative:
That fat asshole looks like a mix between the Shadom Broker and Mannoroth

Overall, I almost want to play it just to see exactly how ridiculously bad the story will be. Perhaps Blizzard will go 3/3 and have no serious franchise left. We'll see, when Warcraft has turned into a saturday morning kids cartoon and Stacraft has been turned into a Michael Bay-movie. That is to say, if Metzen will write this story.

Uhm, I know people are nostalgic and can't look past the year prior, but seriously?
None of the older Blizzard story was in any way shape or form better than what we have now. Noooone.
Most people regard it as better because they were younger and more impressionable. Just because everyone grows up a little bitter doesn't mean you have to be a cynic about everything.

Nikolaz72:

Jadak:

Nikolaz72:

I tend to agree. I played the first two Diablos, and the interim has seen numerous other developers make their own refinements on the "Rogue-alike" gameplay model; I haven't felt like I was missing much from D3's absence from the market. Also, the news and media about D3 has largely served to dampen, rather than enhance, any enthusiasm I might have felt about the product. It will probably be a fine game, but it's not one I'm desperate to play.

By comparison, while there have of course been seemingly millions of FPSs since Half-Life 2: Episode 2 was released on the market, I've yet to see any that really caught on to what made the games popular. There have been a ton of gravity-gun alikes, some attempts at physics puzzles, and plenty of in-game cut scenes that took away control from the player at the worst possible time, but nothing that managed to capture the way HL2 and its siblings were paced, how they created setting and set tone, how all the weapons continued to be useful and interesting after you got the rocket launcher or the flame thrower or what-have-you.

With Newell making (hopefully forgetful) statements that Portal 2 may be Valve's last entry into single-player, I concede that HL2:Ep3 may never emerge. But that doesn't change the fact that any hint that it will excites me far more than the uncomfortable feeling I get that Blizzard is falling under Kotick's "exploit all IPs yearly" model.

The whole time watching this, my only thoughts were.

"If she were real I bet she would be really hot"

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here