Trailers: The Lord of the Rings: The War in the North - Launch Trailer

The Lord of the Rings: The War in the North - Launch Trailer

While Frodo and Sam were off hiking there was so much going on in the north.

Watch Video

Just looks like a reskinned version of the previous LOTR action games

I hate to be a bit of an ass about it, but I'm really glad you finally stopped labeling it as LOTRO

Coming soon to a bargain box near you

Not like any of this ever happened. Couldn't they have actually had you fight in the War for the North and not make up crap about it.

Extremely... meh.

Just looks like everything thats been done with LOTR games before.

Hmmm... LOTR: The War in the North

OR

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I know which one I'll be buying this month.

I was burned by LOTR: Conquest, I shall not make the same mistake again. Perhaps I'll pick this up in the January sales.

Fuck Skyrim, I know where my money is going :)

They slipped in a release date change at the end. It says 25-11-11 but all sites show November 1 as the current release date.

I already pre-ordered this sucker months ago. LotR: WitN is being done by Snowblind, whose last entries of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath and Return to Arms were all pretty damn good hack and slash games. Hopefully, this game will scratch my dungeon crawler itch that Hunted and Dungeon Siege 3 couldn't quite get.

This one swept in completely under the radar for me, i'd like it to be good, but i have very fond memories of ROTK (the game) that will be hard to beat.

makes me miss the Return of the King game...which was awesome...and had co-op for some awesome fun

hopefully this game will be good cuz I definitely would like some Middle Earth action butttt will have to wait and see

Flying Dagger:
This one swept in completely under the radar for me, i'd like it to be good, but i have very fond memories of ROTK (the game) that will be hard to beat.

duchaked:
makes me miss the Return of the King game...which was awesome...and had co-op for some awesome fun

hopefully this game will be good cuz I definitely would like some Middle Earth action butttt will have to wait and see

I still have ROTK and have been playing it recently. It remains probably the best LOTR game to date and for a movie tie in, that's quite an achievement.

The co-op truly was some awesome fun! I have some good times playing it together with friends.

Oh my fucking god!! I sooo am nit buying Sykrim now. I want this game so badly, I can hardly contain my inocuaous joy! I will definit- no, I don't want it.

Fuck this, I'm waiting for the 11th.

Haters gonna hate, I suppose.
Hell, a true RPG in Middle Earth... Works for me well enough. I'm looking forward to it.

Damn, but why isn't EA capable of making something of LOTR other than a hack 'n slash? Well, I suppose that they made BFME, but the source material is so wonderful and vast, yet they're squandering it on crappy fighting games. I enjoyed Dark Alliance, but there's nothing in anything I've read about this game to indicate that it's going to be remotely like it.

So... They just remade Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone and set it in Middle Earth? I guess I'm ok with that

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here