Unskippable: Call of Juarez: The Cartel Part 1

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hadn't seen much footage of this game until now... what was up with the weird head-movements? It was like everyone had a turtle neck.
Looking forward to Part 2. :-)

Didn't notice the skip button again, didja?

What's funny is that skip button. Even the game seems to be saying "I'm ashamed, Please Skip This Now!!!!!!"

Huh... a game that is less pleasant than actually participating in the drug war

holds the record for the Single largest drug seizure in Southern California history

I'll bet he'll never buy from THAT dealer again.

He lies, he cheats, he steals.

Wait, Canadia can take Mexico? Pfft. I'd like to see you try!

Zachary Amaranth:
Wait, Canadia can take Mexico? Pfft. I'd like to see you try!

INSTIGATOR :P

OT: That terrible audio recording equipment they used to film that footage really distracted me.

Hmm. Honestly I was expecting something more fitting for Halloween like Dead Island or something. Good thing I didn't announce any predictions.

But wow, you two tore into this game quite well. First Yahtzee delivered his hatred towards it a few months back, and now this. And you're not done ripping into this game. I'll eagerly wait for part 2.

GRAHAM: So like the A-Team, but shitty.
PAUL: Well, like the A-Team with lots of government oversight.
GRAHAM: So, shitty.

Well, the A-Team is "still wanted by the government," so yeah, that WOULD be a shitty A-Team.

Also, Dave Upfuckerson? Now THAT was funnier than hell.

EDIT:
Just watched the following after noticing the link in this thread...

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/call-of-juarez-the-cartel

The Extra Credits guys were SO not happy with this game. My condolences to them for putting up with it.

THEY ARE IN THE CONE OF SILENCE!

That's why the audio is so fucked up.

I've seen a walkthrough of this game and the only character i like was Eddie that's because he's badass. But overall this is such a shit game seems like Ubisoft had no clue on how to handle this situation and took a serious topic and turned into pile of shit

God damn. The game's voices sounded so odd that I kept hoping they'd press the circle button. What did they do, go on eBay and buy the cheapest mic available?!

About half way thought I thought I was watching an LP and was about to try skipping the cut scene.

I wanted to skip "unskippable". This cutscene was so bad Graham and Paul couldn't make it watchable.

I like how the subtitles seperated Vietnam as two words instead of either adding a -, or move it down to make it one whole word.

And I'm glad Graham made a comment about their voice acting.

EDIT: Weird. It said that Vietnam can be spelled like Viet Nam. I'm more use to seeing it as one whole word.

"We need to let the public know that any foreign asshat who comes after us in our own country will get lit up like a goddamn christmas tree."

Wow yeah, real mature dude. What kind of fucking game is this!?

Graham_LRR:
Answer the call of Juarez.

Nah, I think I'll let this one go to voice mail.

Redlin5:

INSTIGATOR :P

What can I say? I'm sick of all this belligerent talk from Canadia. IT'S PUT UP OR SHUT UP TIME!

>.>

so is it just me, or did every male character look the same? likewise with the female characters, only with a slight palette swap of skin tones.

also, which guy was the ninja cop supposed to be?

CpnChaos:
What's funny is that skip button. Even the game seems to be saying "I'm ashamed, Please Skip This Now!!!!!!"

Exactly what I thought. That was not a normal place for a skip button. That was a skip button trying to do it's best to obscure it's own cutscene out of embarrassment

Did they have two motion capture people working on the same person? Like one for the head and one for the rest of the body? Because that's what it looked like.

Unhappy Crow:
I like how the subtitles seperated Vietnam as two words instead of either adding a -, or move it down to make it one whole word.

And I'm glad Graham made a comment about their voice acting.

EDIT: Weird. It said that Vietnam can be spelled like Viet Nam. I'm more use to seeing it as one whole word.

Viet Nam (or Việt Nam) is how it is spelled in Vietnamese. All the words in Vietnamese are monosyllabic ...expect for a few exceptions borrowed from other languages.

Oh god, that audio was recorded by a real professional studio? Paul and Graham sound clearer. Looking forward to part 2.

Amazing! Two lines, and I hate the main character!

Wow I knew there were budget issues in Washington, but when did they start holding meetings in giant tin cans?

I am happy to see the wealth of crappy intro scenes in video gaming. That means that you guys will be around a loooooong time, which is cool.
I am happier to see I almost own zero games of the ones you talk about, which saves my neurons tremendously.

"We are very festive", brilliant.
Great show again.
:-)

Wow, that was a hard one. Must have been worth, like, 90 picarats

Wow, could the developers have made this cutscene any more dull if they tried?

Whaaaaat?! Was that an Eddie Guerrero reference? Nice!

-Samurai-:
Whaaaaat?! Was that an Eddie Guerrero reference? Nice!

Good to know that he hasn't been forgotten. Viva la Raza!

Reptiloid:
Wow, could the developers have made this cutscene any more dull if they tried?

They could have painted it brown, that's the only way it could have been duller!

Not to put down the series as a whole but this was by far the best episode I've seen in a while! Keep up the excellent work guys!! I haven't played this game yet though.

the EPA got a lot of attention in the Simpson's Movie :D

and yes, I'm sure it was pretty awkward that his biggest drug bust ever was his own car LOL

What was with Ben McCall? They had to randomly slap a cowboy into a game set in modern North Mexico to try and shoehorn this into the Call of Juarez title? Once again, the shamelessness of the people who made this game astounds me.

wow , so many great riffs in this episode. ^^

Fun Fact: The Mexican dude has also voiced the male Latino voice in Saints Row 2. I know that because I used his voice for my character in that game. XD

Did anyone see how bizarre that guy's neck was?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here