The Escapist Presents: Escapecraft Halloween Build Winners

Escapecraft Halloween Build Winners

The top 5 entries, plus one bonus, from the Escapecraft Halloween.

Watch Video

They all look so cool. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to pick a winner from the bunch.

It makes me want to join minecraft just to explore stuff, because I wouldn't have the patience to build anything of that magnitude.

It must have taken forever for the last one.

The only thing I'd suggest for future videos is perhaps a voice over explaining what was there? Just means you don't have to fill the screen with white text. Only a minor quibble though, I think this is a really cool idea for a serious, the sort of thing I come to the escapist for.

oh and the Ghast should have one, nothing more terrifying then a ghast.

They are all winners in my eyes!

I wish I could build epic things like these, I struggle with building stairs... .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwCojCJ3-Q

Meow, copyright of Cyriak and Sarah Brown :D

I'm impressed by Jawagrunt's castle. It looks similar to an Imperator Titan.
Which I'd like to see them build, since that entry was so good >.>

Another suggestion is to remove the chat/inv (F1) it will give more space to show off the designs. Or cover it over with black and use white text on the black background to explain what we are looking at (if there is no voice). White text on light backgrounds that are changing can be hard to read.

"You know what that mountain needs? A skull fortress with eyes that weep lava..."

That ringing any bells? Anyone?

Oh come on, how could a ghast in pentagram nightclub NOT be your number one?

There was something missed in the Santa's Workshop: A very well done reference to "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream." They should have used the elf entrance.

Awww, Nasrin made a Boo.:) Cute! All these were awesome, though!

SachielOne:
There was something missed in the Santa's Workshop: A very well done reference to "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream." They should have used the elf entrance.

This is the second reference I've seen to this elf entrance. Where must I go to find out what the hell it is?

Formica Archonis:

This is the second reference I've seen to this elf entrance. Where must I go to find out what the hell it is?

The second reference I've made, as I am the same SachielOne you saw speaking in the video. I'll see what I can do about getting some video of that section up.

There were much much better entries than the ones shown. The whole contest was fixed. One of the best entries was FenixonFire's Halloween House, it should have one something, and RiffRaff's ghost train was cool, and couple other who didn't get mention had awesome entries.

SachielOne:

Formica Archonis:

The second reference I've made, as I am the same SachielOne you saw speaking in the video.

I R observnt! (Sigh.) Did NOT see that at all.

SachielOne:
I'll see what I can do about getting some video of that section up.

Cool, thanks! Even a few static screenies would be nice, if video's not possible.

Baldr:
There were much much better entries than the ones shown. The whole contest was fixed. One of the best entries was FenixonFire's Halloween House, it should have one something, and RiffRaff's ghost train was cool, and couple other who didn't get mention had awesome entries.

Fenix seems to have a knack for brilliant architecture. he recently made a house in my town of MagmaVale and my mind was blown. :D

Why isn't this part of the Escapecraft series?
Great work here, some real time and effort went into this and it really payed off!
Also, nice job Nasrin on your first MC creation!

Formica Archonis:

Cool, thanks! Even a few static screenies would be nice, if video's not possible.

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjXzSY2ca_U

SachielOne:

Formica Archonis:

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjXzSY2ca_U

.... wow. That's all kinds of effed up. Genius, but effed up genius. The reindeer boxes were a nice touch! (Explains why the stable was empty....)

Thanks for the video!

Baldr:
The whole contest was fixed.

This line here, absent any evidence at all in your post aside from personal opinion, displays the worst form of Sour Grapes. If you disagree with the judges' ruling, that's fine, but to cast baseless accusations of misconduct in order to denigrate the contest as a whole is childish.

paulgruberman:

Baldr:

This line here, absent any evidence at all in your post aside from personal opinion, displays the worst form of Sour Grapes. If you disagree with the judges' ruling, that's fine, but to cast baseless accusations of misconduct in order to denigrate the contest as a whole is childish.

Ok, now that you mentioned it, I have no stake in the contest even though I was an entry(I'm already royalty and pub club member.) When I was first going to find my plot on the first day in the first couple hours all the winning entries chosen were already built. Every contest I participated in Escapecraft, they always post the scores of the judging. They did not release the score on this one. Several contest entries were deleted on the day judging, including mine, "for filming purposes", even though my contest entry had a low profile and was not near any of the winning entries. This is not sour grapes, there was something serious wrong with this contest.

I also found it kinda rude to showcase a judges entry like a winner also.

Baldr:
When I was first going to find my plot on the first day in the first couple hours all the winning entries chosen were already built.

There is never such a thing as coincidence after all. I also highly doubt they were all finished that same day.

Every contest I participated in Escapecraft, they always post the scores of the judging. They did not release the score on this one.

In what way?

Here's the results of the previous Big Build.

Here's the results of this one.

That's all that was released concerning judging. Please tell me what the difference is. I would very much like to know.

Several contest entries were deleted on the day judging, including mine, "for filming purposes"...

As indeed they were, oddly enough. The moderator who volunteered to do this, because we were asked to, initially deleted entries (which were all backed up by the way) before being told that it would be easier to copy the winning entries over to a different location where they could be filmed.

Finally, what would be the point in rigging anything? I already pointed out the ridiculousness of conspiring to fix video game contests in a PM I sent you; what on earth could we stand to gain?

Baldr:

paulgruberman:

Baldr:

Ok, now that you mentioned it, I have no stake in the contest even though I was an entry(I'm already royalty and pub club member.) When I was first going to find my plot on the first day in the first couple hours all the winning entries chosen were already built. Every contest I participated in Escapecraft, they always post the scores of the judging. They did not release the score on this one. Several contest entries were deleted on the day judging, including mine, "for filming purposes", even though my contest entry had a low profile and was not near any of the winning entries. This is not sour grapes, there was something serious wrong with this contest.

As a Judge of this contest, I am surprised you would even say that.

I voted with what I liked and it seems the other judges agreed with me for the most part.

Baldr:

paulgruberman:

Baldr:

I didn't even get to look around to see what I was going to judge until Saturday. In fact, none of the judges even communicated until Saturday. The reason there were some issues with the video (not getting the elf entrance at the North Pole, text instead of voice overs) is all because the turn around time had to be within the span of a single day. I personally rushed this through so you guys could have it to look at BY Halloween, since it was a Halloween competition after all.

There was a formula for judging the winners, only 3 of my picks were even in the top 10 list.

I apologize if you think it's inappropriate that I included my project. I didn't win any sort of prize for it (i built it in spite of being ineligible), and I spent a lot of time working on it, so I don't really see what the issue with sharing that is.

Wokka1 saved a copy of all the builds, if you want your project back I'm sure something can be arranged. I wanted the extraneous builds removed while I was recording footage in order to reduce lag and to make it easier for me to find things.

Anything else?

- Nas

damn. now i want to play minecraft but i can't because the graphics card on my computer crashed....fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here