Trailers: Lord Of The Rings: The War in the North - Slay the Orcs!

Lord Of The Rings: The War in the North - Slay the Orcs!

A gorier and bloodier look at this Tolkien inspired tale.

Watch Video

In the movie wasn't there a bit where a Goblin in Moria gets it head clear chopped off, right on screen and in total focus.

That's pretty gory from what I remember.

Oh, and you cannot feel sorry for orcs. Ever. It is the cardinal sin of Orcs.

*GASP* A game where you hit enemies with swords and axes and there is ACTUAL gore and dismemberment, as opposed to having your armor look like it's menstruating after every battle?

vrbtny:
In the movie wasn't there a bit where a Goblin in Moria gets it head clear chopped off, right on screen and in total focus.

Don't forget Aragorn's fight with Lurtz at the end of Fellowship

I think that given the amount of freedom they had to do more adult things like dismemberment, they should have made a good game. All the reviews talk about how boring the combat is, which really sucks. There have been few good titles using this property. It's a shame.

if you have a M rated game, you should put more in then just blod og Gore

The game (from what little we get to see) seems solid enough, so why the fuck did you make the trailer some random wannabe celebrity promotion...
If you took money out of the dev pot to pay for these clueless monkeys I am gonna choke some bitches.

DVS BSTrD:
*GASP* A game where you hit enemies with swords and axes and there is ACTUAL gore and dismemberment, as opposed to having your armor look like it's menstruating after every battle?

vrbtny:

Don't forget Aragorn's fight with Lurtz at the end of Fellowship

Ew, yes just remembered that.... nasty.

A lot more lingering camera on that one.

Well, I'm disappointed by this trailer. I was hoping to see gameplay with "Destroy the Orcs" by 3 Inches of Blood playing in the background. Also, I don't know half of the celebrities here so why should I care what they have to say about the game? Still, the... uh, animations look solid.

vrbtny:

Oh, and you cannot feel sorry for orcs. Ever. It is the cardinal sin of Orcs.

We actually held a presentation about media violence and how it has developed over the years, in comparison was an actor getting shot in a 60s western and Lurz getting his arm and head chopped off in a movie for 12 year olds. Yep, modern times :)

From the trailer you can see that the combat won't be as fun as the people describe it, it's just...it looks repetetive. They don't say anything about a story line either, so you're just walking around fighting baddies? Doesn't sound repetetive AT ALL.

Alright, maybe I don't give this game the respect it deserves, I don't know. I'm not going to buy it anyway as I'm not really into gaming at the moment. Good to see though that game developers don't let LOTR die, I like the franchise a lot.

mfG diebane

This trailer has me good and concerned. I never look for an M or otherwise. I look for solid development, and entertainment value. If I want to see spurts of blood, I could just watch the jigsaw movies over and over again. The fact that the blood was the only thing they REALLY took time to advertise here is disturbing.

dietpeachsnapple:
This trailer has me good and concerned. I never look for an M or otherwise. I look for solid development, and entertainment value. If I want to see spurts of blood, I could just watch the jigsaw movies over and over again. The fact that the blood was the only thing they REALLY took time to advertise here is disturbing.

My sentiments exactly. This looks like a remake of the official Return of the King game, except... with blood and not so many enemies on the screen at once. Not to mention that chopping heads clean off with hammers tells that this is violence for the sake of violence...

And I'm still patiently waiting for a game about racism done on Orcs.

Mordekaien:

dietpeachsnapple:

My sentiments exactly. This looks like a remake of the official Return of the King game, except... with blood and not so many enemies on the screen at once. Not to mention that chopping heads clean off with hammers tells that this is violence for the sake of violence...

Same here. I'd love for this game to be good, but this trailer leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's just a bunch of talking heads saying, "Look at our game! It's M-rated! And has blood!" Which is sort of like saying, "Look at this sandwich, it has bread!"

Tell me what ELSE it has besides gore, and then I might get excited.

Mordekaien:

dietpeachsnapple:

Now you have me all excited! A game detailing the history of orc oppression by humans. The slow transition of a nomadic tribe culture shifting to the warmer embrace of totalitarian rule by demonic and magical forces. Finally, the desperate fight to overthrow the ethnocentric hegemony that stands inside "civilized," realms, ultimately to be slaughtered en mass by rouge kings, dwarfish remnants, and elven allies. Oh, and trees.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here