Trailers: Sonic Generations - Launch Trailer

Sonic Generations - Launch Trailer

Watch Sonic launch himself into the air in this aptly named launch trailer.

Watch Video

Yeah, it looks kind of fun. But I don't have the luxury to afford more than one game per month. Maybe I'll get it next year or so because... You know, Skyrim.

I'm confused right now? Can you choose whether to play each map in 3D or 2D... because that would be awesome. I mean, it would literally make the game twice as long. But, this looks cool. I'm a bit disappointed though. With the last Sonic game (Colours I think), everyone mentioned how incredible a game it is when it's confined to a 2D plain. I thought Sega would have smartened up and kept the games more like that.

Baresark:
I'm confused right now? Can you choose whether to play each map in 3D or 2D... because that would be awesome. I mean, it would literally make the game twice as long. But, this looks cool. I'm a bit disappointed though. With the last Sonic game (Colours I think), everyone mentioned how incredible a game it is when it's confined to a 2D plain. I thought Sega would have smartened up and kept the games more like that.

I think they don't want to fall into a trap of doing the same thing over and over. Not saying it's not fun, but I think they want to keep bringing something new to the table and not doing the same thing over and over again like, ya know, Megaman.

Baresark:

Each level will have a 2D version (technically, it will still be rendered in 3D) with Classic Sonic and a 3D version with Modern Sonic. The 2D version will play like the Genesis games and the 3D version will be like Sonic Colors, wich will still feature a couple of 2D sections.

I seriously can't wait to get this game, it's gonna be awesome =D

Baresark:

Don't underestimate the 3D segments just yet. From what I played in the demo, it controlled really nicely, and the sense of speed is fantastic. I don't know if you liked this style of gameplay in Unleashed/Colors (I don't even know if you've played them) but I'd only be skeptical if I *really* hated that.

But I didn't =P

I'll be picking this up over the weekend. I'd go get it right now, but I'm right in the middle of a ridiculously huge homework binge.

EDIT: As I watch more and more footage, I'm getting very tempted to leave and get this RIGHT NAOW!!!

Must...do...homework!

I've seen a few reviews and the game seems to be great. I'm waiting on the public's reaction though.

PhunkyPhazon:
EDIT: As I watch more and more footage, I'm getting very tempted to leave and get this RIGHT NAOW!!!

Must...do...homework!

I'm in the same boat....I have a midterm tomorrow and I just...can't...FOCUS!

:( I really really want this game.

Gonna wait till Christmas for the PC version. Batman: Arkham City is my focus right now. But I saw the first few levels in a live stream and damn does it look good.

Triforceformer:
Gonna wait till Christmas for the PC version. Batman: Arkham City is my focus right now. But I saw the first few levels in a live stream and damn does it look good.

Replace Arkham City with Mario Kart 7 and you have my sentiment on the game.

aegix drakan:

PhunkyPhazon:

Must...do...homework!

I'm in the same boat....I have a midterm tomorrow and I just...can't...FOCUS!

:( I really really want this game.

Well, it's a bit easier for me now. It turns out Gamefly just shipped it to me, which is shocking because I've been using them for 7 years and I've *never been able to get a brand spanking new release.

Now the only drawback is that I have to wait until at least Thursday. But considering that I'm still nowhere close to being done with homework, maybe that's for the best.

Looks good, I might rent this from gamefly or something. Though with Skyrim and SR3 right around the corner I gotta save my cash.

I know Sonic's been in a bad place for a while now, and that I haven't bought any of Sonic's recent games, but this looks so goddamn promising and fun, that I'm not sure I can resist it anymore. I mean who can resist HD remakes of Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant Zone?

Edit: Thinking of getting on PC, but the controls will be really awkward with that...don't really know how thats supposed to work.

ActionDan:
Edit: Thinking of getting on PC, but the controls will be really awkward with that...don't really know how thats supposed to work.

Get a controller of some sort and hope it doesn't require a specific one. That's actually something I really hate...and why I like AC2...

leet_x1337:

ActionDan:

Get a controller of some sort and hope it doesn't require a specific one. That's actually something I really hate...and why I like AC2...

Do you already have an Xbox 360?, if you do, you already have the best controller for a PC and the most used for PC games (that require it). Plug it into your PC and it will immedeatly install itself (you may need to download Microsoft's drivers for it though). There, you're done.

SupahGamuh:

leet_x1337:

ActionDan:

Do you already have an Xbox 360?, if you do, you already have the best controller for a PC and the most used for PC games (that require it). Plug it into your PC and it will immedeatly install itself (you may need to download Microsoft's drivers for it though). There, you're done.

Unfortunately, I don't have a 360, so I can't have a 360 controller. And the wired ones that connect to a computer are bloody expensive too... and I won't be able to justify it, since I already have a controller.

leet_x1337:
Snip.

I got a generic wired 360 controller for about $20 and although it doesn't feel as comfortable as the real thing, it works wonderfully.

Just a friendly advise, I know the controller can be expensive, but, ironically, for PC gaming it's worth it, because if you want to use other controllers, you may need to configure and download a lot of stuff to get it working. As I said, just a friendly advise, if you still want to use your controller, then go ahead =)

SupahGamuh:

leet_x1337:
Snip.

I got a generic wired 360 controller for about $20 and although it doesn't feel as comfortable as the real thing, it works wonderfully.

Just a friendly advise, I know the controller can be expensive, but, ironically, for PC gaming it's worth it, because if you want to use other controllers, you may need to configure and download a lot of stuff to get it working. As I said, just a friendly advise, if you still want to use your controller, then go ahead =)

Eh, as long as the configuration software is free and someone wrote a guide to the UI on a forum somewhere, I can probably make it work. Although I tend to be a sheep in gaming anyway, as much as I hate to admit it, so I'll probably just get a 360-for-Windows controller...

...then I won't feel as bad about needing Games for Windows Live on my computer to play games with Batman in.

leet_x1337:

ActionDan:

Ah yes but chances are, if I have to get a decent controller (since most cheap PC controllers I've had the Analog stick doesn't really work as well as a PS3 or 360's controller) it'll cost a fair bit and for that I may as well get it on my PS3.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here