Name Game: The Never Ending Game

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Never Ending Game

Prepare to die... OF GIGGLES

Read Full Article

I'm enjoying watching my roomate play this too, and we had pretty much the same reaction when we first saw that guy. Figured it was some kinda encounter and then he started talking...

Really weird bloody game.

...This is quite possibly one of the greatest things I have ever seen. I now want From Software to make a patch or some dlc or something that adds Falcor into the game. If they did that Dark Souls would pretty much lock itself in place as one of the greatest games of all time.

A friend watched my first attempt at Sen's Fortress. He was laughing his ass off as I got nailed by every trap at least once. It is a fun game to watch for schadenfreude.

Sen's Fortress...

I remember my first visit. It was fun, well, until I got molested by every trap setup in the place.

Now I can just stroll through the place like a boss.

Falcor would be the greatest mount EVER!

Yep. It's a wierd game alright. That Frampt fellow definitely threw me off when he started talking.

The worst is when you're exploring some side area that isn't really important and you're so anal about trying to collect all the loot that you fall to your death a hundred damn times and keep having to redo it. I can't remember the name of the place but it's a secret passage from the swamp under Blighttown, and you gotta make your way down a root system with very careful jumps. Also, it's extremely annoying because it's super friggin hard to collect even a single gem lizard and there is at least 5 or 6 of them down there.

The gaping dragon looks like a Galgamex vagina!

sorry for the double post

For those who don't get the extra joke;

YEEEEEAH! YEEEEEEEEAAHH!

Ah, Falcor. Long time no see. Good times.

Well dang. I knew there was a game missing from my "to get" list.

*writes down*

I think a little part of me died laughing.

Correction: Those are gargoyles on the rooftop, not dragons.

Haha. I love Dark Souls but that's awesome.

It's also definitely the kind of game that spectators get an entirely different type of amusement from it. My friends took great pleasure in my struggles during Demon's Souls which was all well and good... for a while. It quickly turned into plenty of 'shut the fuck up' moments for me.

DVS BSTrD:
Falcor would be the greatest mount EVER!

But only if the theme to the Neverending Story was playing in the background as you rode.

Yeah it is .... Really not wanting you to be alive.
Well I was like 'THE F* ARE YOU!' initially on seeing Frampt.
Then I met his evil twin and he was much nicer.. Also less sleepy.

Oh and the part in the Woods, where you get the forest hunter covenant, I stood still for 3 seconds hoping the big white cat would not kill me. (Not knowing that it was the covenant holder x.x I saw it and I nearly got a heartattack. Haha. Yeah I expected it to jump me and kill me. hehe.)

Daystar Clarion:
Sen's Fortress...

I remember my first visit. It was fun, well, until I got molested by every trap setup in the place.

Now I can just stroll through the place like a boss.

You mean after completing the game for the first time it was a breeze? I have been looking all over for that dang bonfire in Sens Fortress for aaaages. And the giant was still throwing stuff at me :P

I have no idea what this is but I laughed anyways.

I'm guessing these guys don't get dental if this guy's teeth are any indication

hahah loved the last paragraph at the end there...good stuff.

i might just have to get dark souls so i can have lulz over this stuff.

I would soooooooooooo play that!

I would laugh at Dark Souls too if I wasn't too busy dying...
Awesome last two panels.

Scrumpmonkey:
For those who don't get the extra joke;

YEEEEEAH! YEEEEEEEEAAHH!

My thought when I saw this too. Thanks for posting the clip though, free laughs.

No, the funniest part of the game is the channelers trident.

If you don't know, put on your gold serpent ring, run to the dukes archives, and kill the teleporting guys that cast soul arrow until they drop their trident.

Put on the most serious and intimidating armor you have, wield the trident in two hands, press strong attack, and go into a laughing coma.

I can't see myself being patience enough to play this game. Never cared about its prequel either.

Also, I laughed at that last two panels. Yeah.

CUTE!

Don't bust me for a low content post I don't have much else to say. But yeah, I could see them being relatives, Both friendly, both magical, both kinda ugly to look at.

The last two panels killed me and it might be that her expression was hilarious.

I haven't gotten that far in the game, but he really does look like Falcor, but way more creepy.

On a completely unrelated note: Vagina Dentata in Guild Wars:

Might this become a new trend?

What?! The Gaping Dragon has an attack called 'engorge', which exposes it'd head? Clearly, a middle school boy wrote this game.

Wolfram01:
Yep. It's a wierd game alright. That Frampt fellow definitely threw me off when he started talking.

The worst is when you're exploring some side area that isn't really important and you're so anal about trying to collect all the loot that you fall to your death a hundred damn times and keep having to redo it. I can't remember the name of the place but it's a secret passage from the swamp under Blighttown, and you gotta make your way down a root system with very careful jumps. Also, it's extremely annoying because it's super friggin hard to collect even a single gem lizard and there is at least 5 or 6 of them down there.

The area you're referring to is The Great Hollow, which leads to Ash Lake. Thw worst part about the Hollow though isn't just the fall, but the basilisks and mushroom men as well. Those are so far the most annoying enemies in the game (right next toe he bird-men in Painted World and the insanely hard to kill armoured gaurds in Anor Londo)

captcha: William nightyi.....I think I'll use that as the name of my next character profile

Bizarrely Kingseeker Frampt has the Same voice artist as the narrator from Anno 1404. Most useless piece of game related trivia I know

I feel I must post this...

I rented Dark Souls and loved it
I killed any NPC I found though due to them having better armour than me...and I wanted it

FUCK YOU DARK SOULS! I HAD THE LAST LAUGH!

Thought of this immediately. I know people have posted videos, but i don't care. :)

freaper:
On a completely unrelated note: Vagina Dentata in Guild Wars:

Might this become a new trend?

Where the hell is that in Guildwars?! I've never seen it before.

O.T: To this day seeing Bastian riding Falcor as they chase the bullies into the dumpster makes me warm inside.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here