Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review

If you don't have a PS3, go get one.

Read Full Article

I really need to get a PS3 sometime in the future.

I'm actually planning to get a PS3, just for these games. I think Xbox has better exclusives over the PS3 exclusives, but these games do look amazing.

OK Susan I'll take your word for it, I'll pre-order it.
I'm really itching for a game with a good story.

I'll have to disagree on the story, it's honestly the weakest in the series.

Maybe if they hadn't included that random pirate subplot...

No game makes such great use of big spaces and set pieces better than Uncharted

Oh, so Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia have dissapeared from the face of the earth and from human history?

That looks really, really... average. Seems to be missing the kind of 'wow factor' of its predecessor, especially in terms of epic vistas.
Oh well, it was never going to be more than a rental for me, anyway.

Akichi Daikashima:

No game makes better use of big spaces

Oh, so Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia have dissapeared from the face of the earth and from human history?

I love Prince of Persia, I do, but I think Uncharted does it better.

Sonicron:
That looks really, really... average. Seems to be missing the kind of 'wow factor' of its predecessor, especially in terms of epic vistas.
Oh well, it was never going to be more than a rental for me, anyway.

I left certain things out specifically to avoid spoilers. The areas shown in the video aren't the most exceptional locations.

Susan Arendt:

Akichi Daikashima:

No game makes better use of big spaces

Until a HD remake of Prince of Persia Sands of Time comes out, I don't think that I could legally say that.

Also, just play any Assassin's Creed game(preferably II or revelations).

Akichi Daikashima:

Susan Arendt:

Akichi Daikashima:

Until a HD remake of Prince of Persia Sands of Time comes out, I don't think that I could legally say that.

Also, just play any Assassin's Creed game(preferably II or revelations).

I have, and they're gorgeous. But I think Uncharted has a particular mastery of visuals that surpasses Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed.

Your mileage may vary, of course. They're all visually impressive and beautiful, so I'm not going to call you crazy if you disagree with my point of view.

If this is what I'm missing out by not having a PS3, I think I'll manage. It just doesn't look like it has that special something that makes games click for me. I'll give it a try if I ever get a chance, but I'm not losing any sleep over missing out on this particular game.

Maybe if I didn't have the Assassin's Creed games I'd be singing a different tune, but for now I'm content.

I expected nothing less than fantastic.

Good to see that Naughty Dog is still bringing the thunder.

Now all we need is Jak 4.

Meh, I enjoyed the last two Uncharted games, I'll pick this one up eventually but there are more enjoyable games I'm saving the money for.

Assassin's Creed Revelations
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Skyrim
Saints Row the Third

These are a few of my favourite things.

I'm picking it up, I'm skipping Battlefield, COD and Assassins Creed this year Ive played the last three of each with diminishing returns each time.

Batman, UC 3 and Skyrim should see me through to the new Year, maybe Saints row depending on reviews and multiplayer

TOMORROW!

I'm gonna play the shit outta this game just like i have with the other two. Going three for three with Uncharted platinums :D

And i'm really looking forward to trying the multiplayer (missed out on the beta) and see what kinds of changes have been made 'cause i thought Uncharted 2 fell kinda flat on that one.

Heh, "nards."

Picking up my copy this evening. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

I'm seriously looking forward to getting this... Sadly, my budget for games was completely axed this year, and I could only pick one game to pre-order out of the entire STELLAR lineup... and I went with AC:Revelations.

Batman, Drake, and Big Boss (MGS HD bundle) are just gonna have to wait until Christmas or a major year-end sale for me to get them... not to mention a bit of campaigning with the family accountant.

I bought the game today...and found out I lost my ps3 controller...I can't buy one cause I bought the game...*cries in corner*

No game makes such great use of huge spaces and dramatic set pieces better than uncharted.

To which i reply, "what of Assassin's creed?"

Also I have a feeling Yahtzee is going to have a very different take but then that's his thing.

Susan, am I just crazy or did they bring up

, then completely drop that plot thread?

If so, I'm upset. I need to know, Naughty Dog! I MUST KNOW!

The game looks great, but after playing through the first two games - easy on the eyes and ears alike - even years ago, Uncharted 3 just isn't high up on my list. Sweaty palms from Drake's monkey-business aside, the games don't really bring anything new to the table, and after the first one you've pretty much played all three, the only difference is the Hollywood-style story that, while good, is something I'd rather sit back and watch than have to mash buttons for.

No game makes such great use of huge spaces and dramatic set pieces better than uncharted.

There is no space more huge than space. To that end, I offer Super Mario Galaxy. Sure it's not in 1080p, but that doesn't mean it can't still look absolutely amazing. And it's not even brown.

Sorry, I still don't like Nathan Drake's character, and I'm still no fan of cover-based combat, from the third or first person. Will probably get this eventually, but I'm not coughing up more than 30 bucks for it.

I this is one of those games that I'll pick up when it is a playstation greatest hits or whatever its called. I still have to get through the first and second game, and I'm really in no rush to get 3 especially since the multiplayer was a huge turn off for me. Seriously, I think this is the first time ever that a game's demo or beta has turned me completely off to a game.

Gman's uncle:
Sorry, I still don't like Nathan Drake's character, and I'm still no fan of cover-based combat, from the third or first person. Will probably get this eventually, but I'm not coughing up more than 30 bucks for it.

If you trade it into Gamestop before (I think December), you get $30 of credit. So technically buying it for $60, then trading it in for $30 would make it $30.

Rednog:
I this is one of those games that I'll pick up when it is a playstation greatest hits or whatever its called. I still have to get through the first and second game, and I'm really in no rush to get 3 especially since the multiplayer was a huge turn off for me. Seriously, I think this is the first time ever that a game's demo or beta has turned me completely off to a game.

The beta was done in the style of Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is actually significantly different from the beta.

it's coming in the morning...

*can't frickin wait*

the first two games were some of my favorites, if the controls are similar then i don't see how they are bad..regardless, about to do at least 2-3 playthroughs this next couple weeks of it.

JackandTom:
I'm actually planning to get a PS3, just for these games. I think Xbox has better exclusives over the PS3 exclusives, but these games do look amazing.

What exclusives? Halo that doesn't have Bungie anymore and the finished Gears trilogy?

It was a cruel, cruel joke of Naughty Dog to launch this game on the first day of NaNoWriMo. That being said, I'll be damned if I don't at least get an hour in tonight.

Kopikatsu:
Susan, am I just crazy or did they bring up

, then completely drop that plot thread?

If so, I'm upset. I need to know, Naughty Dog! I MUST KNOW!

You're not crazy, and thank you for using the spoiler tag for that! Let everyone find out on their own. I'm thinking that will be brought up again in the next game.

Frostbite3789:

JackandTom:

What exclusives? Halo that doesn't have Bungie anymore and the finished Gears trilogy?

Just because Halo doesn't have Bungie doesn't mean it's instantly bad. Besides, they're still exclusives even if the series has ended, not to mention the fact that Halo hasn't finished and Gears is getting campaign DLC. What exclusives does the PS3 have that are still ongoing?

Picking two collectors editions up tomorrow from GAME, one for me and one for my fiancée! Can't wait to play it now!

So this game is worth £300 is it? No? Didn't think so.

I want to play this so bad I am on the edge of my chair! O.O Have to wait a week! My other half is buying it for me and he has to mail it to me. D: I hope it gets here soooooon!!!!!!

I like how a game that completely justifies the purchase of a PlayStation 3 still only manages to get 4 and a half stars.

Picked up my copy today but it sucks working 3rd shift fulltime I couldn't get past the intro cutscene I was so sleepy. But what I've played so far just up till where Drake and Sully meet for the first time, WOW this is gonna be a great game.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here