Miracle of Sound: Zombie Holiday (Dead Island)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Zombie Holiday (Dead Island)

Bash and bludgeon all your cares away Zombie Holiday!

Watch Video

Not sure if it's one of your better ones, but it's certainly one of the funnier ones!
I like it!

And by funny I mean the contrast between the dubstep-ish intro, the calm verses and the freakish chorus and breakdowns. And the lyrics!

Ok, no more edits, I'm done. I swear!

Nice bit of genre mixing, and pretty funny to boot.

I can't say it's my favorite (though the reason escapes me), but I did definitely enjoy it.

So when can we expect "Miracle of Sound Goes Calypso"?

sound to me it would go double-Platinum

The chaotic overtones of rapidly switching musical genres seemed to work quite well, given the song, and the base material.

Not my type of music, but it sure serves well as a tribute to the game. Great work there.

Another great song from miracle really like the way he is not scared of trying rather experimental ideas.This one came off very well and really captures the dead island theme.

Struggled to figure out what was being roared on the second line of the chorus.

Yay!!! I love it when artists I like try to do weird funny things with their music. It doesn't strike me as deeply as, say, Little Sister, but this is a super fun song, though maybe a little too reference heavy in the lyrics (some other songs could work outside of knowing what the game is about).

My, my, aren't we prolific one, hmmm ? ;)

Spygon:
Another great song from miracle really like the way he is not scared of trying rather experimental ideas.This one came off very well and really captures the dead island theme.

Struggled to figure out what was being roared on the second line of the chorus.

Blow those undead Millionaires away
Zombie holiday
OT: My fave so far :) well done

Now this was a great song, love the back and forth between the holiday happy sounds and the zombie panic type noise. Fits the game perfectly! The only thing that was meh for me were some of the lyrics about the weapons. But again just awesome sauce.

I have to say i loved this one.

Gav, you're quite possibly a maniac and everyone loves you for it.
Great piece once again, however i did find the intro to be somewhat...lacking (i guess?). That's probably just me, though.

LOVED IT :D !!!

wow... nice!~ tropical+Metal=DeadIsland music and plus the house/trance intro goodness! it's like the entire Dead island packed in one song! (should have done a little bit of churchy music somewhere in the middle, because act 2 was quite long...)

Heh, my face changed expressions a lot when listening to this! From "Are you serious?" to "LOL!" to "This guy is fucking insane" to "I love this song" and back to "LOL!" again. So yeah, quite a varied song :D
First, the dubstep-ish part. Then the happy part. And then... the not so happy part.
This would have easily been in my top 3 or 5 of MoS songs, but i really don't like the heavier parts. They made the song funnier, and that's good... but i don't want to listen to the song as many times over and over as i would if there wouldn't had been such a part in it.
But nonetheless, it was a great song. Awesome work, Gavin!

ChocoFace:
Gav, you're quite possibly a maniac and everyone loves you for it.

Haha, you got the maniac bit right anyway :D

JesterRaiin:

Yes... we are also a little burned out form doing 30 new songs this year so may take a break in December :D

Owlslayer:
Heh, my face changed expressions a lot when listening to this! From "Are you serious?" to "LOL!" to "This guy is fucking insane" to "I love this song" and back to "LOL!" again. So yeah, quite a varied song :D

;) Kinda the reaction I was hoping for hehe

Wasn't sure what to expect from this going in but hot damn that was funny. How did you get those vox effects in the chorus?

it was a little weired at first then the chours came in and it got very nine inch nails and it made sense, good work man

MiracleOfSound:

JesterRaiin:

Yes... we are also a little burned out form doing 30 new songs this year so may take a break in December :D

WAR, THIS MEANS WAR ! I mean, ummmmmmmm, you'll rest after death. Now get your ass to work, it's "Normandy II" or else ! ;)

Aw man, I was hoping for a zombie version of Dreadlock Holiday. Oh well, still good.

Hmmm...
Not one of my favorites. Don't get me wrong, the mash up of genres was very clever, as that's exactly what the game was really, it's just that I don't think they meshed together particularly well. Still, I liked the verses a lot, and thought it was a smart portrayal of the game's setting.

Lexxicator:
Not my type of music, but it sure serves well as a tribute to the game. Great work there.

What type? The Caribbean sound or the Death Metal, because this is the first time I've heard them mixed...
And I think it works really well.

Even though I don't in any way condone brutality towards the mortally impaired, this has got to be one of my favorite MoS tunes.

Okay, it's a good song, objectively speaking. Problem: Does Dead Island really deserve this level of recognition? After everything it did wrong? The sexism controversy, the dev-build release controversy, etc?

So far the games you've made into song have been excellent, important, popular, or cultural touchstones in the world of gaming. Dead Island is none of those things.

Unless I'm just utterly in the minority about that.

Owlslayer:

This was my reaction too, basically :D. Absolutely loving this song, although if I had one (incredibly minor) criticism it's that the "d" in "sadistic" could have been enunciated a bit more clearly.

On another subject, I noticed you changed the lyrics in the Bandcamp version of Brothers of the Creed. Were you, as the new lyrics say, "forced to change"? Because I thought the comparisons you could draw from the old ones acted as a nice little counterweight to the otherwise positive lyrics, helping to remind the listener that for all their platitudes about freedom and free will, the assassins have still done some pretty awful things.

Errrr... dude? Not sure what I just witnessed.
If I had to draw up a comparison, I'd say this is what you get when you go on an acid trip with Marilyn Manson and the crew from Sesame Street.

This one was weird. Not good, not bad, just... weird. :\

I liked this a lot.
All your previous songs are a bit same-y.

Not in an awful way; they're all same-y and all really good.

This, though, is just... awesome.
The random style changes fit the game perfectly, the way it changes drastically between humorous and hardcore is exactly what Dead Island does.

I like it.

It makes me feel all jolly and happy, then all sadistic and schadenfreude. Then jolly again.

And it keeps reminding me of Two-Face which, as far as I'm concerned, is a good thing...I think.

-V

Not my favorite since I'm not really a fan of dubstep(ish) type music, but it was interesting to see how you incorporated all the different styles in there and it's good to see you explore different genres. The fact that you can pump out this many songs, this fast is a feat in itself. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Ok... the chorus in that one didn't agree with me much, though the idea of mixing the tropical style music with metal/dubstep/ whatever the chorus was, was clever enough.

General Michi:
Wasn't sure what to expect from this going in but hot damn that was funny. How did you get those vox effects in the chorus?

Screamed my head off through a guitar overdrive :D

Sonicron:

This one was weird.

That's what I wanted... Dead Island was confused, all over the place, disjointed and a bit wacky in its tone so I figured I'd make the song the same :D

SirCannonFodder:

On another subject, I noticed you changed the lyrics in the Bandcamp version of Brothers of the Creed. Were you, as the new lyrics say, "forced to change"?

Yes, the new lyrics have a double meaning. it's my little fourth wall breaking moment :D

I had to change them because people were saying the 'white hood' line was making them think of the KKK. (not sure why people felt it was fine for the game to be about guys in white hoods murdering people and not for the song to be, but there you go). So I was pretty much 'forced to change'.

'Signal's out of range' means basically, people misinterpreted what I was trying to say with the lyrics.

It also, more obviously, refers to the assassins and changes they had to make to become assassins.

Jungy 365:
Don't get me wrong, the mash up of genres was very clever, as that's exactly what the game was really, it's just that I don't think they meshed together particularly well.

That's kinda the point... Dead Island itself doesn't mesh it's serious and 'fun' tones very well and that's what I wanted to portray ;)

That was very different and entertaining! Nice to see your insanity shine through XD

Enjoyed it as always :)

MiracleOfSound:

SirCannonFodder:

On another subject, I noticed you changed the lyrics in the Bandcamp version of Brothers of the Creed. Were you, as the new lyrics say, "forced to change"?

Yes, the new lyrics have a double meaning. it's my little fourth wall breaking moment :D

I had to change them because people were saying the 'white hood' line was making them think of the KKK. (not sure why people felt it was fine for the game to be about guys in white hoods murdering people and not for the song to be, but there you go). So I was pretty much 'forced to change'.

'Signal's out of range' means basically, people misinterpreted what I was trying to say with the lyrics.

It also, more obviously, refers to the assassins and changes they had to make to become assassins.

Well, if its any consolation, I didn't think of the KKK. I thought of gang wars. You know, killing for good in my white hood, with hood being short for "neighborhood" so it's like killing for good in my white neighborhood.

Probably doesn't make you feel any better, but there it is :P

As for the song, well I liked it I suppose. Not too fond of Dead Island though, just burned out on zombies.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here