Miracle of Sound: Zombie Holiday (Dead Island)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Irridium:

As for the song, well I liked it I suppose. Not too fond of Dead Island though, just burned out on zombies.

yeah I'm pretty much done with zombies now for a while. Hopefully the games industry feels the same.

MiracleOfSound:

Sonicron:

This one was weird.

That's what I wanted... Dead Island was confused, all over the place, disjointed and a bit wacky in its tone so I figured I'd make the song the same :D

Ah. Well, that makes sense, then. :)
Also, it's yet another reason for me never to play this game. I despise zombies and zombie games, I hate challenge/level scaling, degradable weapons are bollocks... and anyone I turn to who's played it (including you) says the damn thing is about as focussed and coherent as a pile of dog poop dissolving in a murky swamp.

vxicepickxv:
The chaotic overtones of rapidly switching musical genres seemed to work quite well, given the song, and the base material.

I'd like to echo these sentiments. Really well done and kind of funny at the same time. Good job!

Holy crap, I like this track a lot. I've always been a fan of liberal bass, and Manson/industrial-ish screaming vocals worked great here. :D

I wasn't sure at first with that intro, but making differentiating the tropical paradise and the horror side to it made it interesting and worth more listens

MiracleOfSound:

SirCannonFodder:

On another subject, I noticed you changed the lyrics in the Bandcamp version of Brothers of the Creed. Were you, as the new lyrics say, "forced to change"?

Yes, the new lyrics have a double meaning. it's my little fourth wall breaking moment :D

I had to change them because people were saying the 'white hood' line was making them think of the KKK. (not sure why people felt it was fine for the game to be about guys in white hoods murdering people and not for the song to be, but there you go). So I was pretty much 'forced to change'.

'Signal's out of range' means basically, people misinterpreted what I was trying to say with the lyrics.

It also, more obviously, refers to the assassins and changes they had to make to become assassins.

Like I said, I kind of thought the discomfort caused by the implications was intentional, so while the rest of the song is all kick-ass and getting you pumped-up, there's this one little bit that makes you go "Wait a second...". That nicely parallels the games in how while the Assassins are all about fighting for free will against tyranny, they usually do so by arbitrarily (in the legal sense) brutally murdering figures of authority (not to mention the hundreds of guards and soldiers just doing their jobs).

I had to listen to this song twice, the second time was just to read the lyrics at the bottom, and then I got the joke. It's probably because I never played Dead Island and that's probably why I didn't get it at first, but now I do and me likey.

The beginning kinda sounded like, what if Akira Yamaoka created a Silent Hill song that took place at a rave, very trippy.

That was hilarious. While the song itself can't be really be classified as a "good" song, it did make me laugh several times. I suspect thats what you where going for as well.

Not amazing, but damned if it doesn't suit the game's tone.

Nice use of experimentation, either way.

Spygon:

Struggled to figure out what was being roared on the second line of the chorus.

You know the lyrics are like under the video right?

Sounds a lot like Dr. Steel's music- which is no bad thing.

Keep up the amazing work!

Loved the mixing styles

Akalabeth:

Spygon:

Struggled to figure out what was being roared on the second line of the chorus.

You know the lyrics are like under the video right?

Yep but i always like to listen to the song before i read the lyrics.Just during the song i was really trying to hear the words but then looked at the lyrics afterwards.This is why i said struggled as in the past tense instead of asking what he was saying.

And you might call us sadistic but I think we're altruistic
Put em out of their misery
So if you're in a pickle grab your cleaver and your sickle
And come euthanizing with me!

I loved that verse, as well as the peace line.
The heavy metal caught me off guard, just as the alien verse in the DNF song. However, the lyrics here are just so absurd and hilarious that it balances out. Plus, the instrumental work was really well done. Also found the occasional zombie noise in the background of the happy bits to add to the humor. Now I really want to try dead island.
But I have to ask: What were you on at the time of writing?

Sonicron:

Also, it's yet another reason for me never to play this game. I despise zombies and zombie games, I hate challenge/level scaling, degradable weapons are bollocks... and anyone I turn to who's played it (including you) says the damn thing is about as focussed and coherent as a pile of dog poop dissolving in a murky swamp.

All of these things are true. However, on the other hand, IT'S SO FUCKING FUN. It's one of those games that no matter how hard I try to stay impartial and consider its (many) flaws, I can't help loving it because beating the absolute shit out of zombies never gets old. Whatever other problems with the game, they have the melee combat absolutely perfect, and in my opinion, that alone makes it worth the price of admission.

OP: Synth Wigout!

Ugh. Dislike that new music stuff where it starts out easy then goes to a throat growling metal.

But this is still a funny one.

I'm not sure if this is considered dubstep, but it was a good song nonetheless.

I actually really liked this song... in fact, I would go so far as to call it my favorite Miracle of Sound. The juxtaposition was, in my opinion, flawless, and I feel the lyrics really picked up on the brain-numbingly fun experience the games combat engine offered.

Edit: Oh yeah, was I the only one amused that he got his "Distance traveled" achievement by being blown backwards by an explosion?

Now the real question: is that splat noise something you found or had to self generate? If yes, how many takes until you found just the right one? Haha.

Ehhhh. One of the rare songs I really didn't like at all. Well, that's not true. I loved the tropical sounding verses and the lyrics were, quite frankly genius. But the chorus did not sit well with me at all. It just felt too jarring, too different. I get why it fits with the tone of the game, but that doesn't make me like it anymore.

I'm not sure how much you get paid, but it needs to be more.

Conceptually this was a great song, and oddly catchy. Good Work!

I'll probably listen to this during a wonderfully awful summer holiday. :D

Is it me or is the music creepier when it's calm and relaxed while smashing in brains?

I mean. It's ... it's.. Creepy. Merry go lucky happy music paired with zombiesmashing. Good idea |3

The abrupt switch to another musical genre also works very well, though not really what I expected (gyaduh. What did I expect? It's a nice transition and creates that jockstraposition (And that is horrible spelling probably, but im to lazy to use google right now.)

Again, a thump up and the other cluthing the machette.

F-I-D-O:

Green tea and Corn Flakes, haha! I don't do drugs and think it's total bullshit when people claim they make better music when on them.

Strain42:

hehe, more moniess!!! I don't make very much money to be honest. I lose a lot to piracy.

Slycne:
Now the real question: is that splat noise something you found or had to self generate? If yes, how many takes until you found just the right one? Haha.

One take, ha! Just made a farting noise, it was easy :D

RTR:
I'm not sure if this is considered dubstep, but it was a good song nonetheless.

I wouldn't call it dubstep either myself.

Artists like the Prodigy have been making synths go 'WUB WUB' since long before dubstep existed and that's what I was trying to emulate.

emeraldrafael:
Ugh. Dislike that new music stuff where it starts out easy then goes to a throat growling metal.

That's not new, bands have been doing that since the 70s.

MiracleOfSound:

emeraldrafael:

well, I've been hearing it more and more lately, and its new to me.

Such a fun, quirky song. It makes me giggle every time I hear it jump back to the dub step sounding bits from the calypso stuff.

emeraldrafael:

MiracleOfSound:

emeraldrafael:

well, I've been hearing it more and more lately, and its new to me.

Then you're quite musically ignorant.

OT: This has been one of my favorites! I say that every week, but it's amazing. :D

MiracleOfSound:

F-I-D-O:

Green tea and Corn Flakes, haha! I don't do drugs and think it's total bullshit when people claim they make better music when on them.

Strain42:

hehe, more moniess!!! I don't make very much money to be honest. I lose a lot to piracy.

I'm kind of glad you weren't on drugs, it just proves you're crazy enough to make songs like this.
And do people really pirate your songs extensively? I get most of them on itunes/bandcamp, and it would seem easier to download from itunes/bandcamp than try and find each file on the torrents. Granted, I've never pirated, but still...it seems odd.
Looking forward to your next song! And I'll be sure to get this one when it goes live
Only eight more days till skyrim!

F-I-D-O:

And do people really pirate your songs extensively? I get most of them on itunes/bandcamp, and it would seem easier to download from itunes/bandcamp than try and find each file on the torrents. Granted, I've never pirated, but still...it seems odd.
Looking forward to your next song! And I'll be sure to get this one when it goes live
Only eight more days till skyrim!

Yep. I was pretty shocked first time I googled Miracle Of Sound torrent.

I don't sell many songs at all. People just take them. In fact I am quite broke at the moment and have been for quite some time. Oh well! At least last month was my best month for sales.

MiracleOfSound:

F-I-D-O:

Strain42:

*le gasp* People DO such a thing? Is there no more honesty left on the internet?

Well rest assured my good man, I bought the soundtrack fully legit. It is currently delivering ample rockage in my car on my daily commutes.

Strain42:

*le gasp* People DO such a thing? Is there no more honesty left on the internet?

Well rest assured my good man, I bought the soundtrack fully legit. It is currently delivering ample rockage in my car on my daily commutes.

Glad to hear it :)

I loved the contrast in the verses and chorus, the upbeat calypso with grotesque lyrics followed by punk-rock-meets-dubstep. Each song gets better and better. Keep it up Gav!

This musical interlude flipped the Holy Red Burger of The Flather Realm five times, while the spatula of the gods gained sentience and proclaimed its first (and last) words with great gusto: "I'M NOT A SPOON!", which, in terms of first words, are very praiseworthy.

It translates roughly into; This was a quite a interesting mix of styles Gavin. The chorus might be slightly too whiplash-y in my ears, but nice all around!

Humm bawappa hummbawappa waay...
Humm bawappa hummbawappa waay...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook