Trailers: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Well...at least there's more colour this time around.

Did you guys notice what's the motto on police squad cars? "Obey and Survive". Classic Rockstar humor. These guys are so awesome. This is the game that will make me buy a console, I just know it.

MarsProbe:

Oh, and to all the people in the Saints Row camp? If you haven't done so already, please make your own thread extolling the virtues of said game/series. Yes, we get it, You prefer SR to GTA. You think GTA IV was too serious and prefer the more lighthearted shenanigans of Saints Row. Well done. Let's all just enjoy the games we prefer in peace. Isn't it great the way we can all have different tastes yet still get along with other? It's things like that makes me like this community so much!

So much this. I loved GTA IV, and yet - Get this! - I'm also getting Saints Row: The Third! I know, I'm obviously some kind of mutant for enjoying both games for different reasons and acknowledging that both have their strengths. There can be only one!

In all seriousness, this GTA/Saints Row pissing contest I keep seeing all over the internet is really childish.

Mcoffey:

MarsProbe:

Oh, and to all the people in the Saints Row camp? If you haven't done so already, please make your own thread extolling the virtues of said game/series. Yes, we get it, You prefer SR to GTA. You think GTA IV was too serious and prefer the more lighthearted shenanigans of Saints Row. Well done. Let's all just enjoy the games we prefer in peace. Isn't it great the way we can all have different tastes yet still get along with other? It's things like that makes me like this community so much!

So much this. I loved GTA IV, and yet - Get this! - I'm also getting Saints Row: The Third! I know, I'm obviously some kind of mutant for enjoying both games for different reasons and acknowledging that both have their strengths. There can be only one!

In all seriousness, this GTA/Saints Row pissing contest I keep seeing all over the internet is really childish.

Both games can be good?

.....you get out of the internet NOW!!!!

But yes I cannot wait for Saints III to, and this trailer for GTA just is icing on the cake of games I can't wait to play in the future.

DarkRyter:
Damn, I guessed it was gonna be Washington DC.

Aw well, Alternate LA's pretty okay.

From the trailer, this one's not gonna be the technological leap forward IV was from III/San Andreas. Looks like they're stickin with Euphoria. Still looks damn pretty, but wish it was damn prettier.

Also, I hope that's not the theme song. It's nowhere near as good as "The Soviet Connection".

Just looks like GTA4 with the iCEnhancer ENB graphic mod (btw if you got gta4 and yet to try out that mod, do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhGYGvhhU60 ). I hope they improve up on the gameplay and add more mission variations, less random (and frequent) telephone calls asking if you want to go to the t*tty bar

This looks really bland and uninteresting so far. Still waiting for Rockstar to impress me.

Tom Templeton:
Oh boy, I can't wait to see Jack Thompson rage over it.

But i was disappointing to see San Andreas. Wanted vice city, Manchester or London. *Sigh*

I'd like to see something new, like Tokyo or Shanghai.

Wait, was that Frank Wests voice actor?

Welp, I'm sold.

Floppertje:

EDIT: what? how did that work? I SAW I got the captcha wrong after I pressed enter. left out a whole word... I'm starting to think this system doesn't work very well.

Um... you know how reCaptchas work, right? One of the words is right. The other is fluff. You can just type in "iuagfaiugf" for one and "tyronomy" for the other and you'd get in. (Assuming "tyronomy" was the correct one, I mean.)

This is an example the good folks at 4chan use whenever someone complains about the dual-word Captchas.It contains dubious amounts of the word "nigger" (hello /b/) so I'll just send it to you like this, but it should explain how it works. http://dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IMAGES/4chan-is-using-googles-captcha-technology-to-get-the-word-nigger-inserted-into-digital-books-as-much-as-possible.png

York_Beckett:
The narrator sounds suspiciously like someone who's covered wars, you know...
Maybe it's the same voice actor.

Now he can add gang shootings and bank robberies to his resume of things he's covered.

Wouldn't that be a twist? You're not a criminal at all. You're hard nosed photo journalist, Frank West and this is a prequel to Dead Rising. He's covered wars. Urban wars.

The Gentleman:
Sounds like a white ethnic to me, possibly Italian or Cuban.

Just had a dash of Hispanic but not too much, so possibly mixed race 2nd or 3rd generation Mexican, Cuban etc etc.

...me edging towards Cuban too.

Wait will this be in San Andreas? Or just Los Santos?

Either way fuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyes YES!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Im so happy I could cry :')
I freaking love GTA !

Floppertje:

The Gentleman:
I commented in the original thread already, but I just wanted to point something out:

When the gunmen hop out of the exterminator van, at least two of them are using suppressed AK-47s. Does this mean we finally will have some basic customization of the weapons?

maybe certain weapons have silenced versions as different models? worked that way for the silenced 9mm in San Andreas...

Any guesses as to the ethnicity of the protagonist (if he's the one doing the VO)? He didn't sound caucasian to me, but not distinctly hispanic or black either.

EDIT: what? how did that work? I SAW I got the captcha wrong after I pressed enter. left out a whole word... I'm starting to think this system doesn't work very well.

Captcha works by giving you too words, one of which it knows, and the other it doesn't. The longer word is almost always the one it knows. It checks the one it knows against it's database, and it assumes that since you got one word right, you got the other one right too, and adds what you typed as what the unknown word says.

I like to fuck with it by replacing the unknown word with my name, every single time.

daxterx2005:
what an awful logo, It reads Grand Theft Auto Five Five...
pick one or the other.

lol! first thing Yahtzee's probably going to say when he reviews it! XD

Comando96:

The Gentleman:
Sounds like a white ethnic to me, possibly Italian or Cuban.

Just had a dash of Hispanic but not too much, so possibly mixed race 2nd or 3rd generation Mexican, Cuban etc etc.

...me edging towards Cuban too.

Plus, they can frame it as a "Son of Scarface" story

I found this...I do believe that this fits pretty well.

Huh, San Andreas again (or at leas Los Santos). Was never that interested in getting 4, world looked too small and too brown/grey. Was kinda hoping that they'd have one based in prohibition era Chicago, but I guess it would be hard to get a good sound track for that one.

not sure. i kind of lost interest in them since part 4 was poorly optimized for the pc and was not willing to install tones of patches just to play this game. the last one i dint get either and maybe i dont bother either with this one.

Wow the character animations have really improved. Nice work Rockstar. I will be buying this.

I'm considering getting this game, I missed out on IV because it looked so boring. But this one actually has some cool scenery and colours.

Also, if they make the game play run as smooth as this trailer, it will give me another reason to buy it.

Frylock72:

punipunipyo:
I like how at the end, the word "five" wrapped around the roman unmoral "V" as if people they aim this game to would not be educated to read a "V" as a "5"! people like 4th grades and lower, or school drop outs...

It's from a dollar bill from back in the day. It's not a dig by Rockstar at its customers, it's actually from the government back then putting it on there, likely because of the lack of information spread in the middling years of the US. Don't jump to conclusions.

Like I said in the other thread, this looks really cool, and even if it has nothing to do with GTA:SA, I'm still happy as hell to go back on a newer engine.

oh wow... me history fail? dang! heh... sorry... that was the only part that bothered me...

Don't give me wrong.. looks REAL good! can't wait to see the actual thing. I skip GTA4, so I don't really know how much "jump" is this one to 4, but compared to GTA3SA, this one looked more lively, and more features added to add realism! good job RS... as far as game goes... I hope it's more fun than job, and more features/weapons than polished old things...

Coffinshaker:

daxterx2005:
what an awful logo, It reads Grand Theft Auto Five Five...
pick one or the other.

lol! first thing Yahtzee's probably going to say when he reviews it! XD

heh, probably

FUCK YEAH instant pre order

Welcome to San Andreas, fool.
Looks good and glad we're leaving the depressing Liberty City for something more cheerful.
Hope they bring back humourous and fun missions.

Looks cool. I hope the narrator is the protagonist, because that would mean for once a GTA protagonist is actually wealthy to begin with. Nice change to the system.

garjian:
It can be set in San Andreas all it likes... it looks like the same boring stuff, just with some countryside.

(Wow... considering that GTASA is still one of my favourite games... GTAIV put me right off the series didnt it? >.>)

Yep. Once you start slagging off a game and making your mind up after seeing ONE trailer - which gives almost no indication of the gameplay at all - you know you're probably not thinking clearly anymore.

Floppertje:

Maybe you should look up what a recaptcha actually does

Vice City was the last good game they had going for them.

Why does every one of these take place in the huge, metropolis areas? Why nothing international and halfway decent? LA and New York are boring cities.

Could you imagine New Orleans with locations in Texas? Maybe even Chicago. They pick the WORST cities in this country to locate these games in. I'll pass on this one considering it looks like the same exact game from a decade ago.

Sonicron:
Grand Theft Auto - now with patented 'five' overlay for customers too braindead to decipher Roman numerals.

That's probably not too far off. When GTA IV was out here, I heard a lot of people say "Gee Tee Ay Eye Vee".[1] So. Fucking. Annoying.

I'm looking forward to this. I've enjoyed all the GTA games I've played so far, except the one on iOS. That was boring. I was hoping for Vice City or an all together new location, but San Andreas is fine for me.

[1] EDIT - And they were not saying it sarcastically either.

Well since they put 2 things i really like into GTA V - palmtrees and jets - i'm sold. :)
Can't wait.

Looks like San Andreas on the new engine. Just what many people wanted.

DarkRyter:
Damn, I guessed it was gonna be Washington DC.

Aw well, Alternate LA's pretty okay.

Arsen:

Why does every one of these take place in the huge, metropolis areas? Why nothing international and halfway decent? LA and New York are boring cities.

So far, in all but two games they had different renditions of the same three places from the original GTA: Liberty City, San Andreas and Vice City.

Gman's uncle:
Personally, I wanted Hong-Kong.

I was really disappointed when the True Crime: Hong-Kong was cancelled. The original game was kind of bad, but provided good fun.

samsonguy920:
People, it probably isn't going to be all of San Andreas. Most likely it will just be Los Santos with Red County(although that first view of countryside would seem to fit Whetstone). I honestly wouldn't expect them to put all of SA in the new engine. Especially as I didn't see any of Las Venturas or San Fierro in the video.

They did an expansion in size from GTA 3 to San Andreas. Might do the same here, since they already have an engine and probably some stuff made for the GTA 4 they can use in this one.

Hey, BakedZnake! Listen! Want to go to a titty bar? If so, do a barrel roll!

Father Time:

garjian:
It can be set in San Andreas all it likes... it looks like the same boring stuff, just with some countryside.

Since you've seen to be able to get more info out of the trailer than it actually had, tell me what kind of activities will be in the games. Will the fire truck missions be back? How about the robbery missions, or the demolition derby missions?

Hahahaha BURN!

Fuck yeah Rockstar...everything you do looks more and more awesome...If anyone was allowed to remake their previous game, its you.

When the trailer started, I thought the game would take place in vice city. I found out, that it isn't. I am sad.

Now here is the important question.
Which game would be more fun?
GTAV or Saints Row The Third?

My bet is on Saints Row.
GTAV looks nice, but I think it might have the same problems IV had with tutorials and just not having a lot of fun stuff in it...

unimpressed. this was a bland taeser that really didnt got me interested.

Looking forward to it. Rockstar has been on a roll for me for the last few years.

...See what I did thar?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or